The Churchill Travel app is designed specifically for guests visiting Churchill, Manitoba, Canada, enhancing your experience of the community's wildlife, culture, cuisine and living history.
Churchill Travel app is your travel guide, curator of wildlife sightings, and the channel through which to share your amazing Churchill adventure!
• A comprehensive travel guide including detailed records for: plant, mammal and bird Wildlife; Attractions in Churchill and the surrounding area; the best places in town for Food & Drink; top Accommodation in which to rest your weary bones; community Services including essential services, car rental and retail locations; and exciting Tours and how to make your tour booking.
• From the Wildlife guide, tally your sightings of polar bear, gyrfalcon and snowy owl (amongst many other species). At the end of your trip, your Wildlife sightings are summarized in the Achievements section and ready to share.
• At every Attraction, Tour, Food & Drink spot check off, and earn achievements based on your exploring prowess!
• Amongst your group of friends back home you're probably the only one who ever thought about travelling to Canada's subarctic to lock your gaze with a wild polar bear. Use Churchill's sharing functions and bring your social networks into the fold, having them contribute to your amazing bucket list experience!
• Churchill’s current time and weather always at your fingertips.
• GPS enabled maps as well as offline maps available of all Points of Interest, Service and Tours.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Updated live streaming feeds, improved achievements tracking, and revised wildlife notification functionality.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs updated bear reports
Love to anticipate arriving there in 24 hours, but the polar bear reports are slow and weekly reports are a month out of date. Visitors come for the bears, by not putting this info out makes me consider that other areas of the world want my tourist dollars more….
We still are going, and excited without the reports! Water is starting to freeze.
Been there several times and like to keep in touch with the climate and weathered. So critical for them to go to the ice and snow
A trip of a life time. A wonderful experience from riding the train to Churchill, seeing the polar bears in the tundra, and experiencing dog sledding.
The developer, Tactica Interactive, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tactica Interactive Communications
- 75.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Frontiers North Adventures