Introducing a multiplayer 3D movie theater to experience videos in VR
• High-quality VR theater: we have designed an immersive and realistic 3D movie theater optimized for mobile VR with high-quality textures and various lighting effects.
• Spatialized sound: audio tracks are played in a 360° environment to high-quality immersive experience. You can also discuss with friends.
• Reactions: audio conversation and fun interactions.
• Dynamic lighting: we have built optimized dynamic lighting that reflect brightness and colors in the room.
You can also follow @cinevrapp on Twitter.
Brace yourselves, CINEVR v3.1 is here with a lot of new features!
• App now ships with 2 builtin scenes, the Classic theater and a brand new Void scene with a customized player (size, position) to watch content alone
• A new home screen to create and use a CINEVR account, and purchase virtual popcorn
• At launch, 5 premium scenes are already available for purchase: Beach, Drive-in, Haunted House, Spaceship and Antique theater
• Premium video-on-demand available for rental with content from Targo Studios
• You were a lot of people asking for it: you can now Tap to recenter, yay!
• Improved rendering performance and increased eye resolution texture for sharper graphics
• Improved voice volume: users can be muted per-person, and voice is now correctly muted with volume set at zero
• Major fixes on video player crash
The CINEVR team
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but big audio issue
In my experience, this app had the best overall cinema feeling of any I tried. It worked well once I transferred over my movies, but there was 1 issue that really took away from the experience while watching. The audio for my video kept having weird crackling issues, while at other times it would sound fine. If you were to fix this one issue, the app would be fantastic and a sure 5/5 for me. Hope you can fix it!
Nice experience with room to improve
I tried a few VR theaters and this one is passable. There are a few quirks but for a free app it does what ut needs to and thats play movies. You just need to load a file to itunes using file sharing. Basically go to app icon on phone. Then a window panel is open with file sharing. Select what file to open and upload it.
Then in the app go to files or something like that and choose the movie.
The quirks is that sometimes the scroll bar where you select the point in the movie doesnt disappear. The audio seemed like i was in a hallway after a bit. The audience spoke too loud but if u select mute audience seemed to stop that.
I wish there were more viewable aspects but if you choose a different seat you basically adjust the viewable landscape. If you select 180 or 360 I had to hard stop app since couldnt get it back to the original.
Also not sure how to reset calibrations so if you're watching a movie but need to reposition in real life, can't recalibrate the screen to face forward.
But like I said overall worked but sound was a bit odd and resolution wasnt too great. But for free I say give a try. This is a keeper for now! Using an iphone 7.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your detailed feedback. We are working on performance fixes that will avoid crash on older iPhone generations, as well as adding recenter option, and fix UI bugs (scroll etc.).
Edit: Hi, we have released a new version 3.1.1 that fixes issues you have reported :)
This is an amazing concept. Actually had an idea to create an app similar to this a while back. You can make a lot of money from this app by focusing on making it social. My idea was to create a similar movie theater setting with good graphics. The app will allow you to create your own avatar, link up your Facebook, and make it optional to watch movies with people that are friends or to go into a room with strangers when you have the option to click on their profile and meet them. It would be great if you could interface with Netflix to watch movies, or charge people to view a movie with either strangers or friends . If I was giving the option to rent movies or subscribe to a movie service, this app would be amazing
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- ONE DIGITAL NATION
- 141.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © CINEMUR S.A. 2017-2019
- In-App Purchases
- 300 virtual popcorns $4.99
- 1000 virtual popcorns $12.99
- 500 virtual popcorns $6.99