Classkick is a free app that students work on and get help instantly from their teacher and peers.
Students work on assignments with their Chromebooks, laptops, or iPads, while getting help from teachers and peers instantly. Teachers create assignments, see all their students’ work in real-time, and give LOTS of student feedback. Best of all, students can help each other anonymously.
Using Classkick, feedback to students increases by 300% and grading time is cut in half.
“Classkick is every teacher’s dream.” - Lynne Shalman, Chapin School
“Students love Classkick...it was magic!” - Greg Port, Seton College
- CREATE paperless assignments using existing worksheets, audio, video or web content.
- SEE every students’ work simultaneously.
- GIVE instant feedback when it is most important.
- FACILITATE peer-to-peer feedback and learning.
- WORK at their own pace and even on their own time.
- ASK for help privately.
- HELP their peers.
- in class or at home.
- in traditional or flipped classrooms.
- as a group together or on your own time individually.
- station work
- do nows/exit slips
- guided practice
- independent practice
• Assignment import now supports PowerPoint and Word Doc files!
• Improved speed and performance on Whole Class view and Single Question View, especially for assignments with lots of handwriting.
• Better optimization for Apple Silicon.
• Fixes a bug causing pen/highlighter marks to reappear after returning to a slide where they were previously erased
• Fixes a bug causing some slide backgrounds to fail to load
• Images now load significantly faster than previous versions.
• Fixed a crash on some assignments with certain types of formatted fill in the blank answers and formatted text.
• Fixed a bug causing slides with lots of handwriting to break teacher student feedback mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Does the job but needs updating
I’m a Junior student in High School I’ve been using class kick for my math classes on my personal iPad. Does and gets the job done how it should. However it would be nice if you could update it where one can use the Split View feature that Apple IOS update came out with. There’s been many times I’ve been needing to go back and forth from my calculator app to Classkick just to be able to type a math problem. Meanwhile all my other school applications do function with the Split View feature. In addition the class kick screen does not fully fill up my entire iPad. It looks like as it’ll fit perfectly for the previous model iPads but for mine the screen is smaller then my actually screen size. But other than that the app works how it’s supposed to.
Creative digital space for me and my students.
I teach high school theatre arts and love the creative space that Classkick allows. My students have the option to choose text color, add photos & links. It has become our interactive notebook where I can easily join their slides as they work and write them to guide their work. I love adding sticker grades and use my Bitmoji. Even my 18 year old students enjoy seeing a fun Bitmoji on their work. The back channel is awesome as students can chat directly on the slide. Raising a yellow hand for help and green hand for completion is very helpful in streamlining my grading. I love that I can accommodate for my students who have an IEP by leaving them an audio message or linking a video explanation of an assignment. It has changed my classroom. I cannot speak highly enough of Classkick. I personally pay for the portfolios. I also love that students can collaborate on each other’s slides (or you can turn that function off).They think it is fun to join others. Classkick has modernized my classroom and provided a communication tool that has helped my students and I bond further in both synchronous and asynchronous learning.
Great for Immediate Formative Feedback
It is essential for users to understand the purpose of this app. NO it is not a note-taking app so if you are looking for a note-taking app for students, then move on to a different app—like Notability.
It IS FANTASTIC at giving students real-time feedback when they are practicing what you taught them.
Use it AFTER you give a lecture or show students how to do a problem. While they are working through, you can monitor their work. You can give hints if you see they are going astray without telling them their answer is wrong. You can highlight pertinent information on the worksheet, that they may have missed.
Also—it has a ‘raise hand’ feature—students raise their hand when they have a question— that allows you to answer student questions in the order that questions were asked. PLUS when you click on their raised hand, it takes you to the place in the assignment where they had a question. You can chat back and forth with students about questions they have or refinements you want to give.
On a multi-page assignments, students tell you when they are ready for you to grade their work. While students are working, I can usually finish more than half the grading of any assignment.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Classwork Co
- 112.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Classwork Co, Home of Classkick