Classkick is a free app that students work on and get help instantly from their teacher and peers.
Students work on assignments with their Chromebooks, laptops, or iPads, while getting help from teachers and peers instantly. Teachers create assignments, see all their students’ work in real-time, and give LOTS of student feedback. Best of all, students can help each other anonymously.
Using Classkick, feedback to students increases by 300% and grading time is cut in half.
“Classkick is every teacher’s dream.” - Lynne Shalman, Chapin School
“Students love Classkick...it was magic!” - Greg Port, Seton College
- CREATE paperless assignments using existing worksheets, audio, video or web content.
- SEE every students’ work simultaneously.
- GIVE instant feedback when it is most important.
- FACILITATE peer-to-peer feedback and learning.
- WORK at their own pace and even on their own time.
- ASK for help privately.
- HELP their peers.
- in class or at home.
- in traditional or flipped classrooms.
- as a group together or on your own time individually.
- station work
- do nows/exit slips
- guided practice
- independent practice
New in this release:
• We're proud to announce the new Scientific answer type for Fill in the Blank textboxes. Teachers can designate that a Fill in the Blank should receive a Scientific answer. After doing so, Students will see a new Scientific keyboard where they can draw or type scientific symbols or full-fledged equations!
• Minor bug fixes and performance improvements
Fixed in this release:
• Fixes formatting issues on the Manage Roster view.
New in recent releases:
• Makes student work answers and scores on Whole Class View and Single Question view more legible.
• Makes the points adjuster more legible.
• Sorts the roster picker view alphabetically.
• Changes the Fill In The Blank textbox from green to grey when "Show students their points" is toggled off.
• Adds an assigned roster count column to the teacher Assignment Dashboard.
• Changes the in-app references from "grades" to "points."
• Updates Class Codes on the Student Assignments Dashboard so that students can simply type and go directly to the assignment.
• Sorts rosters in alphabetical order on the Whole Class View.
• Adds support for promoting assignments on the student assignment dashboard! Want an assignment to standout in a sea of assignments? Assignments can be promoted using the ^ button on the teacher's assignment dashboard. This elevates the assignment immediately to all of your students.
• Adds support for 0-point stickers.
• Introduces a brand new account signup journey for new teachers!
• Fixes a bug causing the app to crash for teachers with limited system memory.
• Changes the Allow PDF Export feature so that it allows students to export until teachers turn it off rather than disallowing students to export until teachers turn it on.
• We're excited to announce teachers can now control whether or not students can export to PDF! Under the filter menu on Whole Class View, a switch has been added to turn PDF export on or off.
• We've added the show/hide slide feature to Teacher Feedback Mode. Now a teacher can tap on any student's work and show/hide the slide by tapping the eye icon in the toolbar.
• We've made the new Student Preview feature even better! Now class codes appear in Student Preview so you can see what your assignments look like when students collaborate as Peer Helpers. Simply tap the Student Preview button, and a class code will appear in the upper right-hand side of the screen. Then use the class code on another device to log in as a second student.
• We're excited to add a new Student Preview mode for teachers! Are you wondering what your assignment will look like from the perspective of your students? Tap the student preview button on the Whole Class View or the Single Slide Edit View. From there, you will be turned into a virtual student where you can interact with your own work. Try your own quizzes and tests as though you're a student in your own class.
• Performance improvements and enhancements.
Recent bug fixes:
• Fixes issues related to stickers in the menu bar on Whole Class View.
• Bug fix in the PDF import experience for PDFs that are grayed out when they shouldn't be.
• Minor bug fix causing the "lock assignment" switch to be hidden on the Whole Class View... Don't worry folks, we did not remove the ability to lock assignments.
• Major bug fix for truncated fill-in-the-blank answers.
• Minor bug fix for missing navigation bar when cropping manipulative images.
• Minor bug fix when viewing the camera menu on the canvas. Now, the paste image button is more visible when disabled.
• Other stability fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Does the job but needs updating
I’m a Junior student in High School I’ve been using class kick for my math classes on my personal iPad. Does and gets the job done how it should. However it would be nice if you could update it where one can use the Split View feature that Apple IOS update came out with. There’s been many times I’ve been needing to go back and forth from my calculator app to Classkick just to be able to type a math problem. Meanwhile all my other school applications do function with the Split View feature. In addition the class kick screen does not fully fill up my entire iPad. It looks like as it’ll fit perfectly for the previous model iPads but for mine the screen is smaller then my actually screen size. But other than that the app works how it’s supposed to.
Creative digital space for me and my students.
I teach high school theatre arts and love the creative space that Classkick allows. My students have the option to choose text color, add photos & links. It has become our interactive notebook where I can easily join their slides as they work and write them to guide their work. I love adding sticker grades and use my Bitmoji. Even my 18 year old students enjoy seeing a fun Bitmoji on their work. The back channel is awesome as students can chat directly on the slide. Raising a yellow hand for help and green hand for completion is very helpful in streamlining my grading. I love that I can accommodate for my students who have an IEP by leaving them an audio message or linking a video explanation of an assignment. It has changed my classroom. I cannot speak highly enough of Classkick. I personally pay for the portfolios. I also love that students can collaborate on each other’s slides (or you can turn that function off).They think it is fun to join others. Classkick has modernized my classroom and provided a communication tool that has helped my students and I bond further in both synchronous and asynchronous learning.
Great for Immediate Formative Feedback
It is essential for users to understand the purpose of this app. NO it is not a note-taking app so if you are looking for a note-taking app for students, then move on to a different app—like Notability.
It IS FANTASTIC at giving students real-time feedback when they are practicing what you taught them.
Use it AFTER you give a lecture or show students how to do a problem. While they are working through, you can monitor their work. You can give hints if you see they are going astray without telling them their answer is wrong. You can highlight pertinent information on the worksheet, that they may have missed.
Also—it has a ‘raise hand’ feature—students raise their hand when they have a question— that allows you to answer student questions in the order that questions were asked. PLUS when you click on their raised hand, it takes you to the place in the assignment where they had a question. You can chat back and forth with students about questions they have or refinements you want to give.
On a multi-page assignments, students tell you when they are ready for you to grade their work. While students are working, I can usually finish more than half the grading of any assignment.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Classwork Co
- 54.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 14 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Classwork Co, Home of Classkick