Now with the new Ignore List feature!
Clean Text is an essential tool for webmasters, graphic designers, developers and magazine editors to reduce text cleanup and editing time. The app is very convenient also for all iOS users that needs to cleanup and editing text from emails, documents, or other sources.
Solve text problems with a couple of taps
Clean Text quickly performs many essential text processing functions such as removing empty lines, removing unwanted spaces, converting tab characters, smart quotes, and more. In addition to this, smart actions let you solve with a single tap, the most common cleaning problems of text found in email messages, documents and web pages.
Type on iOS and find the text on your Mac
With Clean Text Menu, you can write text on your iPhone or iPad and then find it on any iOS device or Mac. You don't have to worry about anything. Thanks to iCloud, you will find in the device that you just picked up and in your Mac, exactly the text that you have just typed on iOS. And vice versa.
While you type in the search box all occurrences within the text will be highlighted to give you a complete picture, then with the Select Next and Select Previous buttons you can gradually select instances to edit or change them. Also Match case and Whole words, act immediately on the highlighted text and will allow you to do the replacements with millimeter accuracy. And with infinite undoes, your chance to try, becomes a tool to do a good job.
Accelerate your search and replace work using Regular Expressions
If you are a true expert, there is the powerful Regular Expression panel, which in addition to make available all RegEx capabilities for search and replace, it provides you the RegEx main patterns with a simple tap.
Often when you want to change a text automatically it contains words that should not be changed. To take a simple example, if you apply the UPPERCASE filter to a sentence, you don't want the word iPhone to become IPHONE, so we've added the new Ignore List feature to Clean Text. All the words in this list will not be modified by the various filters.
Clean Text supports major iOS technologies, such as:
• iPad multitasking Slide Over and Split View on iPad Pro
• Physical keyboard shortcuts on iPad
• iCloud to access the same text from any device
• Keyboard Shortcut Bar on iPad with Cut, Copy and Paste; Arrows Keys; Select and Deselect text
The main features of Clean Text are:
• Smart Clean and Clean and Compact text
• Clean Clipboard content without the need to paste it in the app
• Fix line breaks
• Fix spaces
• Remove empty lines
• Join paragraphs
• Replace tabs with spaces and replace spaces with tabs
• Remove and add email quote prefix
• Convert quotation marks: curved quotes, straight quotes, angle quotes, German quotes and Chinese quotes
• Convert from single to double and from double to single quotes
• Change case to sentence case, title case, uppercase, lovercase and random case
• Increase and decrease text indent
• Sort lines ascending and descending
• Convert from three periods to ellipsis and from ellipsis to three periods
• ROT13 encode
• Reverse text
• Convert HTML to plain text
• URL percent encoding
• Remove spaces, returns and duplicate lines
• Trim leading and trailing spaces and returns
• Replace spaces with returns and vice versa
• Add and remove line numbers
• Extract links, email addresses, phone numbers and unique words
• Remove duplicate lines
• Hard wrap text
• Convert emoji and symbols to their description
• Convert to upside down and to mirrored pseudo text
• Show total number of characters, words, spaces and lines in a text
• Find and Replace with live highlighting of matches
• Regular Expression search and substitution with live highlighting of matches and main patterns convenient buttons
• Recent Searches functionality
• URL Schemes support to launch and use Clean Text features using other apps that support this technology like Apple Shortcuts
• Ignore List
• Ignore List
• General design improvements
• Fix for all known bugs
Often when you want to change a text automatically it contains words that should not be changed. To take a simple example, if you apply the UPPERCASE filter to a sentence, you don't want the word iPhone to become IPHONE, so we've added the new Ignore List feature to Clean Text. All the words in this list will not be modified by the various filters. Inserting a word in the new Ignore List is very simple: select the word and choose "Add to Ignore List" from the contextual menu, do the same to remove a word from the Ignore List. If you want to see and edit the ignore list directly, choose the appropriate item from the menu on the Navigation bar. All in perfect Apimac style.
Ratings and Reviews
Love This App
I was a bit dubious of this and other similar apps. Would it be worth the small purchase price? Would it do the very simple thing I needed it to do by taking text from other apps and stripping it of all its formatting so I could paste plain text into another app? Would it be cluttered with cumbersome “features” that I had no use for and that just got in my way?
I’m happy to say that it does a great job of allowing me to paste formatted text from apps on iOS devices and strip it down to bare bones plain text which I can then paste as simple, plain text into other apps — a feature the iOS should obviously have built into it but badly lacks.
In addition, it has an unobtrusive menu of options to manipulate text in useful ways if that’s something you want or need to do. You can change case, quote or de-quote text, quickly and easily sort lines of text, find and replace text, and even allows for the use of regular expressions. You can also save the text as a note or export it in other ways.
You can do all of that and more by clicking the wrench tool icon which is located at the top right corner of the screen, but you never need bother with or even see it if you don’t want to.
I hope the creator of this app continues to support it over the lifetime of iOS because I find it an essential utility which I use dozens of times a day on my iOS devices. In fact, I’ve written this review using it before pasting it into this review.
This is the utility you didn't know you needed! I use this quite often, when working with text information. I don't know of any other so that can do what this one does. This app can save an incredible amount of time making repetitive changes to a document. The undo capability allows undoing 1 or more changes, so if you mess up, you can usually recover, without having to start over. If you are technically inclined, doing a search and replace using Regular Expressions can be very powerful. I can't say enough good things about this app, with all of the benefits I have received from using it.
Gets Job Done Right
Text, simple and easy, is where it all starts, but sometimes you need to bring it together, break it up, wrangle and format it to suit your needs.
Unlike others, Clean Text is simple to use. Easy on the eyes, uncluttered and intuitive. And it performs an extensive variety of text transformation tasks you don’t want to spend a ton of time on—in seconds.
And, unlike most apps of its nature, it is updated so as not to become the typical abandon-ware. It is formatted to fit screens of modern iPhones and works well with Apple’s latest OS. If you share text between via Apple’s share sheet transformations via Clean Text are even more of a breeze.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ivan Gobbo
- 2.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Apimac
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.