Introducing NeoFinder iOS
The leading disk cataloger for Macintosh is now also available for iOS!
Keep the NeoFinder catalogs of your entire digital library always with you!
Use Dropbox, iCloud Drive, or iTunes to transfer your NeoFinder catalog files to your iPhone or iPad
Find your photos, movies, songs, and any cataloged data quickly on your iPhone or iPad, wherever you go
Use the powerful Find Editor to find exactly what you need
The Inspector shows you all the details of your cataloged files, including Previews, EXIF, IPTC, ID3, XMP, song lyrics, cover art, if they are included in your catalogs
Geotags of photos or movies are displayed on the map
GeoFinder for all photos or movies within the visible range of the map
New features in NeoFinder iOS 2.5:
- When a Found folder is selected, NeoFinder iOS displays the content of that folder
- Context menu for a folder to view the Inspector for the folder
- Context menu for a Catalog to view the Inspector for that Catalog
- Context menu for the thumbnail in the Inspector to copy the image to the clipboard
- NeoFinder iOS remembers what was displayed when the app is quit, and restores that state the next time it is launched
- Inspector has left and right arrows for faster navigation to the next or previous item in the Catalog or the list of Found items
- Fullscreen image preview for items in the Inspector, by tapping on the thumbnail. You can scale the image, and navigate to the next or previous item to show off your photos
- Inspector shows audio BPM (beats per minute) value, if contained in the Catalog
- Inspector shows the XMP fields "Alt Text" and "Extended Description", if contained in the Catalog
- Inspector shows the separate Capture FPS data for video files, if contained in the Catalog
- Inspector shows the EXIF text fields Maker, Image Description, Software Name, Artist, Copyright, User Comment and the unique Image ID, if contained in the Catalog
- New icon for folders
- Many smaller fixes and improvements
Thank you very much for using NeoFinder iOS and for taking your time to read these release notes, we very much appreciate that.
Ratings and Reviews
A good first step
I have been using both Neofinder on the MAC and abeMeda on the PC for several years now. Once catalogs have been established, the real power is in finding things. Currently in Neofinder for iOS you can only find things based on file name.
I look forward to improvements being able to have improved searching capabilities.
Again this it a good first step. I had no problems viewing catalogs created from Neofinder and abeMeda.
Fails to correspond, removed access, & kept money
Beware! After many months with NO response from developer attempting to communicate with him on Neofinder MacOS 8, he kept the money & removed my license to it.
I had been using his product from previous versions but it seems he has no loyalty to his customers.
This is just a warning for those of you thinking of using this app which necessarily links to the MacOS counterpart.
Waste of money
Description clearly states that this app is now available on for iOS. What it does NOT tell you is that you need a Mac and everything about this is for a Mac ( another purchase) to make it work. It is NOT a stand alone app and does nothing for you without the Mac. It should be more clear on what this is and the requirements.
Developer Response ,
Actually, the documentation and the App Store Page explain all of that in very great detail.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Norbert Doerner
- 28.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 1995-2023 Norbert M. Doerner
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.