1. Get your bookmarks on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
2. Search your bookmarks anywhere with Quick Find.
3. Anydock is a floating bookmarks bar on your desktop.
4. Save links with ease: Quick Save automatically retrieves current tab’s info.
5. Categorize bookmarks with nested tags and folders.
6. Create Smart Lists to automatically organize bookmarks with attributes like URL and added date.
7. Open your Things URL or Obsidian URL with Anybox. Built-in support for Hook.
8. Build your own actions with Siri Shortcuts and Apple Script.
9. Also save images, files, and notes. Easily retrieve frequently used images and notes.
10. Sync via iCloud. No personal data collected.
Terms of Service: https://anybox.app/terms-of-service
- Add "Open links in frontmost browser if possible" option for Anydock.
- Fix some bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
The bookmarking tool I always wanted to build
I spent years keeping a modest collection of bookmarks in Pinboard and Raindrop, but ironically I only ever wanted a great native desktop experience for my bookmarks.
Anybox covers just about every use case I have and then some. It avoids the trap of becoming yet another read-it-later app while providing great productivity features like AppleScript support and deeplinking. The drag-and-drop support makes importing and exporting a breeze as well.
All in all, a fantastic app with a receptive developer and flexible subscription and one time payment options for just about everyone.
Looks nice, not so nice in use
The interface looks nice, but this app falls down at the crucial first step of saving content. It saves links, but I could not get it to save pdf’s or web archives (I would prefer an editable format like Markdown anyway). It appears to default to saving a jpeg screenshot, which is useless most of the time. It won’t let you save a given link more than once, which is counter productive if you want to save different formats, even if you delete the link entry- you have to delete it from the trash. Please note this is not really a good tool for saving all kinds of content, it’s really focused on links. I think it’s pricey for what you get. There are cheaper alternatives which work well.
Anybox is 👌
I use and test workflow software / tools for a living. Anybox is powerful but understated. Uses apples ecosystem very well including iCloud sync which is surprisingly hard to come by. Unlike most bookmark-ish-notetake-your-life tools, I feel as though my data is respected across browsers, desktop, mobile, and integrations. Much more to say about the tooling but if you’re reading this far just read the onboarding docs. Oh and the price is well below what competitors charge. A subscription I’m happy to pay (examples of others I feel happy to pay for are Raycast, Notion, ChatGPT, Superhuman etc)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Anybox LTD
- 13.4 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2022–2023 Anybox LTD
- In-App Purchases
- 1 month $1.99
- Lifetime $39.99
- 12 months $14.99
- Chips-Sized Tip $1.99
- Coffee-Sized Tip $4.99
- Pizza-Sized Tip $9.99
- Lifetime $59.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.