ClearCheckbook is an application that lets you manage your finances directly from your iOS device.
Check out your balances, add transactions, manage your accounts and spending categories, view your accounts, budgets, manage reminders and recurring transactions and more!
ClearCheckbook integrates with the website ClearCheckbook.com, giving you the ability to manage your finances from anywhere you have an internet connection.
ClearCheckbook.com is a free website that lets you manage your finances by providing tools for budgeting, reporting, balancing your checkbook, projecting future balances and more.
The ClearCheckbook app is free to sign up and use. We also offer a ClearCheckbook Premium feature upgrade at https://www.clearcheckbook.com ($52 / year)
Fixed a bug that was causing the Transaction Type to set incorrectly when using Autocomplete.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this APP!
I love this app. The only reason I give it four instead of five stars is because there is one update I would really love to see. I would love to see the ability to add photos to go with the transactions. For example if I were to go to the grocery store I would love to be able to put it in my clear checkbook like I normally would and then I would be able to take a photo of the receipt and attach it. Clear checkbook if you are reading this I would really love to see this update and if this update comes I will definitely consider changing my review from a four to a five star
Good App - Would like to see more features
Review is for the iPhone OS version
Cost: free for basic, $4/month or $42 annual for premium feature access
I had to find a replacement for my other app iReconcile which I used for many years. IReconcile had issues with its syncing capabilities.
Pros with this app:
- Terminology such as "debt snowball" and "envelopes". If anyone is a fan of Dave Ramsey, you would understand.
- Desktop version allows you to set up a dashboard to view what you want to see at a glance
- I personally do not like automatic sync with my bank accounts because you are at the mercy of the bank to send information as it clears from the site
-Video tutorials are available (web/YouTube)
-Report function (premium on desktop only)
- Visibility to future transactions (premium on desktop only) - a must for budget conscious users
- You have to pay for premium features to access more than the basic features offered
- I would have rated it higher because what you see on the desktop does not match the app version
- If you want to see what you see on the desktop, you would have to log into your account from the Safari web browser on your phone so it defeats the purpose of the app
- I would like to see future transactions so that it is easily accessible
- The reminders do not include the dates of future transactions and this would be helpful
Overall, I think I feel this is a good app but needs to improve on some features.
Love the online version, App is Ok as an extension
I've been using the premium web version of Clear Checkbook for a few years now, and absolutely love it. I do use the app as well, but can find it frustrating at times.
For example, when I open the app, there will be a no name, no balance account at the top. So I slide my finger down to refresh, and it will goo away. On the web version I can start typing the Payee and it will autofill, and will give me multiple choices if several payees have part of the same name. But the app most of the time will not do that unless, again, slide your finger down to refresh. Then sometimes that will work. But my biggest complaint is, unless I don't see it, you can't save a screenshot of a payment (I.e. a confirmation number from paying a credit card bill) to your transaction. Except only if I use the web version on chrome on my phone, which gives me that option.
I love the web version, and I do recommended the app, it just the app has room for improvement.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.