ClearCheckbook is an application that lets you manage your finances directly from your iOS device.
Check out your balances, add transactions, manage your accounts and spending categories, view your accounts, budgets, manage reminders and recurring transactions and more!
ClearCheckbook integrates with our website, giving you the ability to manage your finances from anywhere you have an internet connection.
ClearCheckbook is a free website that lets you manage your finances by providing tools for budgeting, reporting, balancing your checkbook, projecting future balances and more.
New, improved Account selector when you are creating Transactions and Bills.
Ratings and Reviews
Good App - Would like to see more features
Review is for the iPhone OS version
Cost: free for basic, $4/month or $42 annual for premium feature access
I had to find a replacement for my other app iReconcile which I used for many years. IReconcile had issues with its syncing capabilities.
Pros with this app:
- Terminology such as "debt snowball" and "envelopes". If anyone is a fan of Dave Ramsey, you would understand.
- Desktop version allows you to set up a dashboard to view what you want to see at a glance
- I personally do not like automatic sync with my bank accounts because you are at the mercy of the bank to send information as it clears from the site
-Video tutorials are available (web/YouTube)
-Report function (premium on desktop only)
- Visibility to future transactions (premium on desktop only) - a must for budget conscious users
- You have to pay for premium features to access more than the basic features offered
- I would have rated it higher because what you see on the desktop does not match the app version
- If you want to see what you see on the desktop, you would have to log into your account from the Safari web browser on your phone so it defeats the purpose of the app
- I would like to see future transactions so that it is easily accessible
- The reminders do not include the dates of future transactions and this would be helpful
Overall, I think I feel this is a good app but needs to improve on some features.
The only checkbook registered I use
This is the only checkbook register I have ever used, I believe since the earlier parts of 2008. No other software has such a responsive staff that supports the software title and it does exactly what I need it to do. I can track my transactions down from the time I execute my transaction or I can go back a couple days later and put my transactions in, then clear the transactions with my bank. The one feature I do not use is the link account feature. I have a paranoia that I do not like to connect my checking account or savings account to third-party software. So I cannot speak to the linking of the accounts, but, I am sure that it is a secure link and it will not jeopardize the accounts of those folks that use this app. I do pay the annual fee to which I think is well deserved by the staff and developer of the software. If the fee is required every year, I would continue to pay. I love the membership features that it offers as well as the additional controls that allow you to maintain accountability of your personal finances. I couldn’t be happier with a design of software that allows me to track my personal finances and the money I lent out to others. This is why I gave a five star rating. I highly recommend the app to anybody else looking to manage your money and the personal accounts.
Love the online version, App is Ok as an extension
I've been using the premium web version of Clear Checkbook for a few years now, and absolutely love it. I do use the app as well, but can find it frustrating at times.
For example, when I open the app, there will be a no name, no balance account at the top. So I slide my finger down to refresh, and it will goo away. On the web version I can start typing the Payee and it will autofill, and will give me multiple choices if several payees have part of the same name. But the app most of the time will not do that unless, again, slide your finger down to refresh. Then sometimes that will work. But my biggest complaint is, unless I don't see it, you can't save a screenshot of a payment (I.e. a confirmation number from paying a credit card bill) to your transaction. Except only if I use the web version on chrome on my phone, which gives me that option.
I love the web version, and I do recommended the app, it just the app has room for improvement.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SiliconTrance, LLC
- 16.2 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 SiliconTrance, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Mobile Premium Upgrade $4.99