Manage your time, team, and job all in one place.
ClockShark is a cloud-based timekeeping and scheduling app used by construction and other field service companies to track time, schedule shifts, see who’s working, and help manage jobs from start to finish.
Companies with mobile teams can manage their time, teams, and jobs from anywhere with any device.
Hear what customers have to say:
“We save so much time and it makes our job much easier.” Stephen M. CEO/Owner, Construction Company (saved 10+ hours/month)
“The system integrated perfectly to QuickBooks and it made payroll a breeze.” Adrian P., Owner (saved $1200/month and 10 hours/month)
“The crew loves that they can take pictures and insert it into the app to show that their work has been completed.” - Abel C., President, Janitorial Company (saved 25+ hours/month)
Easy Time Tracking
● Track your team’s time in one place—no more messy paper timesheets
● Easily switch between jobs and tasks, take a break, or clock in or out
● Clock in and out of a new shift right from the scheduler
● Track time against each job or task for better job costing, payroll, and billing
● Review and approve your team’s time
● Allow a crew leader to track time for everyone on their crew with CrewClock™
● Turn a tablet or phone into a kiosk so multiple people can track their time using a single device
● Confirm your team’s exact clock in and clock out locations for more accurate timesheets
● Get GPS coordinates every time your team uses the mobile app to clock in, start a new job or task, and clock out
● Remind your crew to clock in and out when they’re near the jobsite with geofencing technology
● Receive notifications when employees clock in or out early, late, miss a shift, go into overtime, or clock in or out outside the geofence
See Who’s Working
● See your entire team on the map with Who’s Working Now
● Know when your crew is on the jobsite and how long they were there
● Use the GPSTrak™ feature to confirm your team’s location with a breadcrumb trail you can play back anytime
● When enabled, the GPSTrak feature updates your team’s location every 15 – 20 minutes
● Only see your team’s location when they’re clocked in—not when they’re clocked out or on a break
Get the Job Done Fast
● Easily schedule your team for shifts
● Teams can see their schedule at a glance and know exactly what to do each day
● Navigate directly to the jobsite by clicking the job address in the app
● Leave comments, attach photos and other documents, and chat in real time about each job in the app
Handle Complex Time Policies
● Set up paid or unpaid time off policies
● Receive and approve time off requests
● Set up overtime rules and apply them to multiple groups or a single person
● Receive overtime alerts
Save Time and Money
● Create detailed reports to estimate labor costs more accurately
● Integrate with QuickBooks, ADP, Gusto, Sage, xero, Paychex, MYOB, or any other app you use regularly through our integration with Zapier
Respect Your Team’s Privacy
● GPS location tracking doesn’t work when your team is off the clock or on a break
● You’ll only receive GPS location updates when your team is clocked in
● Configure the app to track only the information you want to track
● Your customers can see exactly how long the job took
● Your team can easily check their hours against their paycheck
● You can rest easy knowing your team is where they say they are, doing the job they say they’re doing
● Everyone can use the data in ClockShark as a record if there’s ever a question about payroll, invoicing, time, or location
Excellent Customer Support
● Call or chat with real people who care about you and your business
● Our customer support team loves helping customers get the most out of their ClockShark subscription
● Contact email@example.com with any questions or call (800) 828-0689
Note: To use the ClockShark mobile app, you need an active trial or paid subscription. Start a free trial at www.clockshark.com/signup.
* Augmented logging capabilities
Ratings and Reviews
Better than paper, not perfect
I really like the simple UI. Easy to use, and I love that my companies time tracking is all electronic. Saves a lot of hassle and allows me to work from home. The GPS feature is cool. It has a neat timesheet summary page which is handy.
It really needs a feature for amending/correcting time mistakes. I forget to clock in or clock out sometimes and I have to hassle the secretaries at my company every time I forget. It’s not like there’s a punch out box by the door to remind you to clock in or out. I’ve stared doing it in the notes but sometimes the secretaries don’t look.
Also it crashes or gets into failed sync states. Tech support is very good and helpful, but even they have had to resort to telling me to just reinstall the app because it was an unrecoverable glitch.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review! It’s great to hear you’ve had a good experience with our customer support team.
We’re sorry you’re having trouble with amending/correcting your time though. ClockShark administrators can give you permission to edit your own time. If this is still an issue, please talk with your administrator to see if they’ll let you edit your own time. You can also set reminders in the mobile app to help remind you to clock in and out every day.
We’ve made some updates to the app since your review so hopefully the crashes and syncing problems are no longer an issue. Please let us know if things have improved. If you’re still having issues, please contact customer support by calling 800-828-0689, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or clicking the chat box on the bottom right side of our website to start a chat. We’re happy to help!
This app has potential to be a great app. But way room many issues. First is the have to allow tracking at all time. Huge safety issue, what potential to be misused! Second is this app will clock an employee out. If they go into the app to do anything more than a min! Didn’t believe it till today. When I witness it clock an employee out. While said employee was checking his weekly timesheets. Huge liability issue with the labor department!!!! All this after the last update!
Great follow up reply! But none of these issues started until after your update. But as for tracking our state law does not allow it on personal cell phones. Without written permission! Which this app changed that without a notice to us clients! Which I turn can cause clients undue hardships! As our state loves lawsuits for violating them laws. As the clocks out. I did not mark for active tracking of employees! But have seen first hand your app illegally clock out my employees! Which again can cause undue hardship to company owners! These issue need address to make this app great. As for now I’ve had to switch back to a legal app, so I don’t face any lawsuits for your app illegal, tracking and clocking out issues!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The GPS feature within ClockShark is entirely optional for the Administrator to implement, so you may disable it at any time if you have concerns over your state's laws.
Furthermore, the "Allow Always" requirements allow for the app to remain in communication with the devices' GPS receiver even when the app is closed and running in the background. This is to ensure no gaps in GPSTrak while the user is clocked in. This does not mean that ClockShark is communicating with the GPS receiver while a user is clocked out. ClockShark only tracks and records location while the user is clocked in.
Again, this feature is entirely optional so you may stop using it at any time.
Super User Friendly, Game Changer!
This app is great great great! Easy to use and add to phones. The gps tracking is great so we can verify our employees marked the correct job, we can pull hours easily for job costing, the employees can see their total hours to verify their paychecks, etc. I used to spend hours on timesheets and no more now that we have the app!
Some of the other reviews that are negative say that the employer is always tracking the employee, but the employer can only see the gps location if the employee is “clocked in”, so it doesn’t track gps data when someone is not working. And yes, it does use a very small amount of data, but we use Verizon’s unlimited business plan for 10 phones and the data use always really low.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ClockShark, LLC
- 103.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 ClockShark, LLC