Take your language skills to the next level! Fill in the missing word for thousands of sentences in your target language.
Clozemaster is gamified language learning through mass exposure to vocabulary in context. Free to sign up and play! The perfect app to keep making progress after Duolingo and a great complement to language learning at any stage.
- Select the missing word in the sentence to score points.
- Sign up or sign in to track your progress.
- Text-to-speech available depending on your device.
- Over 100 language pairings available with more being added all the time.
- Play sentences grouped by difficulty as well as the Fluency Fast Track available for popular languages like Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, and Portuguese, including sentences grouped by JLPT for Japanese and HSK for Chinese.
Learn even faster by subscribing to Clozemaster Pro!
- Download sentences to play offline.
- Unlimited listening mode practice.
- Search sentences and save your favorites.
- Customize your review intervals.
If you decide to subscribe to Pro:
- Once your purchase is confirmed, your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account.
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account is charged for renewal within 24-hours before the current subscription period ends.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewals by going to your Account Settings on the App Store.
- Terms of Service https://www.clozemaster.com/terms.
Clozemaster is still very much a work in progress. If you notice any issues, find any bugs, have any language or feature requests, or there's anything else we can do to improve Clozemaster - please let us know!
- Toggleable dashboard stats
- Played today, new, and review stats per collection on the dashboard
- Added back calendar stats feature
- Ready for Review and Favorites collections sorting by last played
- Next button moved to bottom of the screen after answering when playing text input for easier tapping after tapping the return key on the keyboard
and other bug fixes and improvements! Thank you for all the feedback in the last release, more updates and improvements coming soon!
Ratings and Reviews
Love this App
I love this App for so many reasons! I can put it on radio mode and just listen- it even has a timer so I can listen to it when I go to bed. The sentences are authentic- not like the silly sentences on Duolingo. It uploads fast, you can download and “play” without internet. It goes way beyond the basics of Duolingo and their customer service is wonderful. If I report a glitch or have a question, they get back to me right away. I’m studying Romanian from scratch and doing German but set my native language to Spanish so I can review Spanish while learning German. It’s a simple to use App that is very powerful. (My only wish is that they’d keep track of how many days I’ve practiced instead of a streak because if I miss a day, it starts over. Id like to know, for example, that I’ve done 45 days out of the last 50. Also, maybe have a way to “ make up” those days missed by practicing twice a day. I like to be held accountable. Thanks for making a fun and effective App for language learning.
I don’t know how I initially came across Clozemaster, but I’m so glad I did. It is just a random assortment of fill in the blank sentences in a ton of languages (one at a time;), but that’s kind of what you need for language practice once you’ve passed the absolute beginner stage of a language. As other users have said, this isn’t for total beginners. Spanish/Italian/French/German are easy enough to figure out on Clozemaster with limited foundation. Russian, Welsh and Chinese definitely require some outside learning. I never like to say one language app is better than another, because they each do their own thing. Memrise rocks for vocab, Duolingo for sentence forming, Clozemaster for reading comprehension that pushes you to think of the correct missing word. Clozemaster certainly pushes you past the A1 level in comprehension that a lot of apps might stop at, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use other apps in tandem! Thanks for a great app! Please keep pro affordable as you reach out to more and more consumers.
This is one of the best language practice apps. It’s straightforward and effective.
The sentences, from the very beginning, are useful. They’re real world, conversation snippets. Things like “I’ll let him know”, “Yeah, we can go.” rather than “The horse eats apples.”
The UI is simple and enjoyable, and the old video game sound effects are unobtrusive and a great little dopamine hit. I don’t feel the need to turn them off.
Also, they only ever run “ads” for their own premium upgrade. No 30second “play this game” popups. Just once at the end of every round, “you can upgrade to premium!”
And I’d say premium is definitely worth it. I buy it when I’m ready to do a lot of review for a month or so, and it’s a good upgrade. Let’s you choose how many you want to do each round, up to just playing infinitely.
I wouldn’t recommend this app as a “first touch” for your new language. Top 100 words will be easy, but I’d suggest moving through the CEFR A level of your language before starting the top 500. You don’t need to be perfect with concepts, but knowing *why* you’re constructing sentences/words this way, will make your learning experience here much more effective. Have fun!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Language Innovation LLC
- 33.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Language Innovation LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Clozemaster Pro Monthly $8.99
- Clozemaster Pro Yearly $69.99