Take your language skills to the next level! Fill in the missing word for thousands of sentences in your target language.
Clozemaster is gamified language learning through mass exposure to vocabulary in context. Free to sign up and play! The perfect app to keep making progress after Duolingo and a great complement to language learning at any stage.
- Select the missing word in the sentence to score points.
- Sign up or sign in to track your progress.
- Text-to-speech available depending on your device.
- Over 100 language pairings available with more being added all the time.
- Play sentences grouped by difficulty as well as the Fluency Fast Track available for popular languages like Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, and Portuguese, including sentences grouped by JLPT for Japanese and HSK for Chinese.
Learn even faster by subscribing to Clozemaster Pro!
- Download sentences to play offline.
- Unlimited listening mode practice.
- Search sentences and save your favorites.
- Customize your review intervals.
If you decide to subscribe to Pro:
- Once your purchase is confirmed, your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account.
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account is charged for renewal within 24-hours before the current subscription period ends.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewals by going to your Account Settings on the App Store.
- Terms of Service https://www.clozemaster.com/terms.
Clozemaster is still very much a work in progress. If you notice any issues, find any bugs, have any language or feature requests, or there's anything else we can do to improve Clozemaster - please let us know!
- Radio round history and timer
- Added support for the new grammar feature already available on the web
- Updated leaderboards
- Random Collection always available
- Sentence source link after answering
and a whole bunch of minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t know how I initially came across Clozemaster, but I’m so glad I did. It is just a random assortment of fill in the blank sentences in a ton of languages (one at a time;), but that’s kind of what you need for language practice once you’ve passed the absolute beginner stage of a language. As other users have said, this isn’t for total beginners. Spanish/Italian/French/German are easy enough to figure out on Clozemaster with limited foundation. Russian, Welsh and Chinese definitely require some outside learning. I never like to say one language app is better than another, because they each do their own thing. Memrise rocks for vocab, Duolingo for sentence forming, Clozemaster for reading comprehension that pushes you to think of the correct missing word. Clozemaster certainly pushes you past the A1 level in comprehension that a lot of apps might stop at, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use other apps in tandem! Thanks for a great app! Please keep pro affordable as you reach out to more and more consumers.
I’ve wanted a language app that keeps me engaged ever since I decided to study Italian. I’ve tried others, but they’ve been too simplistic, too limited, and too gimmicky. Clozemaster can be set up to exactly match your skill level, from absolute beginner to advanced. You can choose multiple-choice, text only, or even audio-only modes, and you can get hints if you’re struggling.
I have spent too much time arranging numbers in boxes and flinging birds at pigs. Now I spend that time learning, and it feels like play. It’s set up so that, as I attain new levels, the quizzes are more challenging and more rewarding. The Italian database has 240,000 sentences, so it’s unlikely I’ll run out of things to learn. I m so pleased I found this app.
The Best Resource for Vocabulary
I’ve tried many resources in my life as an aspiring polyglot. I speak 4 languages and I wish Clozemaster existed when I first started learning.
It’s *Amazing*. Truly, you won’t find anything that throws you right into the context of a language in a more gentle way. Since you need the “cloze” word to fully understand the sentence, your brain prioritizes the absorption of the words taught, in contrast to flash card methods of learning.
Now that I have Clozemaster, I’ll never struggle with vocabulary again. And it’s fun!
As a side note: realize that Clozemaster probably isn’t best for absolute day one beginners in a language. And it should be used as a complement to other resources for language learning. You want a balance.
I’d recommend learning the first 100 Most Common Words on the app before even clicking the Fluency Fast Track.
Last thing: I’m a pro user (regular is free) and it’s totally worth it. Currently I’m living in Sweden and learning Swedish and the unlimited listening practice (Cloze Listening) is making this a piece of cake. In one week I’ve gone from barely understanding anything, to being able to listen to radio and podcasts with pleasure!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Language Innovation LLC
- 10.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Language Innovation LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Clozemaster Pro Monthly $8.99
- Clozemaster Pro Yearly $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.