Coastal Explorer 4+
Cruise planning and navigation
Rose Point Navigation Systems, Inc
- Offers In-App Purchases
Coastal Explorer™ is a sophisticated, full-featured, easy-to-use cruise planning and logging tool designed specifically for the pleasure boater. And it becomes a complete navigation system with the purchase of a chart subscription.
The free Coastal Explorer app provides these great planning features:
* View NOAA nautical charts for the US in both raster and vector formats
* Unlimited routes, waypoints, boundaries, and other navigation objects
* Cloud-synchronization of your navigation objects
* ActiveCaptain points of interest
* US Coast Pilot information
* Marine weather forecasts and observations for the US
* Tide and current predictions for the US
Purchasing a chart subscription turns Coastal Explorer into a complete navigation system that includes:
* Downloadable charts, tide and current predictions, and ActiveCaptain places for offline use
* Interfacing with compatible networked marine electronics devices, including GPS, compass, depth sounder, anemometer, AIS, autopilot, and more
* Customizable instrument panels
* Route following with cross-track error, distance and time to go, estimated time of arrival, etc
* Track and event recording
* Integrated blogging
Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
See our Terms of Service at https://www.rosepoint.com/legal/terms_of_service.
We fixed a problem that could prevent subscriptions from being used on multiple devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Program under performs
I have been a Rose Point fan on my PC for years. This program defaults to some place out west on startup. I am a North East sailor. I could not get any chart updates to download.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed! Please let us know how we can improve Coastal Explorer on our support forum (community.rosepoint.com or use the App Support link on this page). The default location is our office in Redmond, WA, but if your device can determine your location, the screen will pan to your area. We can try to help with your chart download issue on the forum if you'd like, but downloading charts for offline use does require a subscription.
Can’t download charts for offline use, can’t zoom out far or pan, no where near as good as the computer program. Definitely in need of some bug fixes. Get on it rosepoint! Not worth the subscription i paid for, Navionics is way better. Don’t waste your money until they fix these problems. How can i get a refund?
Really liking the app. I'm a long time commercial user of ECS. Just wanted to let you know that I'll become a subscriber as soon as you're able to add the USACE IENC's. Looking forward to what you come up with next!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rose Point Navigation Systems, Inc
- 27.4 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Rose Point Navigation Systems Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscription $49.99
- Monthly Subscription $19.99