SEAiq USA is a full-featured marine navigation app. It automatically downloads all charts (both vector and raster) from NOAA and the US Army Corps of Engineers for regions of USA you select.
Other features include:
* Night color modes
* Anchor alarm
* Automatic download and display of weather (wind & isobar)
* Chart measuring tools (EBL/VRM)
* WiFi-based NMEA and AIS
* Raster charts
* Vector charts
No purchase is required in order to use SEAiq USA to view charts. All features are enabled during a 7-day evaluation period. After that, many of the feautures require purchase of an in-app upgrade.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Minor improvements and fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Ok, but no longer supports new Active Captain data.
I have used Seaiq for several years as my iPad backup to the boats chartplotter. It does a good job at that and I like its raster chart capability.
But they no longer support new Active Captain data and if you had not used Seaiq with the old AC then you cant download any AC data. So I am now mostly using Aqua Map.
Just downloaded the 7-day trial with Premium and absolutely amazed at how much great info it has even for us non boaters (currently).
Keep up the GREAT app / updates / upgrades. Suggesting this app to my boating friends as we speak ;)
A LOT of function and value
I've looked at various iOS charting apps to find one that leveraged the information available on my boat network - speed, heading, COG, depth, etc. I never found anything that really met my needs.
I went back and found an app I had liked and rejected a year or so ago: SEAiq Pilot. There was a lot to like about the app but I'd be danged if I was going to spend $400 on an iOS app.
However... I discovered I was confused by how they sell their apps. There are really 3 different versions available:
* SEAiq Pilot is intended for use by professional pilots on big ships. It has a lot of features focused on that market such as showing separate course vectors for the bow and stern, showing the swept path of the vessel, showing a trial Rate of Turn, and tons of stuff I don't understand. $400
* SEAiq USA is the 'recreational' version of the program. It has 80%-90% of the functionality of Pilot. It can download and display NOAA and Army Corp of Engineer charts (vector and raster). $25
* SEAiq Open is the same as SEAiq USA but adds the ability to install S-63 as well as charts from PRIMAR and ChartWorld. $50
As a recreational boater my take on this is: $25 if you need the US Govt charts; $50 if you want to buy and load international charts.
So what did I get for my $25? The things that are important to me:
* Integrated, free downloads of NOAA charts
* Management and quilting of both vector and raster charts
* Decent WP and route creation (and no auto-route)
* Very nice route export/import/backup via GPX files
* Export of WPs to my MFDs via WPL sentences
* Very nice import/export/backup of the app configuration via files
* Excellent NMEA 0183 handling including diagnostic displays of sentences received, data, and errors
* Excellent handling and display of AIS data. AIS data is much more useful to me in this app than on my MFDs.
Nice to haves include:
* Tide and current options (several options, free and paid)
* Download and display of GRIB data
* Active Captain integration
* Various alarms
* A very cool anchor monitor
Also include with the app is the most detailed documentation I've seen in a product of this kind. The doc is available from within the app even when the app isn't connected to the internet. Maybe this is old-school but I view it s a huge positive.
I've dealt with their support on a few questions and received some of the best answers--quick, complete and informative.
I'll also note the apps are updated in the app store every few weeks. Again this appears to me to be a 'professional grade' offering with serious ongoing development.
- Sakhalin, LLC
- 37 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Sakhalin LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade for Premium Features $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.