All on board the Coding Express! Coding Express introduces early coding concepts and 21st century skills to preschoolers.
Using the popular LEGO® DUPLO® train set, teacher guide and an easy-to-use app, preschool teachers have all they need to teach early coding concepts.
“I have never seen anything like Coding Express and I am very intrigued with its structure and the varying ways it can teach children specific skills they might not have gained through play before. I love its versatility and how the many different areas of play will keep most children occupied for a very long time.” Kate, preschool teacher, USA
“Coding Express gives preschoolers a very different learning experience. Building different shapes with the train track helps them to understand the coding concept and combined with the educational activities and teacher material it makes early coding intuitive, fun and educational. The app enhances the experience and it gives the early learners more ways to learn about coding.” Wenting, pre-school and kindergarten teacher, China
With the Coding Express app and LEGO® DUPLO® solution you will get:
• 234 LEGO® DUPLO® bricks, including Push & Go train with lights and sounds, motor, color sensor, 5 color-coded action bricks, 2 railroad switches and 3.8 meters of train track
• Teaching materials that includes 8 online lessons, introduction guide, poster, 3 building inspiration cards for building 12 unique models, 5 getting started activities and 8 simple video tutorials
• Free app featuring 4 fun and educational activity areas, including:
o Journeys: Explore destinations and traffic signs. Learn about the sequencing of events, making predictions, planning and problem solving.
Characters: Support children’s social and emotional development. Children identify and examine the feelings of characters, considering the consequences for others.
Math: Explore and understand how to measure, estimate distance and identify numbers.
Music: Learn about sequencing and looping. Compose simple melodies, explore different animal and instruments sounds.
• Key learning values include sequencing, looping, conditional coding, problem solving, critical thinking, collaboration, language and literacy, and expressing ideas with digital elements
• Teaching solution and early coding toy for preschool children 2-5 years old; Developed using science, math and technology from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the 21st Century Early Learning Framework (P21 ELF) and the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework.
This is not a standalone educational app. This app is used to program the LEGO® Education Coding Express set, which is sold separately. Please contact your local LEGO Education reseller for further information.
Getting Started: www.legoeducation.com/codingexpress
Lesson Plans: www.legoeducation.com/lessons/codingexpress
LEGO, the LEGO logo and DUPLO are trademarks of the/sont des marques de commerce du/son marcas registradas de LEGO Group. ©2018 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- LEGO Education
- 845 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- ©2018 The LEGO Group
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.