Brew better coffee.
"Life's too short to drink bad coffee" – someone, somewhere.
Coffee is a personal drink and we know a good cup when we find it. Sometimes recreating that perfect cup is hard – unless you record everything about it, ready for next time. Coffee Book helps you do that and much more.
With Coffee Book, you'll store all kinds of important information about your coffee but also how it came into being, too. The coffee you used, the brewing method, and even the equipment can change how a cup tastes. Coffee Book helps you log and track it all.
Need to tweak a cup? With Coffee Book, learning about your coffee tastes has never been easier. You'll log changes as you go, noting what they mean to you and your tastebuds. All of this information will be safe and sound in the cloud so you'll never have to start again!
- Syncing with Apple Health – your caffeine intake will never be a mystery again.
- Support for all the best brewing methods including Aeropress, Chemex, Cold Brew, and more.
- A space for photos for those extra special cups.
- Ratings, so you can track how your brewing method, beans, and more affects the outcome.
- Privacy, because coffee doesn't need your data and neither do we.
The one with your recipes.
Coffee Book's March update has brought recipes to the app. You can now make a recipe, share it, and then make brews from it.
The new stuff:
- The new homepage has now been really dialled in, making everything load a little faster.
- The app is now mostly localised into German, with content localisation coming soon, alongside more european languages.
- There's some subtle improvements to the design of all the buttons ( they're a bit squishier ).
- You can now create a recipe in the data tab, which will allow you to save your favourite brew profiles.
- When you've made your first recipe, you can create a new brew copying all the parameters.
- There are a few more fields for brews.
- When adding a coffee, it now has a “state”, so you can say if it’s one you’re using now, or one you’ve finished. If you use all the coffee you entered as the amount, it’ll automagically switch it to finished.
The bug fixes:
- Fixed a possible crash when sharing a brew on iPad Pro.
- Sped up image loading across the app.
- The onboarding notifications are currently disabled due to them being shown incorrectly.
- When you're entering text, it will no longer default to a zero, making it easier to enter values.
- The close buttons now work as expected on the popovers.
- When the homepage loads, the graph no longer looks really weird - thanks @bobek_balinek !
- Updated the longer text fields so they no longer lose their content when you scroll off.
- The brews in the all brews page are now consistently sorted.
- The graph widget will now no longer be problematic.
- In dark mode, the brew cards will now display correctly.
- When you copy a brew, you'll no longer copy the image, saving loads of space.
Thank you for continuing to support Coffee Book.
Ratings and Reviews
Allows for excellent data input to dial in each roast along with being able to add specific notes and photos. The categories are very complete and well thought out. It is very easy to navigate and syncs well with Acaia Lunar. I only wish there was a category to input grinder rpm settings since that typically will change the grind and shot time settings for espresso. Perhaps being able to graph flow control profiles would be a nice add on in the future as well. These two things are very minor and very picky considerations to an otherwise excellent app.
Very happy to give this 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
I’m so glad to hear you like the app!
More options are coming and I’ll add grinder RPM as an option. Flow control graphs should be out in a future update too for users with scales.
Thank you for the suggestions, if you have any more please email me and I’d love to get them in - picky is appreciated from coffee folks like yourself :)
Helps you improve!
I’ve been struggling with my pour over brews. I can’t remember ratios I have tried, or coffees I have used. Coffee Book really simplifies my tracking of the types of brews I’ve done!
Good got documentation
I tried two different apps. This was very good for documentation. It would be nice if I had a Bluetooth scale, but it is not necessary. If I were going to add a future I would add some graphs or charts they compare the same brewers. But that is not essential. Overall it is straightforward and easy to understand I would get it again even if I had to pay for it. I think it’s worth at least a couple bucks. I recommend it. It won’t cost you anything to try it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Logan
- 88.3 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Alex Logan
- In-App Purchases
- Coffee Book Plus $0.99
- Coffee Book Plus - lifetime $14.99
- Bean Tip $0.99
- Coffee Tip $2.99
- Bag of Beans Tip $9.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.