Recruit. Strategize. Win.
Take control of your own college football program and bring it to glory!
In College Football Coach, you play the newly-hired head coach at your college of choice. As head coach, it will be your responsibility to manage your team's strategy, play through seasons, recruit new players, and above all, win national championships.
When you start your career, you'll inherit a roster of 48 players (23 starters) and you can select how you want them deployed by picking from different playbooks on offense and defense. Each of these playbooks gives your team different in-game stat boosts that could help (or hurt!) them against their next opponent.
Your team will play 12 games in the regular season: nine against your conference opponents once and three out-of-conference games. The most important game of the regular season is your rivalry game: winning it will net you more program prestige points, while losing it will cost you some.
Want to put on a headset and roam the sidelines yourself? You can call plays LIVE by selecting the “Play Game” option when starting a new game week! Each playbook has 10 different plays to choose from, hand-selected from historic and current team playbooks and each with their own unique set of in-game bonuses. Don’t want to worry about scheme or routes? Turn on “Basic Playcalling” mode in the Settings panel and cruise to victory with a simpler set of plays on your play sheet.
As your team progresses through the season, pollsters will determine how good (or bad) your team is compared to others. Where you’re ranked will be determined by a number of factors: wins, margin of victory, strength of schedule, and more, and determines who gets into a bowl game and the semifinals (and therefore the National Championship game). At the end of the season, your team will gain or lose prestige based on their final ranking versus their expectations!
After the season is over, you’ll get to recruit the next class of players that will lead your team to bigger and better wins. You'll face off against teams across the country for the same players, and your program's prestige will affect how good the players available to you are. Stronger teams will be able to recruit higher-quality players, while weaker teams will need to allocate their effort strategically in order to build up their rosters.
All of that sound fun to you? Establish your own college football dynasty - play College Football Coach today!
Visit Football Coach on Reddit at https://reddit.com/r/FootballCoach!
* Fixed a rare crash while scheduling OOC games.
* Fixed a rare crash when generating Game of the Week news.
* Fixed a rare crash when viewing recruiting options.
* Fixed a categorization issue with Notice of Allegation headlines.
* Fixed an issue with improper handling of the redshirt button on the recruiting class page.
* Fixed a bug where recruiting points were improperly calculated in year one of a hard mode save file.
* Fixed a bug where the Fast Forward option was available when just viewing the gamecast.
* (Hopefully) fixed a bug with coaching hires that resulted in repeatedly corrupt save files.
* (Hopefully) Adjusted save files update to fix save file corruption from the previously-mentioned bug.
* Added reset button on min/max filters.
* Added a filter to hide commits from recruiting/transfer search results.
* Adjusted min/max filters to avoid same value conflicts.
* Adjusted recruiting flow such that your entire recruiting class (including walk-ons) is available to view from the recruiting class screen. IMPORTANT: this means that users must complete transfers before recruiting.
* Adjusted CPU team in-season interaction rate with recruits.
* Adjusted in-season recruit commitment criteria. Recruits will now start to commit after week 8, giving users more time to convince recruits to come to their programs.
* Adjusted calculations for player interest in team schemes.
* Adjusted available offseason options when in Career Mode and the user coach has been fired.
* Adjusted visibility/accessibility of the search button and recruit profiles in the Recruits tab to make its use more intuitive.
Thanks for playing!
Note: this version requires iOS 14.
**In-season recruiting + general recruiting improvements**
* Added better sorting and filtering interface
* Added flavor text for recruits/transfers
* Added a recruit interaction: Bagmen
* Added pipeline states
* Added setting: Auto-recruiting
* Added blue-chip ratio list
* Added support for coordinator poaching
* Adjusted coach hiring to make old coaches available to be hired as coordinators
* Adjusted coach hiring to allow promotion of OC or DC to HC if position is open (in school mode)
**Game detail improvements**
* Added Player of the Week award
* Added draft projections on player cards
* Added more team records
* Added jersey numbers to players
**Quality of Life improvements**
* Added metadata customization of pro/rel conference connections
* Added metadata customization of rosters
* Added metadata customization of multiple rivals and rivalry game names
* Added EPA game flow and win probability charts, along with Game Excitement Index metrics
* Added support for multiple save files
* Adjusted prestige bonuses/penalties for in-season performance to be more deterministic
* Adjusted game and playbook balance
* Updated play by play log
* Updated CFB EPA and WPA models
Ratings and Reviews
This is a fantastic game to play in our free time. It really passes the time which definetly helped me get through quarantine. I think everything you have added to the game is great and I do really think that you have created something great here. There is one thing I would like to give you as a challenge to add to your game though. This is not the only free sports game that I play in my free time. There is a very popular group of free sports simulation games known as Zen GM. These games are all different in their own respect, but here is one thing that they all have in common that separates these Zen GM games from all other sports simulation games I have seen. Zen GM has a “God Mode” where one can take control of more then one team to create a user simulated experience. This has opened up a lot for the Zen GM games and I am also a part of the BBGM simulation leagues as well. The BBGM community is very large and has 13K people following its reddit page at the moment. I think that if this game had a God Mode like feature to it, it would be undeniable that this would be the best free college football game in the world and possibly the best college football simulation game as well. Just an idea.
Yet another great yearly updates
I came back to this game after recently hearing it has received another big update and oh my was I surprised at how much you guys changed the game. I seriously haven’t left my phone down for 24 hours because I’m hooked. However there are still some points of criticism I would like to address:
1) the bottom hot bar is too packed together. I would rather have a sliding side bar than a universal hot bar. Since there is so much information in the game now, I think a side hot bar would be the best option. I think if you guys implement the menu system of the iOS game “campus dynasty” the game would flow better. I still constantly forget where things are.
2) Recruiting on easy and hard difficulty is still way to easy. I say you create a points system that is seen in ncaa 14. You have a certain amount of points for recruiting depending on how big your school is.
3) this is something I think you should add. Please add more depth to recruiting like player visits and player gpa.
Thank you guys for making the best free college football coaching game. Keep up the good work!
Developer Response ,
Make sure you tap on all of those tutorial popups - the game won't let you move forward until you've read how recruiting and the transfer portal work (or, at the very least, tap through all of them to show that you have). If this isn't the case and you're experiencing crashes that impede your progress, send me an email and I'll look into it!
Where are the game options?
When I looked at how to play it said when you press “play game” there would be three options to chose from; sim game, watch play by play, or play the game live and call plays for your team, but when I create career mode or create a school mode I only have one option and that is to sim the game. This makes no sense because I would have loved to have called plays for my team and watch play by play. If you guys do fix this problem and put those features into the game (like it says on how to play) this game would be great. I really don’t have many problems besides that and quarterbacks that are at a high overall that are on your team (like an 86, 87, or even an 89 overall) have end of season stats that you would see from a 68 or 70 overall quarterback. Also the ranking system is a bit to off in my opinion. I will be ranked #17 and lose to my opponent who is ranked #11 and then be completely out of the top 25. This makes no sense. I have seen #6 ranked teams lose to the number one ranked team in the country and drop all the way down to #18. If the developer can fix these three problems this would be a great game. Besides these problems this overall a pretty decent game.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Adjustments to the ranking formula and simulation engine are coming in future updates.
As for the Play by Play and Play Game options, those are not available if you are on a device with a 4-inch screen (ex: iPhone 5/5s/SE 1st gen or iPod touch). Additionally, if you are on an iPhone 6 or better and have Display Zoom enabled (which mimics the 4-inch screen size), you won’t see them either. This is because 4-inch screens don’t have the required screen real estate to fit the UI required for these features. However, if neither of these cases describes you, please email me and I'll take a look. Thanks for playing!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Akshay Easwaran
- 22.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Akshay Easwaran
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.