The Collins Latin Dictionary offers the students and professionals studying Latin an extensive coverage of the language in a compact, portable format.
Developed as part of the "Collins Education" stream, this dictionary is designed for all learning stages and be used at home, at school, or professionally.
• Comprehensive and authoritative, with all the words and phrases you need
• Extra help with difficult words
• Easy-to-use layout helps you find what you are looking for quickly and easily
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Would be nice to have sentence example, declensions, conjugations would be nice. Also list as infinite and first person indicative for verbs so look up in either form. But nice. I use all the time.
Collins Latin Dictionary
A standard Latin dictionary that you can always have with you. What could be better? When you wonder what the root is, wonder no more. Constantly improve your status as a literate person! SPQR or not, as the case might be! Works well, no glitches, not designed for a scholar doing a translation but for an educated person reading through life. I’ve had one on my shelf for decades, getting the mobile version is a no-brainer. (Have to figure out the Latin for that one...)
Decent dictionary with room for improvement
It’s a decent dictionary, the layout is good, however it is pretty annoying that the translation order keeps switching to English - Latin. I often want to translate from Latin only, but after few words it switches automatically to English words. I hope they fix it.
Also we can’t put the words in favorite in one click, so that’s not convenient. They should also add more Latin phrases in examples.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MobiSystems, Inc.
- 69.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 MobiSystems, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.