- Fixed bug preventing users from posting
- Custom Fonts
- Added option (Comet Settings -> General -> Font) to change the font used across the app
- Available Fonts: System (SF UI), Futura, Arial, Menlo, Georgia, Baskerville, Times New Roman
- Comet will now check for messages while you are using the app every 5 minutes
- Comet will also automatically check for messages when you reopen the app from the background
- Fixed bug when collapsing comments that could cause duplicates to not be removed
- ‘Open in Comet’ no longer makes host app show a black screen or crash it
- Fixed crash when opening the comments of a gif
- Added new app icon ‘Abnormal’
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but a very annoying problem
The ui and smoothness of this app is great but there's one thing that makes this app really annoying for me. There's no option to disable the swipe to upvote function, which is especially annoying when viewing comments because I can't swipe back to the previous screen without readjusting my grip to reach the very edge of the screen. Also there is no feature to rearrange subreddits for quicker access which I use everyday in Apollo. If these two things are fixed this would be my favorite app.
Edit: they implemented full screen swipe back so that fixes that problem! Still can't rearrange subreddits.
Developer Response ,
The latest update added customizable swipe actions and a full screen swipe back! Hopefully that helps with your use case.
I’m looking into expanding on how Comet handles favorites. I’ve gotten quite a few suggestions wanting sortable and more accessible favorites. I’ll keep you updated!
The New King
I’ve tried them all, literally every current Reddit client on the App Store. I switched back and forth between Narwhal and Apollo for the longest time; but no more.
Comet looks and feels like a native iOS app. It’s not feature filled like the others, but it has everything you need in a Reddit client. It also not riddled with bugs like the competition. Plus, ad-free for free? What modern app gives you quality and no ads for free?
I absolutely love this app. It’s the best client I’ve found. The only annoying things I faced is that the 3 dots, on the top right corner of my screen, never seem to work on the first try. Further the edit button in the subreddit page doesn’t seem to work. Apart from that I love the app and have shifted to it from the default reddit app.
Oh also, the app is FREE with no IAPs and has NO ads.
- Aaron Kovacs
- 36.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Aaron Kovacs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.