This app works with ComicBase Professional and Archive Editions to let you:
- View your total collection value and see how it's changing over time
- View reports you've saved to the web or generated with ComicBase Sidekick
- Lookup comic information and values by scanning a comic's barcode with your phone's camera, or by typing in its title and issue number
- Add new comics to your collection while you're on the go. Then use ComicBase's "Internet > Check for New Sales and Purchases" command when you're back at your desk to automatically add your new comics to your main database.
The app is free, but requires a current subscription to ComicBase Professional or Archive Edition.
Fixed a problem which could cause a crash when scrolling through long titles on iOS devices
Ratings and Reviews
Does exactly what I needed a mobile version to do
Loving this new app!
I’ve recently upgraded to ComicBase 2020 Professional from Express. It allows me to save my database and my reports to the Cloud.
Having done that, this app allows me to do 2 very important things: add new issues to my collection simply by scanning the issue’s barcode; and view my collection on the go!
Your ComicBase updater software will then import the new issues you added, update your database, and save it to the Cloud. This allows you to then generate an updated collection report on your mobile device with this app.
I’m not giving it 5 stars simply because there’s still room to add more new features with future updates.
Unfortunately poor app and support
I’ve been a loyal ComicBase user for more years than I can remember and have used it exclusively to manage my large collection. With the advent of the iPhone (yes, I’ve used ComicBase longer than the iPhone has been in existence) I was really wanting them to integrate the computer software with the iOS platform so I could manage my collection and view checklists at shows. This app was their effort to do this and it simply does not work. Even with the big new CB update (early 2020) where they tout better integration with this app it still does not work as expected or promised. I have sent support request emails about the app and they have all gone unanswered. It’s really too bad as this could be a great add-on to the CB program, but they either don’t have the expertise to pull it off or they are just giving lip service to the CB users who want this functionality. Maybe both. I’ll keep using CB because my large collection is already set up in the software, but this app, unless greatly improved is hitting the rubbish bin.
Logged in- Doesn’t get better
Others seem to have problems logging in but I logged in fine. Once I was in, the app seems designed by someone who had app design explained to him once for 5 minutes on a crosstown bus during a parade.
My collection shows up, but it still says there’s nothing in my collection. I tried to use it during WonderCon to get a simple list of issues I’m missing and there is currently no way to tell what I own compared to just a comic that has database information. And the interface looks like it was built for an iPhone from 1985, and since the iPhone wasn’t released until 2007, that’s a bit of a problem.
If they get the app right, I very much want it but it’s current version should have never been released.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Human Computing
- 111 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- ComicBase™ and ©2021 Human Computing. All characters and titles shown are ™ and © their respective owners