CompareMerge is a software tool for file comparison and merging text-like files.
It is useful for determining what has changed between versions, and then merging changes between versions.
Functions of the application:
- SUPPORT MULTI-LANGUAGES:
- COMPARE FOLDERS/FILES: can compare both 2 files or 2 folders
- QUICK COMPARE FOLDERS: allow to quickly compare two folders' files by size or date or both or with full content (slower)
- BLANK COMPARE: Allow to create blank edit window to compare text then save later
- CUSTOM THEME COLOR: User can select predefined theme color or customize edit text color, background color....
- INLINE EDIT (Edit/Merge at the same time) : Compare and Merge 2 text files: allow you to edit/compare/merge 2 text files in the same windows
- LINE NUMBER: When edit file, showing line number will make it easier to know exactly changes positions.
- GENERATE PATCH: the application also contains patch generating capabilities.
- FILE FILTERS: Include or exclude files that match regular expressions. Other than that, after compare 2 folders, you could filter display item base on file name.
- INCLUDE SUBFOLDERS: This option lets you control the depth of a folder comparison. Enabling it compares all folder levels
- COPY TO: after compare 2 folder, you can select left or right files to copy to different location (example: when release change source)
- DELETE Left/Right/Both: after compare 2 folder, you can select left or right files to delete
- IGNORE CASE, SPACE: Allow to ignore Case, Space in Edit/Merge window
- IGNORE End-Line code: Allow to ignore difference in End Line Code (LF for Mac・Unix file, CR-LF for Windows file, or CR for Mac classic file) in Edit mode.
Note: when compare folders, EOL was not ignored.
- EXPORT / CREATE REPORT: Allow to export compare/merge result to clipboard or to files (support formats: CSV, Text, HTML)
- Syntax highlight
- Theme color
- Export to zip file
- User can compare hidden files, folder (example: .git folder)
- Allow to merge binary-plist file
- In edit mode, a small view is show to the exact text difference
- Fix bugs
- Improve UI
- Support macOS 11 Big Sur
- Support Apple Silicon
- Auto move to next file when press the button "Previous" or "Next" in Merge dialog
- Add new 2 buttons "Previous File" and "Next File" in Merge dialog
- Add shortcut keys in Merge dialog: CMD-1, CMD-2, CMD-Y to switch focus between left and right
- Highlight differences in text-comparing-window
- Support filter file names by regular expression (regex)
- Improve UI of Text Merge window
- Add support for macOS 10.15
- Add File finding dialog for File List window
- Add spelling setting controls
- Support multi-languages: English, Deutsch, Français, 日本語, 한국어, Español, Português, Čeština, Dansk, Suomi, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Русский, Svenska, ไทย, Türkçe, Tiếng Việt, 中文（中国）, 中文- Add [Two pane views] mode in folders merge window
- Support drag/drop folders to/from Finder
- Improve UI
- Allow to filter out sub folders base on name
- Add Wrap Text function
- Highlight source code in multi-languages
- Support multi-theme color
- Allow quick compare folders base on Size or Date only
- add "Generate patch" function
- Add read/save encoding setting controls to Merge windows
Ratings and Reviews
Good with room to grow
This app does what it says it does. It has all the basic features you'd expect in a text file comparison application. However, I found the interface somewhat confusing and had to tinker with it to understand how it works. Maybe there is documentation somewhere, but I didn't see it. The picture comparison feature was recently added, but I'm not sure exactyl what problem it is meant to solve. You can get a command line wrapper for the tool which I like because that way I can use this app as a file compare plug-in got goodsync. For now this app gets the job done, but with a few more iterations, it could reall shine and be more enjoyable to use.
useful alternative to windiff, filemerge
CompareMerge is great - coming from the windows world, I was looking for something similar to 'windiff' - compare merge fits the bill at a reasonable cost. When you consider that one of the competitors to comparemerge is $70, I think CompareMerge does a great job at $14
Note that my expectations are to compare text files, like you'd use for programming websites, and compare merge does a great job there, comparing whole folder stuctures and letting you drill down into individual files.
Also note: I've owned this program for quite a long time now - I've been impressed that it's been kept current and that new updates and features come out every now and then. It's definitely one of those purchases that I feel like I've gotten great value from.
Saving my hide
I have many versions of a very complicated Excel workbook. I startd it twelve years ago and have just kept adding features. I have not been very organized in the updates so there are many inconsistent versions of my codes.
This app has let me compare versions by exporting VBA modules from two versions, then comparing. The app is very easy to use. I have no complaints.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tien Thinh Vu
- 7 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Vu Tien Thinh
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.