Stay in sync with your team, wherever you are, with the Confluence Data Center and Server app.
PLEASE NOTE: The app works with self-hosted Confluence Data Center and Confluence Server sites running Confluence 6.8 and later.
• Create and edit pages
• Stay up to date with your team's work with push notifications for @mentions, replies, page shares, and tasks
• Quickly find pages you’ve recently viewed or worked on
• Go to any space and browse using the page tree
• Read pages or save them to read later on any device
• Like, comment on, and share pages
• See the latest activity from your Confluence site
• Search all of Confluence, or search within a specific space
From document creation to project collaboration, over 30,000 companies have discovered that Confluence is a game-changing way to share ideas, work on projects, and get stuff done.
Do I need the this app or the Cloud app?
To check if this is the right app for your site, open Confluence in your browser and go to Help ( ? ) > About Confluence. If your Confluence version number is 6.8 or later you can use this app! If your version number starts with 1000, then you'll need the Confluence cloud app instead.
What we collect
Before you log in, this app will send us some anonymous information including your device, operating system version, carrier, day and time, country, and your language. If the app crashes for any reason, we also receive anonymous information in crash reports. This helps us make sure the app is working well.
Tell us what you think
Shake your device with the app open to message the product team. We want to hear from you!
We're bringing more love to Confluence Data Center and Server mobile app. In this version we've:
- fixed bugs and made improvements
See https://go.atlassian.com/confluence-dc-server-app for more information on how set up Confluence to use the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Missing lots of little things that would make this useful
Missing lots of little things that would make this useful. Examples:
Current logged in user, it’s a guessing game.
Does not display some macros, like children display, which breaks user navigation of stacked pages.
Very limited, almost not useful at all
For people who use Confluence with their teams, this is not a useful app. Though the desktop browser experience of Confluence is buggy and the mobile browser is poor, this app omits almost everything useful about Confluence:
- it does not update pages in the app when server pages are edited
- you can’t use any of the page templates to create new pages
- page editing lets you enter text, lists, and bold/italic only. No @ or [ or // references, no linking at all, inserting tables, adding pictures, indenting, adding table rows, etc. Even on an iPad with a keyboard. It’s useless for taking meeting notes.
- Most widgets on pages don’t work: search boxes, Task Canvas, Gilphy graphics, etc. everything is replaced with a “view desktop version” button that takes you out to the browser, where you’ll end up staying. At that point why have an app?
They say this is the start and more will come. Sadly this is a long way from being a useful collaboration tool. If all you need is a quick look at your favorite pages that other people update and you can comment on, it might work for you.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the detailed feedback, and sorry to hear the app isn’t living up to expectations. I’ve sent a detailed response via email, but on a high level, please be aware that currently this is just our 1.0 release. We want to be able to gauge feedback from users such as yourself and adjust accordingly.
To address a couple of the points that you've raised:
- Edited pages not updating in the app: While the page doesn’t automatically update (as it shows a cached version), pulling the page down to refresh it will always show the latest version. We’re considering whether to improve this behaviour in future releases.
- Widgets don't work: Most of these are 3rd party add-ons for Confluence. While we’ve provided 3rd party vendors with information on how to make their add-ons compatible with the app, it’s in the hands of the vendors themselves to prioritize and deliver these changes. We’ve left a “view desktop version” for users who still need to use these add-ons on mobile in the interim.
We always welcome feedback from our users, and will be taking all of your feature requests onboard to consider for future releases.
This applies to the web version and the app alike: Confluence is a complete UX mess. The WYSIWYG editor is the deranged little brother of the excellent Google Docs, many buttons in Confluence are on the wrong place in the wrong flow and the apps have different features from the web version. Generally Confluence is the pinnacle of slowness and patience is needed to prevent smashing your keyboard or mobile device through the window.
I absolutely hate, hate, hate Confluence but unfortunately in its goals it’s the best we have, and it happens to be our standard tool.
Atlassian must have a very lazy or ineffective group of people, more interested in raising prices of their cloud subscriptions and not providing quality software.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your in-depth feedback! We really appreciate it. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We would be happy to discuss these issues further. It would be great if you could send us an email on email@example.com, we'll be happy to look into these issues for you. Thanks!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Atlassian Pty Ltd
- 41.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2022 Atlassian Pty Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.