CW is not only a wonderful app for taking notes, writing and editing text, it also integrates conversion to PDF and image files, supports opening/printing most common file types. It comes with five cool built-in keyboards for you to input anything in a convenient and fun way:
1. Special Characters Keyboard: contains 20 categories and more than 2000 special characters.
2. Emoji Keyboard: composed of 5 categories and 471 emoticons.
3. Article Keyboard: made up of 400 popular characters/emoji article pictures in 14 categories(animals, love…)
4. Crazy Text Keyboard: makes your text input interesting. For example, ‘upside-down’ enables you to input inverted characters.
5. Shortcut Keyboard: define your own categories and add keys, which can be any texts. Saving your time of inputting text.
6. Create your own keyboard! (You can add or remove those keyboards in Preferences).
7. Support disable/enable Keyboard and keyboard categories.
Powerful Accessory Keys:
1. These are keyboard extension, which can be found at the very top line of your keyboard.
2. They include arrow keys, word keys (to navigate between words), delete/space/select/copy/past/redo/undo/date/time keys, automatic bullets and numbering keys, etc
3. You can add, remove, edit, and reorder your accessory keys in Preferences->Accessory keys. You can also add your own shortcut keys into accessory keys.
4. Switch key enables you to efficiently switch between the keyboards. Making it faster and more convenient to write and edit text.
The Advanced Editor supports:
1. Displaying line numbers.
2. Jumping to a specific line-number within the editor.
3. Turning off the Word Wrap.
4. Current line highlighting with the color of your choice.
5. Setting line spacing, margins, tab width
Other writing features:
1. Type and view your work in full screen mode.
2. Adjust font size, Change font style.
3. Word, character & line counts
4. Auto-save. Your text will never get lost.
5. Lock writing orientation.
6. Save txt in UTF-8 or Unicode.
1. Open multilingual text-encoding. Includes Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Hebrew, Greek, Cyrillic, Ukrainian... Save them in Unicode or UTF-8.
2. Non-binary files editing (C,CPP, HTML…)
3. Rename, delete, copy, and move your files as you please.
4. Sort your files by name, size, type, or time; Display files and folders as list, icons or thumbnails, Photos/txt/rtf/PDFs can be listed using big thumbnails.
5. In-text search & replace, as well as file’s & folder’s name search.
6. Convert text files to PDF or image format, Background, font style/color will be shown in PDF and image completely. You can also custom conversion settings: PDF Title, subject, author, password, head title, margins, paper number, paper size and so on.
7. The converted PDF/images can be saved in folders,print or sent with an email or opened in other applications. The image can also be saved to the photo album.
8. Add & open files from 3rd party app.
9. Dropbox syncing: automatically synchronizes your files and folders in "Dropbox" storage.
10. Real-time iCloud sync with folder support.
11. File sharing through WiFi network, iTunes USB, e-mail attachment.
12. Support Previewing of iWork/Microsoft Office documents, RTF documents, PDF/Image files...
13. Long press the file item to open the file in other App.
14. Print files using AirPrint.
15. Protect your privacy with passcode.
16. Zip and unzip files/folders.
1. 12 beautiful themes that can be switched easily. Different skins represent your different moods and highlight free personality.
2. Create your own skin. Import picture from your photo album, use an image taken directly from your built-in camera. stretch/rotate/tile/zoom the picture, defining the color of text & buttons.
3. Create your own colorful skin: you can define the color of paper line, background, toolbar and text.
4. Switch paper space from solid to dashed line, or no lines at all.
Fiexed some bugs on the new iOS & devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Finally an app with line Numbers....love this....
I really enjoy the option to have these line numbers, it helps me to keep track of my editing. THAT IS AWESOME.
YOU CANNOT FIND THIS OPTION IN ANY APP, AT LEAST I COULD‘NT FIND ANY.
The search option for words is very helpful to.
I also enjoying the paper variety.
The only reason I do not give 5 stars is that the multitasking for the latest iOS version is not working or available yet.
Otherwise a very smart nice app.
Thank you, looking very forward for your updates.
Best Text Editor for iOS
Update: iOS 11 version made my text garbled, but I fixed by resetting the line height. Hope it helps anyone not to panic about data loss.
CoolWriter is currently the best text editor for iOS, and I've been through a lot. Great alternative to the quite limited built-in Notes app. I love all the customization options and the fact I can save to my phone or run a web server with a click and host to any computer to transfer files without iTunes or Dropbox. Special sync software isn't always available but a simple web browser usually is, making this a great way to grab your files. Custom toolbars, fonts, margins, colors, and line height make it easy to read and write. A lot of apps lack the ability to set global typographic settings like this; the closest I found was WriteRoom but that seems to have been abandoned. There are a few bugs with CoolWriter regarding autocorrect when deleting, but I contacted the developer who was friendly and quick to reply. He noted he was aware of the issues and was working on them. I use this app daily and while other reviewers are right that it lacks UX polish in places, it's hard to be beat for on the go note taking on iPhone.
Best way I've found to sync w/Scrivener
I use this with Scrivener on my Mac and it's the best so far - and the fourth way I have tried to accomplish an easy workflow. I don't mind that it doesn't sync the synopses. I don't even care about a fancy special background. All I wanted was italics and Palatino 14 and my chapter order to stay logical, without too much hassle when I wanted to sync. It cost me $0.99 to do unlimited RTF editing via Dropbox, but what it has saved me in terms of italicizing headaches, font fixing, title fixing (lookin' at you SimpleNote), re-stacking (IndexCard users feeling me here), or a 16-part syncing process to get around any of the previous issues was worth that $1. Whatever I do on my iPad now automatically syncs, and when I do something on my Mac, just 2 clicks and I'm ready to work on any of my files remotely via Sync w/ External Folder to Dropbox. Could be better, but you could say the same of peanut butter.
- 纲 王
- 17.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (8th generation), iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Cool Rabbit Studio
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited RTF Editing $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.