Extend your clipboard with CopyLess 2 – a clipboard manager for the Mac.
Everything you copy or cut inside other applications is captured instantly and saved by CopyLess 2 for later use. Its history is large – CopyLess can store up to 1000 recent clippings. Saved clippings can be previewed and easily reused – which is ideal for text and image editing, programming, customer support, frequently used command-line tool snippets, and so on.
– Never lose anything you copy
– Extend your clipboard by up to 1000 recent items (100 in a free version) and an unlimited amount of favorites (5 in a free version)
– All elements persist on disk and are available even after reboot
– Give clippings custom labels for better search indexing
– Quickly identify the clipping’s source using the application icon
– Drag and drop clippings
– Mark frequently used clippings as favorites to keep them around
– Favorites are never removed or recycled automatically
– Favorites can be synced over iCloud
– Sync favorite clippings to your iCloud account
– Synced clippings appear on all devices within seconds
– Find any clipping copied recently by simple typing your text in the search field
– Filter clippings by application name, content or custom title
– Verbose application? No problem – easily ignore data from any application by adding it to the list of ignored apps
– Don’t want CopyLess to capture sensitive data? The ‘Ignore concealed data’ feature is perfect for you
– Use predefined or custom shortcuts for the most frequently used features of CopyLess 2
– Toggle main window
– Plain text on/off
– Copy to clipboard
– Direct paste for 10 recent and 10 top favorite elements
– 9 predefined styles for quick mood changes
– Fully customizable: background color, text color, font size, row height, window priority, transparency
– Remove formatting from text clippings automatically
– Essential when copying clippings from one formatted text document to another
– Work even more efficiently by copying multiple clippings and then pasting them one by one in the same order
– Accessible for everyone
– Voice-over support
– Clippings content is speakable when possible
– Shortcuts for comfortable work
Questions, suggestions, problems? We love to hear from you at email@example.com!
Some features are not available in a free version:
– Maximum clipboard history capacity and unlimited number of favorites
These features can be unlocked by making a one-time payment for $6.99.
Price may vary by location.
- Add possibility to turn on/off the Handoff filter (Settings > Filter > Ignore Handoff)
- Improved plain text option compatibility for Microsoft Word
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
Changes in 2.16.0:
- Rename clippings by choosing the corresponded menu item from the application or contextual menu
- Pasteboard items added by Handoff are now ignored
- Serial paste queue size has been significantly increased and can now include up to 99 items (previously: 30)
Ratings and Reviews
CopyLess 2 is an essential app
I’ve relied on a clipboard manager for years. When I got my new Mac & made a big jump in the OS, I tried out several new ones. CopyLess 2 is loaded with features. It allows me to convert text to plain text, to sync w/ iCloud, to customize the font, background color, etc. Quick Look works w/ it to allow me to see the entirety of what I have copied, not just a snippet. In one small window it tells me the app from which I copied the item, how long ago I copied it, the type of content, and the number of characters! I can also pause recording whenever I wish. I can toggle if I want to see all my copied items or just the ones I’ve marked as favorites. To paste, I just double click on the clip I want to be active and then I can paste it wherever I want. I can’t imagine being w/o a clipboard manager, and I’m very happy with this app!
Perfect for my needs
I have been using CopyLess 2 for the past 3 and a half years, and have found it indispensable. It allows me not only the ability to queue up multiple things to copy and later paste, but also to be able to preview the items that are available to my clipboard. It is especially handy to see items that have been copied on my iPhone or iPad and automagically transferred to my Mac. It is not absolutely a perfect utility, but I have found it to meet nearly all my needs. I have used similar products, but none of them work for me as well as CopyLess 2. I have also had to deal with Maksim Bauer and found Maksim to be a good supporter of problems I had with version 1 of the product. I wholeheartedly give this product all the stars.
Every good free app always sooner or later is not free. So, you get used to it because it's free, and then you're more willing to pay. Great business strategy, really, but kind of dissapointing from the consumer standpoint. I don't see that this does anytnhing wonderful that the old version didn't do. But, if they just fix the problem where your favorites disappear I guess that might be worth the $6.99. But did they fix that? Hmmm. Overall, it's a pretty good clipboard manager program. I haven't found anything better, especially since Collective quit working with the new mac updates. You would think someone would make a great clipboard manager program since I use it constantly and I would think would be one of the most important apps one can download. But alas, no such luck. 5 stars for an important needed app that is pretty well done and minus 2 stars for the bait and switch of a free program and when you get used to it they charge you.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Maksim Bauer
- 15.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Maksim Bauer
- In-App Purchases
- Pay Once $6.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.