The most soothing possible way to count some sheep and help you sleep.
So you've memorized how many tiles and cracks you have in your ceiling and you're laying there in bed trying to fall asleep. Nothing is working though? Enter Count Sheep - a simple, sleek little sheep counting app that helps anyone young or old, from toddler to senior or in between to fall asleep by using their phone to count some sheep! One by one, the sheep gracefully float over the wooden fence. It sure beats staring at the ceiling.
Count Sheep was designed from the ground up to be easy on the eyes in a dark room and help you catch some z's.
• Night time-friendly graphics with smooth sheep animation
• Soothing custom-made, seamlessly looped lullaby music
• Adjustable sheep speed and lullaby volume
• Your phone's silent/mute switch mutes the lullaby music
• Won't interrupt music you're already playing
• Sleep timer that smoothly fades to black
• Option to disable your device's screen auto-lock
• Seamless landscape & portrait experience
• Optional on-screen counter
• Resumes after interruption
• Automatically saves your settings
• Lightweight app size: under 3mb
Count Sheep is super easy to use: start playing your own music through the Music app, select a song in Count Sheep (or turn off music all together). *Important: ensure that your device's mute switch is not on!* If your device is muted, no music will play even if you have a song selected. Then, set your sleep timer (15 minutes by default) and tap "Start" to get counting. When the sleep timer is up and you're sound asleep, Count Sheep will fades to a black screen, restoring your auto-lock settings and saving precious battery life.
I welcome any and all feedback. If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or complaints, please free to drop me a line.
Thank you and goodnight!
Note: Count Sheep is intended to be used for entertainment purposes only. If you think you may be suffering from a sleep-related illness, you should consult a medical professional.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Keep on countin' those sheep!
- Watch for the ever-so-rare Unicorn Sheep! (Actually, don't. Fall asleep instead!)
- New! Random music mode
- Updated graphics for multiple screen sizes
- iOS 11 compatible
Ratings and Reviews
7 years later
The app still works! I love sheep and I would actually switch off nights counting sheep aloud with my husband to help us fall asleep. We noticed that the one counting wouldn’t fall asleep as fast as the one listening. We both fell asleep together with this app!
Sweet Dreams are made of these
I was very skeptical when I decided to download this app. There were other sleep apps out that claimed to do the same. What a waste of time those turned out to be. Well this app turned out to be well worth my time & money. I really like how customizable it is as well as the soothing music. For all the skeptical people out there(like me) this one does what it says. Thanks & sweet dreams
Great Sleep Aid
Unfortunately, I'm allergic to sheep. Bringing a couple hundred of them into my bedroom to jump a fence has always been out of the question. However, this app has forever solved that problem with a near-limitless supply of virtual sheep. The music selection is relaxing and everything functions as advertised. Terriffic app!
The developer, Taber Buhl, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Taber Buhl
- 3.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Taber Buhl
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.