Your single source of reliable and current drug coverage and restriction information. “Need to know if that drug is covered? Are you a prescribing doc and want to select a preferred drug for your patient?” MMIT’s drug status information is updated nightly, ensuring you have the data points needed to guide prescribing decisions for your patients. Quickly understand how every health plan and PBM covers all FDA approved medications in your geography.
App of the Week by Drug Store News | Top 50 Healthcare apps for Clinicians and Consumers to Know by Becker's Healthcare
“Clearly the best choice in taking out the guess work of selecting medications and offering alternative choices for your patients. It has clearly reduced staff time getting authorizations… one of the few solutions out of this morass and does a better job than our EHR system or anything else I’ve seen.”
“This is a must have for primary care providers.”
• Over 6,500 health plans representing over 98% of U.S. insured lives
• Search commercial, Medicare Part D, State & Managed Medicaid and health exchange plans
• Includes comprehensive set of Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBM) and health plans
• Drill down to the plan level to view detailed coverage information
• Review in-depth restriction criteria for an initial group of Payers and PBMs that are working with MMIT
• View differences in coverage across various forms and strengths of drugs
• Save frequently accessed plans to your “Favorites” list
• View drug access across location and channel by percent of covered lives
• Search coverage information by various forms of a drug
• Quickly lookup alternative drug’s coverage information
• Save frequently accessed products to your “Favorites” list
• Enable Location Services to populate your plan list automatically
• Quickly search by health plan or PBM name
• Sort results by health plan name, covered lives, or coverage status
Ratings and Reviews
I use this in the doctor’s office when they are proposing to prescribe a new medication to see if it’s on the formulary. If not I ask about an alternative. If none is available then I inform them a formulary exception will be required. I can also let them know that a prior authorization might be needed as well.
Pleased Clinic-based PharmD
I use this app regularly in our Neurology Clinic to search formulary availability for specialty meds for our interdisciplinary team. It is quick, easy to use, and so far hasn’t steered me wrong. I recommend this app to both inpatient practitioners planning discharge meds and outpatient practitioners— especially our medical residents. Thank you for making this app! It is improving patient care!!
I was frustrated with app because it constantly forced closed every time I input a med. I was contacted by the developer with a suggestion to delete the app and reinstall. I did this and the bugs are fixed! I am changing it back 5 stars! I love that it has generic alternatives if you click the med link! Very helpful!
Developer Response ,
Hello - Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the app. If you would like to reach out to us via e-mail: email@example.com or phone: (267) 751-3130 we'd be happy to work with you to try and resolve this issue. In the meantime, if you delete Formulary Search and reinstall if via the iTunes App store, this should fix any issues.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Managed Markets Insight & Technology, LLC
- 18.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 1998-2018 Managed Markets Insight & Technology, LLC. All rights reserved.