Critical Pass is the ultimate bar exam study aid. The Critical Pass App helps you synthesize and memorize key concepts needed to ace the MBE and MEE portions of the bar exam. The App also contains Law School Flashcards for 1Ls.
Critical Pass is designed to help you absorb information quickly and effectively. Simplify studying. Try the Critical Pass app for free.
• Works on iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini.
• This free version allows access to 10 cards in each subject. You may access all content (over 300 cards) by purchasing the full version from within the app.
• One purchase will allow for access to multiple devices.
• Each card provides a substantive overview of the law you’ll need to know for the MBE, MEE, or your law school final.
• Review cards by subject, categories within subjects, or choose your own set of cards to review.
• Highlight text on each card.
• All content is fully searchable by keyword.
• Add your own notes, mnemonics, and examples to any card to help you synthesize key concepts.
• Quiz yourself among all subjects, individual subjects, subcategories, or choose your own set of cards to review.
• Save cards for further review.
• Access to the full content is available for purchase from within the app
Introducing a new Quiz mode: Questions!
Use curated questions to study more efficiently
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
useful for solidifying knowledge
I only recently got the app and am currently studying for the bar but so far I have found the cards are great and app is easy to use. Some reviewers mentioned that there is too much information on the back of the card but I have not found that to be the case— I personally prefer having more information than less and it’s just enough material for each term to help me nail down the concepts. I’m using barbri as a prep course and don’t like the cards that come with their course but dont have time to make my own. These cards track the information and material in my course outlines closely and supplement very well.
Content is solid, app is not
I am reviewing the app, as the content of the material is very good in comparison to other tools. The app lacks a few things that make them usable consistently. First, there is no way to bookmark where you are. With hundreds of cards, this is critical for ongoing studies. Second, the highlight function is near unusable. The select and drag is not normal. Something is wrong as it takes tens of seconds to try and get the right area highlighted. Critical for quick studying needs. Again, this is critical to quick study and practice. Third, it cannot remember anything from device to device. Although it knows I am logged into my phone and forces me to re-login on my iPad, it cannot show me highlights from the phone or ‘starred’ areas? Finally, unless I missed it, I cannot go to an area with all highlights. You can access starred areas and notes from the menu, but NOT highlights. This means that you need to star every card you put a highlight for this to be reasonable.... Come on. I need this to be quick, intuitive and reusable for the depth of studying being done. As a key selling point, this app should be easier to use and have better design.
Charged My Card But Gives No Access
I’ve purchased the cards and purchased the app access (which I am not regretting). However, despite numerous exchanges with a customer representative (who has now ceased to respond to my messages) I cannot access the full set of cards on app. They insinuate that I must not be logging in or I’m doing something wrong. Fact is, I paid for a good and service and received neither. I’m trying to study and use this app because it’s convenient and necessary for the times I cannot bring my box of cards with me to work. This is unacceptable and I hope this will be fixed. The layout of the app itself and the content is worthy of 4 stars but the customer service and actual accessibility of the app is 0. If this is actually remedied I will update the review. Otherwise, go elsewhere for your studying needs.
- Critical Pass, LLC
- 24.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Critical Pass
- In-App Purchases
- Critical Pass - MBE Flashcards $99.99
- MEE Essay Flashcards $69.99
- Law School Flashcards - Bundle $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.