Turn pictures of your favorite moments into beautiful cross stitch tapestries of almost any size! Cross Stitch Creator is an embroidery app that allows you to generate cross stitch patterns from pictures and track your progress on them. You can also save patterns to your photo library, print patterns directly from within the app, or share patterns with your friends as PDFs!
• Generate cross stitch patterns from pictures up to 800 x 800 stitches
• Use hundreds of different colors in a single pattern
• 454 different DMC thread colors to choose from
• Create your own color palettes to use for generating
• Several generation parameters such as maximum number of colors allowed.
• Track your progress on patterns (details below)
• Edit your patterns after generating to perfect them (details below)
• Save pictures of patterns to Photos
• Print patterns from directly within the app
• Share patterns as PDFs via Email, iMessage, and more
• Help popups to guide you through using the app
• Colorize individual stitches to mark progress
• Quick and easy symbol/color lookup
• Lockable stitches
• Sortable key
• Pattern metadata such as size, date created, number of colors, percent complete...
• Basic pattern editor
• Tools include draw, erase, fill, and undo/redo
• Add any color to your pattern regardless of palette chosen
Although we try our best, thread colors may not appear to be completely accurate. Perception of thread color depends on multiple factors including, but not limited to, display settings such as brightness and night shift, ambient light conditions, and neighboring colors in the pattern. Please use your best judgement in determining which colors to actually use when stitching the pattern.
Fixed an issue where the 10x10 stitch lock text was white in dark mode
Improved 10x10 locking responsiveness
Slightly sped up pattern generation
Ratings and Reviews
Great! Hopeful for new updates:)
This app is so great! I prefer to work on my ipad when making patterns because it’s easier to transfer my designs and also my apple pencil to edit the patterns. This app is perfect for that and a pretty reasonable price. From what I’ve seen of reviews and updates, the developers are really good about listening to what users are looking to change. The only thing that I’m hoping to see in the future is a bit more freedom in selecting the symbols for different thread colors but that’s more of a comment than a criticism:)
Best App ever!!
I have been cross stitching for a long time and when I found this app it has come in perfect to make all my patterns. Adam the creator has been so amazing if I have any trouble shooting issues and super quick to respond. You can’t go wrong getting this app to make and stitch your patterns. It makes it so easy to follow with being able to mark out what you have stitched and it even tells you the % you have completed. Just an all out great purchase that I’m so happy I made!
So far so good.
I love the idea of using my own images. I Like being able to creat custom color lists as my local store carries all but a few of the DMC colors letting my create a pattern accordingly. I like being able to mark off a lock things in place. I would like to see an option that lets you select not to have any color be less then 10 stitches or 20 stitches. This would help in avoiding to have to possibly buy colors when there’s only one stitch of that color in the whole pattern or two stitches or five, it’s kind of a waste. I’d also find it useful to add if you want the pattern for a certain stitch count canvas, like 14 stitch or 22 stitch count.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your suggestions! We have just released an update with the "minimum stitches per color" feature. You can set the minimum number of stitches on the pattern generation screen.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Adam Evans
- 3.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Adam Evans
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.