Turn pictures of your favorite moments into beautiful cross stitch tapestries of almost any size! Cross Stitch Creator is an embroidery app that allows you to generate cross stitch patterns from pictures and track your progress on them. You can also save patterns to your photo library, print patterns directly from within the app, or share patterns with your friends as PDFs!
• Generate cross stitch patterns from pictures up to 800 x 800 stitches
• Use hundreds of different colors in a single pattern
• 454 different DMC thread colors to choose from
• Create your own color palettes to use for generating
• Several generation parameters such as maximum number of colors allowed.
• Track your progress on patterns (details below)
• Edit your patterns after generating to perfect them (details below)
• Save pictures of patterns to Photos
• Print patterns from directly within the app
• Share patterns as PDFs via Email, iMessage, and more
• Help popups to guide you through using the app
• Colorize individual stitches to mark progress
• Quick and easy symbol/color lookup
• Lockable stitches
• Sortable key
• Pattern metadata such as size, date created, number of colors...
• Basic pattern editor for cleaning up generated patterns
• Tools include draw, erase, fill, and undo/redo
• Add any color to your pattern regardless of palette chosen
Although we try our best, thread colors may not appear to be completely accurate. Perception of thread color depends on multiple factors including, but not limited to, display settings such as brightness and night shift, ambient light conditions, and neighboring colors in the pattern. Please use your best judgement in determining which colors to actually use when stitching the pattern.
- The undo and redo buttons in the editor now become disabled/grayed out if there's nothing to undo/redo
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash
- Fixed a bug where the editor could become unresponsive
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best customer support of any app I’ve had!!! 🤩
I just purchased this app for myself as a belated birthday gift, so I still need to play with it and figure it out. But the customer support rocks!! They answered me right away and worked with me to help find a solution to my situation.
I currently do not have internet and have been using the Hot Spot on both my phone and my husbands phone to connect to WiFi. This fantastic customer support did their homework and got back to me THAT SAME DAY with a free app that allows me to connect to my HP printer. To me, that information ALONE, was worth the cost of this app! I finally have access to my printer again!
I highly recommend the customer support for this app! The app seems pretty straightforward, but I know that if I should have any problems, customer support will be there to help me out! If you are checking this app out, go ahead and get it!
Have fun stitching!!! 🌸🌺
Loving this app!
I have tried several different websites that claim to create cross stitch patterns from your own pictures but none of them come close to offering the features that this app does! It is so easy to learn and allows you to adjust the size and colors of your project, and print your new pattern along with the floss color list. Developers were also friendly and quick to respond to my question.
So far so good.
I love the idea of using my own images. I Like being able to creat custom color lists as my local store carries all but a few of the DMC colors letting my create a pattern accordingly. I like being able to mark off a lock things in place. I would like to see an option that lets you select not to have any color be less then 10 stitches or 20 stitches. This would help in avoiding to have to possibly buy colors when there’s only one stitch of that color in the whole pattern or two stitches or five, it’s kind of a waste. I’d also find it useful to add if you want the pattern for a certain stitch count canvas, like 14 stitch or 22 stitch count.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your suggestions! We have just released an update with the "minimum stitches per color" feature. You can set the minimum number of stitches on the pattern generation screen.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.