Decrypt the secret text!
This is Cryptogram, a free puzzle game where the goal is to decrypt famous quotes!
This game will motivate you, inspire you, encourage you, and help you have a great time!
Power of a Quote
Quotes have the power to motivate, inspire and encourage. When you feel low or lacking motivation, at such time, read a few quotes, and you will see how your mood and state of mind begin to improve.
Quotes are generally easily forgotten. Spending time to solve a puzzle will help you remember the quote. You can see the quotes you have solved and add quotes to your favorites.
- Motivate, inspire and encourage.
- Create optimism and hope.
- Energize and prompt you to take action.
- Give you insight and wisdom.
- Bring light and happiness into your day.
- Give you good advice, which you can then implement in your life.
- Open the mind to see life from a wider perspective.
It all depends on the category you have picked!
Select from various categories
Various themes! Select a theme between "Love," "Hope," "Wisdom," "Motivational" and many more!
Numerous authors! Select a specific author between "Oscar Wilde," "William Shakespeare," "Confucius" and many more.
Or solve the quotes from the popular category!
Learning a few easy patterns and tricks, though, can help you crack the code and make them a whole lot more fun. Eager to work one out to the end? Get started by learning the basics, then learning patterns and thinking outside the box to get those blanks filled in.
Some of the great features
• Four difficulty levels
• Select categories between different themes and authors or go with the popular ones.
• Share the quotes that you have solved!
• Hundreds of thousands of quotes and more are coming!
• Select the color that matches you between +7 different color schemes!
• Keep track of the puzzles you've solved and set them as favorites
• Hints for when you're stuck
• Clean design
• Custom fonts
History of cryptograms
The ciphers used in cryptograms were not originally created for entertainment purposes but for real encryption of military or personal secrets.
The first use of the cryptogram for entertainment purposes occurred during the Middle Ages by monks who had spare time for intellectual games. A manuscript found at Bamberg states that Irish visitors to the court of Merfyn Frych, king of Gwynedd in Wales, were given a cryptogram which could only be solved by transposing the letters from Latin into Greek. In the 19th century, Edgar Allan Poe helped to popularize cryptograms with many newspaper and magazine articles.
Well-known examples of cryptograms in contemporary culture are the syndicated newspaper puzzles Cryptoquip and Cryptoquote.
- The range of the score charts has been increased.
- The best player of the week badge is now being displayed on league profiles.
- iPad support.
- Design improvements.
- Fixed a bug that caused league avatars to look "weird" on some devices.
- Fixed an issue that caused the settings not to save in some rare occurrences.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is very well done. Challenging, yet you can choose your difficulty level. I was expecting ads to pop up after every game but there are very few ads which I am grateful for. There is nothing more annoying than endless ad after ad. Kudos to the developers for recognizing what a turn off it is. The developers that insist on bombarding you with ads are shooting themselves in the foot because I know many people delete the app like I do after playing for 10 minutes and 8 of those minutes are ads. You won’t be disappointed if you download this app, it’s my new favorite game. Well done! ....
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks for the fantastic review! I am glad to hear you enjoy the game. The hint system might be confusing at first. When you get a hint, the revealed letter will be placed in the game automatically. Hints should not reveal a letter that the quote does not contain. We hope that this explanation helps. Still, if you bump into an error with the hint system, please let us know! Enjoy the game!
Love for Free Crypto Games
To the point. Numerous difficulties, multiple categories, and for the competitive a league/ leaderboard. I would like two minor things; 1 being the ability to change my name for the league and 2 the ability to submit quotes into certain categories. I just have a lot of games and anime quotes to share ;)
If you love cryptos…
I used to do the CryptoQuote (by L. Campos) in my daily local paper. I had to end my subscription because I found $0.35 was too much for a puzzle. Now I get to do the whenever I like for FREE!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Berkay Saglam
- 68.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Berkay Saglam
- In-App Purchases
- 5 Hints $0.99
- 80 Hints $8.99
- 15 Hints $1.99
- 30 Hints $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.