Practice to write the alphabet in print, cursive, and in both upper case and lower case. This is a pocket reference mainly for cursive writing.
1) Uppercase and lowercase letters in both print and cursive are shown in a flashcard format to illustrate the similarities between print and cursive. The visualization helps those who already know ABCs in print, to quickly grasp how cursive is similar in many ways.
2) Video is included in the app to show the strokes, formation, and the subtleties of writing each letter.
3) Words starting with each letter of the alphabet is included to illustrate how each letter is connected to each other. This is especially important for cursive.
4) Practice, practice, practice. Different colors are included to hopefully make the practice of cursive more fun or palatable.
5) Doodle. Have fun. Whether you're learning cursive for the first time or just jogging your memory, have fun with cursive. Each person has his or her unique penmanship, use this app to help you find your own style of penmanship.
No internet connection required.
No in-app purchase and no ads.
Thank you for your feedback. We've incorporated much of that into our latest update.
-bug fixes and performance improvements, OS updates.
Ratings and Reviews
I like it!
Very straightforward and not crammed full of useless feaures - If you've been keyboarding for years and have forgotten some of the strokes of cursive writing, this app is particularly useful. The audio playback is a nice feature for those who have adopted Engilsh as a second language.
What I needed! Excellent!
The enlarge photo options shown gives us a good idea of what this app does. It is straight forward and honest. View it to understand. Straight forward.
It allows is to follow standard lettering and it allows to focus only on what we want to practice. We can practice cursive on any letter that we select. Same for print. We can trace the letters to renew over the example itself or in the blank space below the sample letters. My writing, after 50 years of writing needs refinement. This allows me to practice better penmanship.
I do think that the price is steep for it’s simplicity. 99 ents would be decent.
You have different font colors to chose from to satisfy the artistic side of the brain. Different widths.
The play button that someone complained about, perhaps was broken years ago, but now, 10/13/18, it pronounces the letter in standard American English. I also saw the option of a one page reference of all the letters of the alphabet in script. You can also use that to practice over that page or to select a blank page for practice or a blank page with font height guide lines.
Writing shows is how our personality changes over time. This will help me feel more proud and happy to know that my writing is better than before and hopefully something to be proud of, because it is my new enhanced skill.
It is great that it is self contained.
Hope this helps everyone who is curious about this app since the explanation could be a little more extensive.
I have a metal rubber tipped pen for signing signature in receipts or for selecting or scribbling on phones or iPads that is about 3 inches long and it fits nicely in my wallet. It is a good for this app. The erasure button on the app cleans the page out immediately and you can repeat the lettering for that page for easy and quick practice.
This is what I saw, I bought it, it did what I wanted it to do and a few more features that are nice and I didn’t expect.
Improvements to consider:
1 to enhance the explanation to us, include the now popular video showing what is possible
2 reduce the price to ninety nine cents, it is about one thousand dollars to create an app, in my estimation and what I have read
So I understand that you are to be compensated for what we benefit from
3 explain to use what this cursive and print type is and how it fits within the world of other cursive styles.
4 add fancy scripts, like our USA constitutions handwriting
I don’t submit comments often, but this clarifies what to expect and hopefully and ethically balances out the pure negative comments that I read so it helps us all.
Life is short, may I spread goodness as you do this with app.
Don't buy it!
Are you kidding me? This app is just pictures of how to write letters. There is NO user interaction at all. There are MUCH better apps for writing. What a waste of 0.99!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sigma SKY, LLC
- 95 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Sigma Sky, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.