Dark Mode makes your browser more comfortable, enjoyable and cool by changing the colour scheme to make web pages easier to read. Works especially well for people working during the night or in low light environments or when you want to match your browser with the new Mojave dark mode look.
HOW TO USE IT
• Once you activate the extension all websites will display a darker theme. You can start the extension manually, you can schedule it or turn it on automatically (when macOS Mojave dark mode is active)
• Just press the tool bar button and you can change the theme to a softer or a mono theme
• You can deactivate the theme for any site or apply dark mode for some sites only
• A simple and powerful Safari extension
• Choose between 4 themes: Dark, Soft Dark, Dark Curtain and Mono
• Multiple ways to activate the extension: manually, schedule it for your preferred night hours or when macOS Mojave dark mode is on
• You can ignore any site or you can apply Dark Mode for some websites only
• Use hotkeys to toggle Dark Mode:
- Command + Option + K: Temporary toggle (until page refresh)
- Command + Option + P: Permanently toggle
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complaint and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Just a few quick fixes:
- The Dark theme will not blink when Auto mode is on
- When Dark Mode is off the webpage will not be changed in any way
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good but simple.
I like how the interface is simple, but I'd like to see some more features like sepia and contrast adjustments added. I've been switching from Google Chrome to Safari and I previously used Dark Reader, which is free.
Thank you for continuing to update this extension.
Not that great, Thumbs Down, but I'm going to keep using it for now
Yeah, not sure if this deserves to be a paid app. Several photos get inverted. Randomly text would not get inverted so I don't realize that there's supposed to be text there until I open in another browser or turn off dark mode.
Individual sites should at least have the option of going dark mode or curtain mode to remedy this problem.
I doubt there's too much work to prevent important content from being inverted. I'm not even on obscure websites. Pretty mainstream websites where I'm having issues.
Developer Response ,
I'm taking notes of all user feedback and I will implement them in the near future, so thank you for this review. The extension works very well for most of the websites out there in the wild. But if you have some websites that are not perfect, Dark Mode can offer some options: you can either add the site to the ignore list, or you can choose what sites Dark Mode to run on (only the sites that are rendered perfectly). If you have any questions, please write me to firstname.lastname@example.org and for sure I can assist you in any matter.
Good and Simple
I never write reviews, but this one is worth it. I needed a dark mode for Google Docs but didn't want a trash spyware extension. This seems to do the trick. Little Snitch reports no connections made from this app, so it appears to do what it says without fluff. **Suggestion: let me export and import a list of my sites so if something goes wrong I can easily restore.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.