This app was developed for researchers so that they may capture accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer data directly from their iOS device to use for research or play around with. The data is time stamped and the data from Apple's enhanced device motion is included for reference.
- This version fixes a bug related to accessing GPS information
- The output format is now a CSV where each sensor axis is a column
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
As a recording mechanism, this app has some incredible potential. It could really benefit, however, by offering the user a way to adjust the sampling rate (i.e., takes a reading every 15 milliseconds or 2 seconds or 9 minutes). Otherwise, the saved file just ends up being huge. That would easily make this a 4 or 5-star app!
Says it collect data, but delivers something a little different
1) App Does not seem to show up in Settings.
2) App is not collecting GPS data.
3) App output CVS data has unnecessary data:
Want as follows:
Timestamp, Accel_X, Accel_Y, Accel_Z, Gyro_X, Gyro_Y, Gyro_Z, Mag_X, Mag_Y, Mag_Z, Lat, Long
Gyro should be rads/sec.
No Lat/Long in output file
Useless DataCollection without positional lat long!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.