Data Extractor allows to extract data contained inside text documents and collect them in an internal organized table with fields and records.
It can parse all the text files you specify and analyze them understanding from text tags what to extract and where to put it.
Data Extractor transform chaotic data to organized one
Al that just in a click.
WHY USE IT
• When you have many text files with data inside and you want to move them in a structured databases with fields and records
• If you need to extract data recognizable inside various text documents by a start and an end tags of various kind or for position
• Data Extractor can extract the data you would requires weeks or months or even years to collect by hand
• It does it for you in few seconds, it can scan thousands of text, analyze, copy the required data, put them in a table you created with the needed fields
• Uses various options to let you pull out data from thousands and thousand of files and save it in an organized way
• Provides all the tools to accomplish these very specific tasks in a smart way inside a beautiful and elegant, Mac only, native application.
• Data can be exported in various format ready to use
EASY TO USE
• You specify in 'Sources' which text file to parse or the folders to navigate and parse
• You specify in 'Accept file rules' how to accept a file content to be parsed
• You specify in 'Create Record Rules' when insert a new record in data destination
• You specify in 'Extract Rules' what extract and where to put it
• You specify in 'DataBase' the table to collect data
• You can in 'Run' launch and see result summary
• Document based, can use a different set of data sources per document
• Documents can also be customized for fast batch processing of large amount of data with also specific different rules of extractions and destinations
• Can transform customer orders or any data set received via email in a database records (Data Extractor can parse directly emails pointing at your mailbox on your Hard Disk)
• Collect order received as server output when not directly inserted inside a database
• Extract data from files one by one, also dragging them via Drag & Drop
• Works perfectly with emails received by Mail.app
• Can process folders extracting from all the files inside nested to any level
• Convert data provided in one format to another when the first format uses a recognizable patter with labels to identify data fields
• Adjustable data columns positions
• Extract data from files where data are written all in one file with record separated just by a distinctive string
• Extract data from files where records are separated by newline with fields all in one line identified just by labels
• Extract data from text document with non unique, ambiguous tags , using special tags usable to instruct Data Extractor where to really start collect data
• Parse files only if they respond to certain characteristics
• Extract data only if they respond to certain characteristics
• Extract data also when it is specified by more then one label (it can put different extraction in the same destination field)
• Can use 'Case Sensitive' option for data tags
• Can work in background
• Always responsive also during extraction from folder with nested thousands of files at any nested level
• At any moment the user can stop the process
• Internal database table, fully customizable, to collect extracted data.
• Data export to various format (CSV, TSV, HTML, Custom) with various options
• Includes PDF User Guide with 4 practical lessons on how to use the application
SUPPORTED OS FEATURES
• Tabs for managing many documents in a single window
• Merge all documents in a window
• Full screen
• Automatic resume
• Tags in finder
– Improved export to file functions
– Improved copy selected row to clipboard functions
- Bug fix
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a very useful app that saves me a lot of time.
I use it to generate databases from the unordered output of my tags from another app. Tags are great but sometimes I need an oldfashioned spreadsheet. This app lets you generate comma or tab delimited text files from the data in txt documents using prefixes and suffixes that you can then import to programs such as Excel. Be sure to check the help files on the website, and use the trial version on the developer's website to check if the app works for your kind of input data.
Some small start-up problems were quickly addressed by the developer, who is very responsive to concerns.
I really like it but...
This is a very useful aplication indeed, the only thing that I would like to see in a future realease is the capacity to read very large text files; I tried using it with a larger file and it colapsed even though I have 18 GB of RAM and no other aplication running.
I think that the way the unix command “more” works is the way to solve this problem because it reads sequentially the file and does not load all in the memory.
I think that if you fix this you deserve all 5 stars, but for now I will give you 4 stars hoping you make this product better than it is now.
Great utility - Easy to use
This app is really effective and easy to use! Saved me hours of work by automating the data extraction process of html pages in the area of chemoinformatics.
It would be nice to see some post-processing feature on the extracted data. Particularly when extracting html data, one might encounter simple tags like subscript (<sub>) or superscript (<sup>) and want these removed. This can be done in any text editor using find/replace so it should be relatively easy to implement.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.