Dawnbeat inherits the best part of the classic hardware samplers and takes it further by adding features only possible on a multi-touch device.
Create more natural patterns by tapping and swiping pads.
Focus on creativity, you don't need to select a tempo before hit record to finally play a pattern until you get the right take, just play and forget about to record! Dawnbeat is always recording!
Multi-touch and draggable pads:
- Pads are multi-touch, play a single pad with two fingers at the same time!
- Pads are individually configurable, allowing re-triggering when dragging for amazing fills, tone variations .
- Mute and Solo buttons for pads available.
- Mute groups.
- DawnBeat is always recording pad events, you'll never miss a beat, play and experiment and when you hear something you like, it's already recorded! simply go to Memorizer and select the desired events.
- 4 assignable BUSSES and one MAIN BUS. Assign pads to busses, assign internal effects or AUV3 effects to busses.
- Mute and Solo buttons.
- Pads can be turned polyphonic, import a piano-like sample and play and sequence chords with a single pad.
MIDI IN and MIDI OUT:
- Trigger samples from a MIDI controller, play melodies from a MIDI piano.
- Sequence hardware drum machines and synths from Dawnbeat.
- Use Dawnbeat as an intermediary between a midi keyboard and a synth, save the sequences you are playing. Dawnbeat can save poliphonic sequences!
Pattern sequencer with piano editor.
- Swing, count-in, metronome.
- Dawnbeat support AUv3 effects and instruments!
Built in Effects:
- Reverb, Delay, Compressor, Flutter, Gate, Tremolo, Noise, Filter, Chorus, Equalizer, Stutter and Tape slow motion.
- Effects can be rearranged.
Built-In sample browser:
- 6 drum kit sample libraries, and 1 bass sample library.
Selectable internal sample rate:
- Internal sample rate can be changed, choose between HI-FI and LO-FI sample rates.
- AutoSlicer detects hit points and slices audio into individual files minimizing the need for manual editing. Chop up any audio file in a few seconds.
Recording sample rate can be selected.
Export movies with images and animated GIFs .
- Auto-Slicer can slice by bar lenght
- Bugs fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Love it. You got something here. This is a lot of fun. It has almost everything you could ask for in a sampler/groove box app. Looking forward to seeing the improvements. My 3 wishes is for the record button to be visible while playing piano. Especially in landscape mode, “make auv3” would be nice if it was directly on the pads page, and for each sequence to have its own dedicated mutes. Haven’t tried it on the iPad yet but def excited and hopefully improvements are made to get functions into the fewest pages possible. At least for iPhone
2ND Update - consistent improvements.
Apple won’t let me update my original review but I had to write a new review to talk about how great Dawnbeat is. It started off with promise and consistent updates make this app a sampler you can’t ignore. Bit by bit it’s been enticing me to step away from the Marsupial king and do more in DB. The only thing that’s bothering me right now (and maybe I’m just missing something) is there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to copy a sequence from one page to the next. The only way I can see to do it is go in to a sequence, select all, edit copy, go to a new sequence, edit past. It would be helpful if there was a sequence manager like the pad manager. Otherwise this app is so much fun and I get interesting grooves going instantly with it.
To developer: I know we can copy a sequence by dragging it. This seems to only work when copying a sequence to the same page. If I want to copy one for 16 to 32 and try to drag the sequence, it just freezes on the screen and often crashes the program.
Developer Response ,
To copy a sequence, drag the sequence and drop over an empty one.
You Gotta Try It!
If you are familiar with other apps of this like, then this is going to knock your socks OFF! The only words I can describe this app is, WOW! This app can run circles around others in similarity. It’s like a 20 in 1 Swiss Army knife! I can’t even imagine it being anymore useful than it is. I seriously hope this app gets the recognition it deserves and that it continues to develop. My favorite feature of the app would have to be ALL OF IT, but I absolutely love the memorizing feature of always capturing what you do, especially super useful if you hate playing to a metronome to getting the perfect feel of an idea. And the AUV3 implementation is awesome! Now just give us better than 1/16 and whatever 2/16 quantizing is and we’re done! Definitely on the right track! I’m hooked!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Luis Rivas
- 65.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Luis Rivas 2022
- In-App Purchases
- Dawn Beat Complete $7.99