Notes, photos, voice recording
Apple’s App of the Year with over 15 million downloads and 50,000 5-star reviews globally. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
New York Times: “It feels almost sacred: A completely private digital space.”
Wired: “Day One makes keeping a journal delightfully easy.”
Macworld: “This superb journaling app remains pleasant to behold, easy to use, and a tough act for any rival to follow.”
Sweet Setup: “If you’re looking for a fantastic journaling app, or a great app for logging and recording various events and milestones of your life, then by far and away the best pick is Day One.”
Keeping a journal is an act of love. It makes you aware of your surroundings, cognizant of your actions, and open to adapting to all the changes around you.
WHY DAY ONE?
Day One is the journal that redefines journaling. Discover how Day One lets you to capture life as you live it:
==SIMPLE TO USE, EASY TO LOVE==
* Beautiful, award-winning design
* Unlimited text entries for free
* Powerful rich text formatting with markdown
* Different journals for every aspect of your life (Premium)
==PRIVATE AND SECURE==
* Automatic backups to our private servers (Premium)
* Privacy protected with industry leading end-to-end encryption
* Secured with passcode or biometrics
* Export options to ensure your entries always stay yours
==MORE THAN WORDS==
* Unlimited photos and videos (Premium, limited for free)
* Auto-importer for your Instagram posts (Premium)
* Handwritten entries or drawings (Premium)
* Voice recording and transcription (Premium)
==WHEREVER YOU NEED IT==
* In your pocket or on your wrist with iPhone and Apple Watch
* Mac or iPad for long-form writing
* Text message or email straight to your journal
* Safari browser extension to save websites in a click
==BUILT FOR REMINISCING==
* On This Day highlights past memories
* Tags, favorites, and search filters
* Map view to plot your travel
* High quality printed books to flip through
==TYPE LESS, PRESERVE MORE==
* Time, date, weather, step count, added to every entry
* Customizable templates
* IFTTT applets to automatically import from Spotify, YouTube, Strava, Fitbit, Facebook, Twitter, and more.
* Siri Shortcuts to automate more of your journaling
* Share from Apple Photos, Safari, and other apps
==KEEP THE HABIT==
* Reminders through text message or system notification
* Daily journal prompts
* Streaks and calendar view to keep your momentum going
* Today summary to see where you’ve been and what you’ve done
* Instagram, podcast, blog, and Facebook community for inspiration
Download now for free, or learn more at: https://dayoneapp.com
Day One is FREE to use with unlimited entries. Additional features, including unlimited photos, videos, and audio recordings, are available with a Day One Premium membership.
For technical assistance or other inquiries: https://dayoneapp.com/contact/
• Concealed Journals: Now you can hide the content of your entries from wandering eyes. Entries will be concealed in the timelines and multi-entry views (Today and On This Day).
• Fixed a bug that was causing some unexpected behavior during synchronization.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s hard to make the best even better, but the sequel to Day One lives up to expectations—and then some. The app smartly keeps its interface streamlined but adds a wealth of new features that we’ve found immensely valuable. Your journal entries contain all sorts of information—you can geolocate them, add tons of photos to each entry, and even see your day’s fitness activity. You can switch over to a beautiful new photo view when you’re ready to see your world at a glance.
Day One has come a long way!
I have been using Day One for about 4 years now. I have always kept a journal since I was a kid but I wanted something password protected to use on my MacBook. When I first started using the Day One, it was limited and the phone app was incredibly buggy especially on iPhone. Over the years the developers have absolutely refined Day One into one of the best apps you can invest in on the App Store. I truly enjoy looking back over the years to see how far I have come.
I mainly use this app as a “mind dump” whenever I feel overwhelmed and to record my dreams. Over time it has expanded into several different journals. I’m just now starting to use it to record smaller and simpler thoughts throughout the day to replace social media and it’s doing wonders for my mental health. Since it’s much more stable and reliable on iPhone it’s been a joy to use on-the-go. We all have those thoughts we just want to get out and social media isn’t always the place for that. Day One is a perfect judge-free zone where I won’t look back on a post 5 years later and feel deep regret for making that thought public.
I did try out Day One Premium for 1 year because I wanted to use the video feature. I could only record a couple of minutes at a time and I didn’t end up using it as much as I thought I would. I didn’t use any of the other features in that year so I ended up reverting back to the basic package, but I’m sure those extra features will be useful for others!
A request to address certain problems
I’ve been using your app for years, definitely one of the best apps I have ever used. However lately I have been facing problems. I have an iPhone 8. Often times when I copy or past something, the app would lag a lot and then crash and I would need to restart it. Another huge problem I have is that when I want to edit an entry, the app would instantly take me to the bottom of the entry instead of the place I already was. I write long entries so if I’m in the middle of something and notice a typo, I don’t want to fix it because it will take me all the way to the bottom. And if I slide up and tap on the text I want to edit, most of the time the app just keeps taking me back to the bottom. I think I have to double tap it sometimes and make sure I am not sliding to get it to select the text I want. It is so frustrating for me, why can this not work like google docs where it just stays at the same spot I click edit instead of going all the way down. Please, I have been a loyal customer for a very long time and I hope you fix this, or either give me an option to disable this ‘function’. Lastly, I would greatly appreciate if you guys would give us the option to sync with iCloud/Dropbox again, if we’re paying for something we really should get the option of where we want to save our data.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will forward this to our engineers and designers for review. If you have any other specific feedback, please let our support team know. http://dayoneapp.com/contact
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bloom Built Inc
- 90.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Bloom Built, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Day One Premium $34.99
- Premium Monthly $3.99
- Day One Premium $34.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.