From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
Award Winning: Apple App of the Year and Apple Design Award
Over 10 million downloads
#1 rated app for journaling
“It feels almost sacred: A completely private digital space.” —The New York Times
“Day One makes keeping a journal delightfully easy.” —Wired
WHY DAY ONE?
Keeping a journal is an act of love. It makes you aware of your surroundings, cognizant of your actions, and open to adapting to all the changes around you.
Day One is the journal that redefines journaling. Discover how Day One lets you to capture life as you live it.
What you’ll love about Day One:
BEAUTIFUL, AWARD-WINNING DESIGN
Focus on your writing with a layout that has everything you need and nothing you don’t.
QUICKLY REVISIT MOMENTS FROM THE PAST
Use *On This Day* to take a trip back in time. No time machine needed.
TELL YOUR STORY, WORDS OPTIONAL
Add photos, videos, drawings, or audio recordings to bring your journal entries to life.
YOU OWN THE DATA, WE KEEP IT SAFE
Protect your journal with biometric security, end-to-end encryption, and automatic backups with the ability to export your data anytime.
Connect to HealthKit to share "Mindful Minutes" to log the time spent writing in your journal.
JOURNAL FROM HERE, THERE, EVERYWHERE
Download for free on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch.
Follow us on Instagram for tips, prompts, and beautiful photography to help you get the most from your journal.
Download now for FREE, or learn more at: https://dayoneapp.com
Day One is FREE to use with unlimited entries. Additional features are available with a Day One Premium membership.
For technical assistance or other inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Enable the new “Daily Prompt” system reminder option in Settings > Notifications & Reminders
• Customize which journal and tags are applied to Daily Prompts
• New “Daily Prompt” Widget
• Template Reminders now include the template name and content in the system notification
• Streak notification in-app after saving your first entry of the day
• Tap on entry in the multi-entry view opens in a modal card view on top
• Long/Force press on entry in multi-entry view now presents a contextual menu giving you access to quick actions on your entry
• Audio attachments are now scaled down in the multi-entry view
• Shortcut parameter improvements: Journal is now optional and defaults to first journal with none selected.
• Images are displayed larger in photo groups (fewer images per row)
• Higher resolution thumbnails in multi-entry view
• Updated Daily Prompt on iPad to behave the same way as the new entry menu
• Daily Prompt widget can now be enabled by all languages (Prompts will still be in english)
• Removed support for iOS 12 (to download this update and future updates, install iOS 13 to your device)
• Removed the Location History notification
• Fixed a bug that was preventing the ability to swipe between days when viewing On This Day
• Fixed an issue that was causing video player controls to disappear after first loop of the video
• Fixed an issue that was causing pdf attachments to disappear when attempting to drag into a photo group
• Fixed an issue that was preventing some users from properly syncing templates
• Various bug fixes and UI updates to keep your experience with Day One golden
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s hard to make the best even better, but the sequel to Day One lives up to expectations—and then some. The app smartly keeps its interface streamlined but adds a wealth of new features that we’ve found immensely valuable. Your journal entries contain all sorts of information—you can geolocate them, add tons of photos to each entry, and even see your day’s fitness activity. You can switch over to a beautiful new photo view when you’re ready to see your world at a glance.
A request to address certain problems
I’ve been using your app for years, definitely one of the best apps I have ever used. However lately I have been facing problems. I have an iPhone 8. Often times when I copy or past something, the app would lag a lot and then crash and I would need to restart it. Another huge problem I have is that when I want to edit an entry, the app would instantly take me to the bottom of the entry instead of the place I already was. I write long entries so if I’m in the middle of something and notice a typo, I don’t want to fix it because it will take me all the way to the bottom. And if I slide up and tap on the text I want to edit, most of the time the app just keeps taking me back to the bottom. I think I have to double tap it sometimes and make sure I am not sliding to get it to select the text I want. It is so frustrating for me, why can this not work like google docs where it just stays at the same spot I click edit instead of going all the way down. Please, I have been a loyal customer for a very long time and I hope you fix this, or either give me an option to disable this ‘function’. Lastly, I would greatly appreciate if you guys would give us the option to sync with iCloud/Dropbox again, if we’re paying for something we really should get the option of where we want to save our data.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will forward this to our engineers and designers for review. If you have any other specific feedback, please let our support team know. http://dayoneapp.com/contact
Wonderful Life Logging
I love Day One, I don’t do a whole lot of writing myself, or even audio recording, I have “photojournalistic tendencies”, that is I tend to just take pictures of everything. Or short videos. I used to do short text notes in iOS’ Notes App to complement my pictures, and I’ll admit, I still do on occasion, but I’m doing more and more in Day One, mostly because it’s easier to associate with a picture. I also love the location recording for notes, used to be I’d take pictures of just whatever wall or floor my phone was facing simply to record a location to accompany a text note in Notes, now, don’t have to. I still don’t write a whole lot, but the convenience of logging things, like weather and location has encouraged me to use Day One more. I highly recommend trying it for anyone who’s meticulous like I am about recording all the little details. Only thing I would improve is having the ability to save location data forever, currently location data is only saved for six weeks unless you manually save an entry for a place. I’d love to see that location history saved for forever.
- Bloom Built Inc
- 115.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 13.1 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Bloom Built, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Yearly $34.99
- Premium Monthly $3.99
- Premium Yearly for Plus Users $34.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.