From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
Award Winning: Apple App of the Year and Apple Design Award
Over 10 million downloads
#1 rated app for journaling
“It feels almost sacred: A completely private digital space.” —The New York Times
“Day One makes keeping a journal delightfully easy.” —Wired
WHY DAY ONE?
Keeping a journal is an act of love. It makes you aware of your surroundings, cognizant of your actions, and open to adapting to all the changes around you.
Day One is the journal that redefines journaling. Discover how Day One lets you to capture life as you live it.
What you’ll love about Day One:
BEAUTIFUL, AWARD-WINNING DESIGN
Focus on your writing with a layout that has everything you need and nothing you don’t.
QUICKLY REVISIT MOMENTS FROM THE PAST
Use *On This Day* to take a trip back in time. No time machine needed.
TELL YOUR STORY, WORDS OPTIONAL
Add photos, videos, drawings, or audio recordings to bring your journal entries to life.
YOU OWN THE DATA, WE KEEP IT SAFE
Protect your journal with biometric security, end-to-end encryption, and automatic backups with the ability to export your data anytime.
Connect to HealthKit to share "Mindful Minutes" to log the time spent writing in your journal.
JOURNAL FROM HERE, THERE, EVERYWHERE
Download for free on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch.
Follow us on Instagram for tips, prompts, and beautiful photography to help you get the most from your journal.
Download now for FREE, or learn more at: https://dayoneapp.com
Day One is FREE to use with unlimited entries. Additional features are available with a Day One Premium membership.
For technical assistance or other inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Introducing Widgets: We’ve created four unique widgets to bring some of your favorite Day One features right to your home screen. Add one or all of them, and choose the size that works best for you.
- On This Day - Revisit photos from past years with the On This Day preview.
- Daily Prompt - See the Daily Prompt throughout the day and answer when it’s convenient for you.
- Streaks - Keep track of your recent journaling streak and jump straight to the Calendar View (small widget) or to the Today View (medium widget).
- Today - Quickly see your most recent photos and location history to jump straight to the Today View to create a new entry.
• New Shortcuts: We’ve added a number of new shortcuts to make it faster (and easier) to get exactly where you want to be in Day One. Visit the Shortcuts app to add shortcuts for viewing the Today View, answering the daily prompt, editing an entry, creating an entry with a template, or recording audio, shooting video, or taking a photo.
• Wind Down: Day One can be added to your Wind Down actions so that as you prepare to go to bed, you can quickly access Day One to reflect on the day.
• Contextual Menus: Quickly gain access to actions throughout Day One by long pressing on the buttons at the top of the main timeline, or the content/text edit buttons on the keyboard.
• We’ve added additional keyboard shortcuts on the iPad. Hold down the command key while editing an entry to discover what’s available.
• The photo picker now shows a checkmark next to photos and videos that you’ve already added to an entry in the past making it easier to see what moments from the past you still need to add to your journal.
• The text edit and content keyboards have been updated to be more dynamic according to device orientation, and we’ve added more buttons to give you quick access to header types and highlighting
• These bugs aren’t going to squash themselves, so we performed our usual round of extermination. We also cleaned up the UI a bit.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s hard to make the best even better, but the sequel to Day One lives up to expectations—and then some. The app smartly keeps its interface streamlined but adds a wealth of new features that we’ve found immensely valuable. Your journal entries contain all sorts of information—you can geolocate them, add tons of photos to each entry, and even see your day’s fitness activity. You can switch over to a beautiful new photo view when you’re ready to see your world at a glance.
A request to address certain problems
I’ve been using your app for years, definitely one of the best apps I have ever used. However lately I have been facing problems. I have an iPhone 8. Often times when I copy or past something, the app would lag a lot and then crash and I would need to restart it. Another huge problem I have is that when I want to edit an entry, the app would instantly take me to the bottom of the entry instead of the place I already was. I write long entries so if I’m in the middle of something and notice a typo, I don’t want to fix it because it will take me all the way to the bottom. And if I slide up and tap on the text I want to edit, most of the time the app just keeps taking me back to the bottom. I think I have to double tap it sometimes and make sure I am not sliding to get it to select the text I want. It is so frustrating for me, why can this not work like google docs where it just stays at the same spot I click edit instead of going all the way down. Please, I have been a loyal customer for a very long time and I hope you fix this, or either give me an option to disable this ‘function’. Lastly, I would greatly appreciate if you guys would give us the option to sync with iCloud/Dropbox again, if we’re paying for something we really should get the option of where we want to save our data.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will forward this to our engineers and designers for review. If you have any other specific feedback, please let our support team know. http://dayoneapp.com/contact
PDF format has improved- Thank you!
THANK YOU for continuing to improve the PDF format! Just as I was about to give up and look for a journaling method elsewhere, the PDF format was improved and now there are multiple pictures per page, and the flow and format is a lot nicer. I also like that the text is larger and one page can even fit up to 9 pictures. It still isn’t perfect. If I could give the suggestion to make the date and time font darker and maybe a little bigger, it would be near to perfect. That is hardly visible, especially once printed out. But the picture flow has dramatically improved, and I applaud you! I am fine paying a subscription as long as these updates are being made, because I appreciate the continuous work to improve the customer’s experience. So far, to the best of my knowledge, these improvements haven’t been made to the book printing, but I assume they are working on that as well. Thank you and please, for your subscribers, continue with these improvements! It’s the only thing that keeps me hanging on to this app because a physical, printed copy is so important to me, and though I love everything else about the app digitally, I would be forced to look elsewhere if I wasn’t satisfied with the printing (via book or PDF). I’m sure I’m not the only customer who feels this way. Thank you for hearing me out!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. Our team is still working on PDF improvements. Thank you for your patience.
- Bloom Built Inc
- 107.3 MB
Requires iOS 13.1 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Bloom Built, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Day One Premium $34.99
- Premium Monthly $3.99
- Day One Premium $34.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.