From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
Award Winning: Apple App of the Year and Apple Design Award
Over 10 million downloads
#1 rated app for journaling
“It feels almost sacred: A completely private digital space.” —The New York Times
“Day One makes keeping a journal delightfully easy.” —Wired
WHY DAY ONE?
Keeping a journal is an act of love. It makes you aware of your surroundings, cognizant of your actions, and open to adapting to all the changes around you.
Day One is the journal that redefines journaling. Discover how Day One lets you to capture life as you live it.
What you’ll love about Day One:
BEAUTIFUL, AWARD-WINNING DESIGN
Focus on your writing with a layout that has everything you need and nothing you don’t.
QUICKLY REVISIT MOMENTS FROM THE PAST
Use *On This Day* to take a trip back in time. No time machine needed.
TELL YOUR STORY, WORDS OPTIONAL
Add photos, videos, drawings, or audio recordings to bring your journal entries to life.
YOU OWN THE DATA, WE KEEP IT SAFE
Protect your journal with biometric security, end-to-end encryption, and automatic backups with the ability to export your data anytime.
Connect to HealthKit to share "Mindful Minutes" to log the time spent writing in your journal.
JOURNAL FROM HERE, THERE, EVERYWHERE
Download for free on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch.
Follow us on Instagram for tips, prompts, and beautiful photography to help you get the most from your journal.
Download now for FREE, or learn more at: https://dayoneapp.com
Day One is FREE to use with unlimited entries. Additional features are available with a Day One Premium membership.
For technical assistance or other inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In a year where news has been predominantly negative, we wanted to announce a bit of positive news from our corner of the world:Day One 5.0 is here and with it comes a number of new features and refinements we think make journaling even better.
• Today: A complete reimagination of “Activity Feed,” Today aggregates five journal elements into one place: your location data, calendar events, photos taken, the day’s entries, and On This Day entries. Today provides an overview of where you’ve been and what you’ve done, allowing you to journal what matters most in a really convenient way. Today is also the most seamless way to revisit the past, with quick access to On This Day. You can access Today by tapping a date on the calendar, the date in the Timeline, or by tapping Today in the Journal Side Menu.
• Media Picker: Adding photos and videos to your entries is easier now thanks to four key updates to the Media Picker:
1. Easily toggle between your photo library, the in-app camera, and the video recorder to add photos and videos to your entry.
2. We removed the related tab and now group the contents of your photo library by location and time of day.
3. Now photos will be added to the entry in the order you select them.
4. New zoom buttons and a favorites icon in the photo picker help ensure you pick just the right photo.
• PDF Exporter: With Day One your entries always stay yours. We’ve rebuilt our PDF Export system to give you even more control over how you export your data.
• Sign in with Apple: We’ve made it even easier for you to create your Day One account by adding Sign in with Apple functionality. Existing users who want the simplicity of Sign in with Apple can convert their account over for future authentication.
• CSV Export: Now you can export your Day One data as a .csv file.
• On This Day now shows a map of all entry locations from past years.
• These bugs aren’t going to squash themselves, so we performed our usual round of extermination. We also cleaned up the UI a bit.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s hard to make the best even better, but the sequel to Day One lives up to expectations—and then some. The app smartly keeps its interface streamlined but adds a wealth of new features that we’ve found immensely valuable. Your journal entries contain all sorts of information—you can geolocate them, add tons of photos to each entry, and even see your day’s fitness activity. You can switch over to a beautiful new photo view when you’re ready to see your world at a glance.
A request to address certain problems
I’ve been using your app for years, definitely one of the best apps I have ever used. However lately I have been facing problems. I have an iPhone 8. Often times when I copy or past something, the app would lag a lot and then crash and I would need to restart it. Another huge problem I have is that when I want to edit an entry, the app would instantly take me to the bottom of the entry instead of the place I already was. I write long entries so if I’m in the middle of something and notice a typo, I don’t want to fix it because it will take me all the way to the bottom. And if I slide up and tap on the text I want to edit, most of the time the app just keeps taking me back to the bottom. I think I have to double tap it sometimes and make sure I am not sliding to get it to select the text I want. It is so frustrating for me, why can this not work like google docs where it just stays at the same spot I click edit instead of going all the way down. Please, I have been a loyal customer for a very long time and I hope you fix this, or either give me an option to disable this ‘function’. Lastly, I would greatly appreciate if you guys would give us the option to sync with iCloud/Dropbox again, if we’re paying for something we really should get the option of where we want to save our data.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will forward this to our engineers and designers for review. If you have any other specific feedback, please let our support team know. http://dayoneapp.com/contact
PDF format has improved- Thank you!
THANK YOU for continuing to improve the PDF format! Just as I was about to give up and look for a journaling method elsewhere, the PDF format was improved and now there are multiple pictures per page, and the flow and format is a lot nicer. I also like that the text is larger and one page can even fit up to 9 pictures. It still isn’t perfect. If I could give the suggestion to make the date and time font darker and maybe a little bigger, it would be near to perfect. That is hardly visible, especially once printed out. But the picture flow has dramatically improved, and I applaud you! I am fine paying a subscription as long as these updates are being made, because I appreciate the continuous work to improve the customer’s experience. So far, to the best of my knowledge, these improvements haven’t been made to the book printing, but I assume they are working on that as well. Thank you and please, for your subscribers, continue with these improvements! It’s the only thing that keeps me hanging on to this app because a physical, printed copy is so important to me, and though I love everything else about the app digitally, I would be forced to look elsewhere if I wasn’t satisfied with the printing (via book or PDF). I’m sure I’m not the only customer who feels this way. Thank you for hearing me out!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. Our team is still working on PDF improvements. Thank you for your patience.
- Bloom Built Inc
- 117.2 MB
Requires iOS 13.1 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Bloom Built, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Day One Premium $34.99
- Premium Monthly $3.99
- Day One Premium $34.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.