Negotiate water rights from scorpion gods in this necromantic legal thriller! Discredit your boss, solve murders, and reanimate your own corpse to keep your city from drying out.
“Deathless: The City’s Thirst" is a 150,000-word interactive novel by Max Gladstone, author of “Choice of the Deathless” and the "Craft Sequence" novels, nominated for the John W Campbell Best New Writer Award, the XYZZY award, and the Lambda Award. Your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based--without graphics or sound effects--and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
You won the God Wars, killing the rain god and taking over his desert city. But now the city needs water, and it’s your job to make it rain. As a rising associate at a god-killing public service conglomerate, you can monopolize your city’s public utilities, or fight to keep water affordable for everyone. Build alliances with powerful necromancers, or help local farmers hold onto their land. Find love, or betray your friends. Overcome the trauma you suffered in the God Wars. Prevent murders, or commit them.
Just keep the water flowing.
• Play as male or female; straight, gay, or bi
• Match wits with master necromancers, real estate magnates, and journalists
• Climb the social ladder of Dresediel Lex
• Help the needy, or laugh callously as the world burns
• Drink with undead kings over the ruins of a destroyed civilization
• Kill people you may later really wish you hadn't killed
• Betray trusted friends and their entire society
• Fight giant scorpions and renegade priests—or join forces with them
• Look for love in extremely wrong places
Added support for iPhone X. If you enjoy playing "Deathless: The City's Thirst," please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Though it might not be as popular as the other Choice games, it's my personal favorite. The story takes place in an unique and intriguing setting and time. There are multiple endings with various branching paths. I seriously recommend it!
That aside, this was an interesting mix of the previous game. A good note that charm isn’t as flexible as it was in the previous game (I pretty much won with a maxed charm stat) so you actually have more importance in everything else.
One of the best!
Absolutely one of the best Choice Of...games I’ve played in a long time. Unique characters in a fascinating world tell a compelling story with numerous choices to make it your own.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Choice of Games LLC
- 33.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Max Gladstone
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.