- Do you like music streaming services?
- Do you enjoy companies telling you what you should listen to each week?
- Did you stop buying music years ago?
If you answer with "yes" to any of these questions, Decoupled wasn't made for you. Sorry.
However, if you...
- Still buy and own records
- Have a developed taste and/or a vast music collection
- Listen to music in formats like FLAC, Opus, or Vorbis (Ogg)
then you should definitely give it a shot!
Some of its features:
- Playback of a wide range of formats: FLAC, Vorbis (Ogg), Opus, Apple Lossless, MP3, AAC, WAV.
- Gapless playback
- 10-band equalizer
- Music sync through USB, via iTunes File Sharing
- Music sync without iTunes via FTP, WebDAV, or a simple Web browser!
- Hardware codec utilization for longer battery life.
- Decoupled will now appear in the built-in Files app
- Fixed the broken Apple Lossless playback
- Treat albums with identical artist & title but different date as different albums
- Some other minor bugfixes...
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful app for those wanting simplicity + super responsive developer
I am slowly transitioning away from streaming services and moving towards mostly purchasing CDs and digital music. I hated many of the extra features and recommendations that streaming services provide and wanted a minimalistic app so much that I was going to try to write my own—however, now I don’t need to because I found this app! The user interface is gorgeous and I like that it can play many types of files and that it is completely separate from Apple Music. When I initially started using it, I noticed that it would not play ALAC files, so I reached out to the developer who responded to me and fixed the bug within 2 hours!!! I definitely recommend this app to anyone who owns music and/or is feeling tired of streaming services and their “features”. Thank you Tamás for making this available for free!
Great but barebones
As someone who collects a lot of music, I wanted to find an app where I could bring my music with me everywhere. I came across several but many of them had a ton of frustrations such as not playing files correctly, intrusive ads, or frustrating file management. This app was one I came across and decided to give a try. So far, this is the best sounding music player I have tried, and plays all my files properly, however it is very barebones. Things such as playlists, shuffle and repeat do not exist. While I normally don’t utilize these features as I just listen to albums, they’re something that would be nice to have and I know it’ll be a dealbreaker for some. The one thing that annoys me though is the lack of a metadata editor. This is something that is very helpful and the lack of it is jarring and a little frustrating. This being said, this is still the best flac player on the app store and i can put up with the absence of those features as it is the best app to play flac files. If an update adds those features in, I’ll change my rating.
This is the perfect music player. It is the only app I have ever found—music player or otherwise—that has NOTHING extra. No bells, no whistles, no ads, no subscriptions, no “upgrades”, no pop-ups, nothing that isn’t absolutely necessary and working exactly as advertised. It plays locally stored files, reads tags, displays album art, has a graphic EQ, and looks/feels more like a native iOS app than some actual native iOS apps.
Decoupled does the things you want it to do and doesn’t do the things you don’t want it to do. Period.
I cannot stress this enough: if you need a music player that Just Works, this is the one. You found it. Stop looking, stop reading. Get after it. 👍
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tamas Zahola
- 3.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Tamás Zahola
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.