Translate text, speech, images, files, and more between 28 languages. Enjoy fast, accurate, and high-quality translations. Get the world’s top translator for free today!
DeepL Translate is the go-to translation app for translating text, speech, images, and files in 28 languages. Millions of people use it every day to communicate across language barriers. Start using it today for free, fast, and highly accurate translations.
· Translate texts: Translate between 28 languages by typing
· Multiple languages: Translate Bulgarian, Chinese (simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (American), English (British), Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
· Fast translations: Translate texts quickly and reliably (all languages)
· Translate speech to text: Use your microphone to translate spoken text in most languages
· Text to speech: Listen to the translated text in most languages (25 languages)
· Dark mode: Protect your eyes from bright light and save your battery life while translating
· Quick detection: Translations start after entering only a few letters
· High quality: DeepL translations outperform the competition by a factor of 3:1
· Zero cost: The DeepL Translate app is completely free
· Alternative translations: See alternative options for short phrases
· File translation: Translate text from files (7 languages)
· Instant camera translation: Translate text in images instantly by pointing your camera (requires iOS 15, 7 languages)
· Photo translation: Import photos for higher quality translations (7 languages)
· Saved translations: Tap the bookmark icon and save words and phrases for future reference or to build your own vocabulary (all languages)
· Handwriting: Draw text characters instead of typing on your iPad
· DeepL Pro: Log in to your DeepL Pro account
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Bulgarian, Chinese (simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (American), English (British), Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
Terms & Conditions: https://www.deepl.com/app-terms
DeepL Support: https://www.deepl.com/support
- You can now share files and images to DeepL to translate them.
- We fixed several bugs and made usability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Best translator, private too!
UPDATED! DeepL (Pro), how I love thee, let me count the ways: This is my favorite translator, with more accurate word definitions than I’ve found elsewhere (proven in my language classes, translating scores of documents I submitted for my residency permit, and for communication with my non-English speaking family), including suggested variations on word and phrase translations. The addition of features found in the other big translator—scanned live translation, photos, documents—means I can FINALLY delete that other app, much to my delight! If you use the online/desktop versions of this app, DeepL also has an editable and recallable glossary, and for those with a Pro account: formal and informal translation options (such as found in languages like German). You can even click on a word or phrase in the translation to trigger a pop up of suggested edits. Another bonus: the makers have designed this app with privacy in mind, collecting no personally identifying data. And one more thing: the big-name translator uses almost four times as much memory as this app. Thank you DeepL team!
Great for work and travel
This is perfect for when you are traveling and have a complex question beyond your food order or directions. While visiting Paris, people were able to completely understand my translations, and I was able to get around and get clarifications seamlessly.
As for work, it is so easy to use. I pay for the pro, and I can directly upload documents and translate them, and they are 98% accurate. Soo much more efficient than trying to translate manually. And, when you cross-translate to verify, it maintains the text in English (unlike the popular app).
Wonderful app! Could be improved with a setting for gendered languages
Gendered languages are difficult to learn if your mother tongue is not gendered, and the default is always masculine (sometimes neutral). It would be nice if there was a setting you could choose to ask the app to consistently translate verbs and nouns for you in one “gender.” It’s not fun to have to declare “your gender” all the time in the forms of your self descriptive nouns and verbs while learning gendered languages, but it would be a lot easier to learn how to do that if you could choose a setting (masculine , feminine, neutral) for the app to translate in.
Otherwise, really helpful, and I appreciate how it offers multiple translations and can handle shorthand/slang. Really great translation tool.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DeepL GmbH
- 32.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.7 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.7 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 DeepL SE