Deflection is the most interactive, fast, and precise app available for structural beam analysis. Design visually and obtain engineering results, graphs, and equations instantaneously!
Simply place loads and supports on the beam, and see how it bends. Find a cross section in the built-in library, or define a custom shape. Deflection, internal stresses, and other useful results are automatically updated.
This software is the result of over six years of continuous development and innovation aimed at mechanical engineering, civil engineering, and structural engineering. This tool will help you apply beam elastic theory from day 1 as you are learning Mechanics of Materials, and it will be your go-to pocket reference any time in the future.
Obtain design results and diagrams in real-time.
• Shear force
• Bending moment
• Deflection distance
• Internal bending stress
• Internal shear stress
CROSS SECTION DATABASES
Specify values directly, or find common shapes and materials using the built-in databases.
• United States
• Great Britain
CROSS SECTION EDITOR
Edit built-in cross sections. Shape properties are automatically calculated.
• Moment of inertia
UNLIMITED LOADS AND SUPPORTS
Simply drag any load or support on the beam.
• Concentrated point loads
• Distributed loads
• Moment loads
• Simple supports
• Fixed supports
• Fixed hinges
• Floating Gerber hinges
• Apply beam self-weight optionally
• Automatic detection of local maxima and minima in diagrams
• Unlimited design files
• Quick-start templates
• Metric and standard measurement units
We want to hear from you! Issues, questions, or requests? Please submit a review or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• USER REQUESTED: Configure the number of significant figures used to display values. This does not affect inputs or internal calculations.
• USER REQUESTED: Configure whether large values should be displayed using scientific or engineering notation.
• USER REQUESTED: Different engineers have different needs, so you can now configure the direction of moment diagrams to match your convention and industry.
• IMPROVED: Bending stress visualizations have been revamped to display both max tension and compression components intuitively.
• IMPROVED: Diagram labels are a little smarter and have a better layout. When selecting a discontinuous point, both sides of it will now be labeled.
• IMPROVED: Interaction with distributed loads should feel better now, and the app won't crash if you enter an absurdly large length for it.
• FIXED: Minor issues.
• CHANGED: Use the settings button in the home screen to modify app default settings. These settings will apply to any new designs as well as the cross section and material libraries. Configuring options (units, significant figures, notation, etc.) within a design will now only apply to that design document.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ketchep.com, LLC
- 17.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12.6 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 Ketchep.com, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.