Designed to enhance the listening experience with Denon’s new line of Music Maniac™ headphones, the Denon Audio app is designed for the on-the-go audiophile. The Denon Audio app features a premium audio player that lets you experience the best possible sound quality from your iPod music library and favorite Internet radio stations. Create & save custom EQ curves, create & save instant playlists, enjoy internet radio stations via the built-in TuneIn service, and more. The Denon Audio app will quickly replace all of your other music apps.
The Denon Audio app features a customizable graphical equalizer that lets you contour your own sound by directly manipulating more than 1000 discrete bands of equalization without adding spatial distortion or decreasing sound quality. Pump up the bass, restore those highs, and start jammin’!
Note: The EQ features require an In-App Purchase.
• Graphical equalizer for your iPod music library and streaming Internet Radio
• 1000 possible discrete bands
• 10 built in EQ Presets
• Create and save your own EQ Presets
• Bypass mode to quickly compare the original and equalized audio
• Real-time spectrum analyzer
• Linear phase design
• No spatial distortion
IPOD MUSIC LIBRARY FEATURES:
• Enhances your listening experience with Denon Music Maniac Headphones or other audio playback devices such as docking stations, a/v receivers, car stereos via USB, Bluetooth, or Airplay.
• Powerful queue based playback system lets you build and order your own playlist on the fly.
• Save the playback queue as a new playlist
• A single song, all songs on an album, all songs by an artist, and all songs in a genre can easily be added to the now playing queue.
• Supports both portrait and landscape modes for browsing, playing, and equalizing
• Shuffle and repeat playback modes
• iPod library browsing by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, Compilation, and Podcast (no importing needed)
INTERNET RADIO FEATURES:
• The TuneIn service provides global access to Internet radio – covering over 70,000 radio stations and 2 million on-demand programs including sports, news, talk, music and comedy.
• Browse Internet radio stations by location, genre, language or Podcast (on-demand programs).
• Powerful search feature for your iPod music library and Internet Radio
• Save your favorite Internet Radio stations or programs as convenient presets and share them with other TuneIn compatible devices
• Ability to choose high or low quality streams offered by broadcasters
• Streams music over AirPlay to any Denon AirPlay compatible receiver or HiFi product
• Streams music over Bluetooth in your car or to any Bluetooth speaker or headphones
• Share what you’re listening to via Facebook, Twitter, Email, or Text Message (iMessage)
• The Denon Audio app requires iOS 5 or later and works with the iPhone 3GS or newer, the iTouch 3rd generation or newer, and all iPads (in 2x mode).
• DRM protected iTunes music is NOT supported by the Denon Audio app (or any 3rd party music app)
• iTunes Match will be supported in a future update
• Wi-Fi or data connection required to stream Internet radio
Ratings and Reviews
This isn’t just a graphic eq, it’s a pretty good player too! Much better than itunes, tho that’s not saying much. Demon is great because of that AND because it’s free! It lets you own your own music too (unlike iTunes). It lets you tune it to your liking without having to fiddle through substandard presets, and it works well with pc apps. The only thing that needs improvement is once in a while the app cuts off the song you’re listening to right in the middle and goes to the next one. They could also work on song fading; out at the end of the current one and into the beginning of the next one with a slight overlap, the way MediaMonkey does. Otherwise, great app! Thanks!
Does Not Play Anything
I just downloaded this app and bought the $2 EQ function. However, the app does not play anything at all. It seems to find the downloaded music just fine, loads it up into the queue, but then nothing. Pressing play will result in a faint “click” as if it is trying to activate the track, but nothing will play. The play button does not turn into the pause symbol, either. Forward/backward scrubbing through a track seems to work, and it shows track time information, but still there is no audio as the tracks will not play. I have deleted and re-downloaded the app, restarted my phone, started and quit Apple Music so as to make it “let go” of the Airplay function, (A track that is supposed to be playing in the Denon Audio app in Airplay tab simply says “iPhone”), but still nothing. Even tried a few different headphones/earbuds with no luck. There is absolutely no support on this app that I can find outside of the in-app FAQ, which has no troubleshooting.
Can I have my $2 back, please?
Denon Audio Music Player with EQ
Wow! This app is definitely for people who truly value and appreciate and enjoy sonic and audio excellence from their music collection like myself.
I highly recommend this very fine App, coming from one of the premier audio experts around.
I used to thoroughly enjoy the Audio Xciter HD music player, that is, until I transitioned over to my new iPhone 6 from my iPhone 5s, and started to have bugs, problems and playback issues on the new iPhone - all due by ios 8 compatibility or optimization issues.
And, until this issue is resolved by Audio Xciter, the new Denon player will serve me quite nicely.
Love the outstanding 10 preset EQ settings, already quite nice and meeting all my personal needs.
And, with the ability to even fine tune and customize your music output to your own personal preferences, that's truly icing on the audio cake.
Throw in ability to easily create your own music queue playlist from your vast library and you have yourself a real winner.
Never bombed in the limited time I've enjoyed the player thus far.
No bugs. No playback issues whatsoever.
Very nice. Very professional. Very Denon. 👍😉
- D&M Holdings Inc.
- 20.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © D&M Holdings Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Equalizer $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.