Dental Dictionary by Farlex gives you free, instant access to more than 55,000 dental terms and thousands of audio pronunciations and images, all from authoritative sources, including McGraw-Hill, Houghton Mifflin, Dorland's, Gale, and more.
Whether you’re a dentist, dental hygienist, dental student, or just looking to learn more about dentistry, this free dental dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of dental terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Search across multiple disciplines in more than a dozen dictionary and encyclopedia sources, including entries on:
Dental tools and technology
Illustrations, Photographs, and X-ray images
+ much more…
* Search 55,000+ dental terms and definitions from top sources you won't find anywhere else—all in one app.
* Thousands of images, including photos, diagrams, and X-ray images
* Save unlimited bookmarks and quickly access the terms you need to find fast.
* Use native voice search to look up a word just by saying it. (With supported devices)
* See search suggestions as you type and always find what you're looking for.
* View your recent searches.
* Perform advanced searches, including "Starts with," "Ends with," "Contains," and "Wildcard."
* Listen to audio pronunciations for both American and British speakers.
* Share definitions via social networks, email, and text. (With supported devices)
User-friendly, comprehensive, and authoritative: Dental Dictionary by Farlex is the perfect free dental app for dentists, dental hygienists, dental students, and anyone curious about dentistry. This is NOT a preview or a trial version, and there is no "locked" content. Open the app on your iPhone or iPad and immediately access all content — no subscriptions required!
How do we do it?
TheFreeDictionary.com - Farlex apps have been downloaded tens of millions times across multiple platforms, with top ratings after hundreds of thousands of reviews. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Our flagship app is The Free Dictionary (TFD), powered by TheFreeDictionary.com. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary by Farlex" in the App Store.
* Support for iPhone X
* Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Experimenting with it, and so far so good! Will come back and edit if I have suggestions:)
The “must have” app for dental professionals.
It is a dictionary but you can not browse through content.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. It's possible that we may add a search feature like this to the app in the future. In the meantime, you can try using the app's search function to find long lists of headwords. To access the "starts with" search, tap on the search bar at the top of any page in the app, then tap "Simple search" in the top right corner of the search screen and start typing your search term. You can then choose "starts with."
- Farlex, Inc.
- 48.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Farlex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free upgrade $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.