Love home decorating? Play Design Home today - a relaxing, fun game that allows you to live the life of an interior decorator. Sharpen your decorating skills in daily Design Challenges and style visually stunning three-dimensional spaces with access to real, high-end furniture and decor brands. Unlock 'My Home' to access bathrooms, kitchens and more customization options to bring your dream homes to life! It’s quick, it’s fun and you can connect with a vibrant creative community while learning about diverse décor styles - thus improving your design skills and gaining inspiration that you can even apply in your real life.
* Relax through play and express your creativity in daily Design Challenges.
* Unlock rewards as you polish your amazing abilities as an interior decorator.
* Level up to access 'My Home' - with dream homes of your very own to design as you wish!
* Play with real life, high-end brands as you learn about different interior design styles.
* Vote on your favorite rooms from a vibrant, creative community.
* Share your creativity and borrow furnishings from your friends when you connect to Facebook.
Love the items in your favorite room? You can shop for them directly through Design Home! Click any piece you love and buy it for your own home. With new pieces added every day, Design Home literally puts the best home décor (alternative: furnishings) directly at your fingertips. Not only can you discover brands and trends, you can own them, too!
- This game is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items, which will charge your iTunes account. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device settings. This game is not intended for children.
- Please buy carefully.
- Advertising appears in this game. This game may permit users to interact with one another (e.g., chat rooms, player to player chat, messaging) depending on the availability of these features. Linking to social networking sites are not intended for persons in violation of the applicable rules of such social networking sites.
- A network connection is required to play.
- If you have a problem with this game, please use the game’s “Help” feature.
Terms of Service: http://www.glu.com/terms
• ALL-NEW House #2 added to My Home! Players Lv 8+ can now design a second dream home by the coast!
• 5-6 unique Design Challenges added daily, along with Wayback and Bonus Challenges each month
• New real-world items from top brands to use in your designs. More every day!
• Technical fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
This game has issues that must be resolved!
I've been playing this game for 3 months now and enjoy it a lot. It's fun to take a break and mess around designing a room, and I enjoy seeing what others have done to design the same room. However, I've suspected on numerous occasions that some of my items are gone before I've used them up, but then decided I just had a bad memory... now I am SURE of it! When I went to use chairs that I won recently there was only one in my inventory! I went through my past completed designs and sure enough, I had never used those chairs! Same with a table I had purchased and who knows how many other items...Buying items is expensive and winning them is challenging! (The game should be WAY less stingy with diamonds! 500 hundred a day should be 1000 and winning a mere 125 for a five star design is ridiculous! That should be 1000 as well, especially considering one halfway decent plant or picture sets you back 1000 diamonds! There should also be some diamonds awarded for four star entries, with five stars winning more.) With inventory being so precious I'd like to be able to use the full five I have bought or won and not have the game lose them, or whatever is happening to my inventory. DO NOT SPEND ACTUAL MONEY ON THIS GAME! Also, don't waste your time trying to "complete offers" to earn extra diamonds. You will almost never actually get any diamonds. It is a waste of time. Play the game but use your daily rewards only.
This is a very fun way to keep current in home design. The inventory’s on trend and bonus points for the catalogue of info on each piece in the event you might like to purchase an item for your own real house. I happened onto this game and took off with it kind of learning the rules, strategy of play, etc as I go. I have been playing almost a year now and spent $200 on my debit card to buy inventory. I have only received 3 scores of 5 in all my designs entered which seems extremely unfair as when I view the 5 star design winners they are no where as near as nice as my own entry. It seems to me like the voting system is off kilter, why not let real true experienced designers make the decision on final score. That seems more like it, and would probably be helpful in keeping the character of the design patterns fresh, rather than stagnating into only a certain look getting showcased into the 5 category. One last comment, the winning designs do not seem to take into account the preview info given about the home owners goals. Often times the 5 star designs do not pay any attention to the criteria of gender of the intended occupant or style desired by owners. Therefore, a pink frilly room is able to achieve a score of 5 even though the monologue calla for designing a room for a boy occupant. How does that work when the rest of us are taking in the desired effect of each room asked for in the description? Otherwise, love, love, love this addicting app.
Great Game but Could Use Some Tweaks
I really do love this game and greatly enjoy designing the different rooms using different styles. There is room for improvement. For example, I wait in anticipation for my designer score on a particular room that I was extremely pleased in how it turned out, only to receive a lower score while a room that was designed in all white, all black, a combination of the two or one that didn’t even follow the style description wins “Top Score”. I’ve voted for some pretty amazing designs during judging that I’m sure also scored lower than the so called “Top Designs” that use little imagination by going monochromatic or use whatever style the player wishes rather than follow the style description given. It’s kind of demotivating to say the least. I feel as if 90% of the players have a thing against using actual color in a design. It would be helpful if the developers left in the description on the voting screens to remind the judging public of what style was supposed to be depicted. Also, items are priced way too high for only getting 5 uses from them before having to repurchase them. And last but not least, there is a greatly insufficient diversity in artwork and decorative items to go with the varied style choices. If you can ignore the “color blind” attitudes of the voting public and not get too upset when your design doesn’t do as well as the same boring all black, white or gray right rooms, then you’ll enjoy this game.
- Crowdstar Inc
- 219.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2019 Crowdstar, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Handful of Diamonds $1.99
- Cluster of Diamonds $4.99
- Pile of Diamonds $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.