A new era in VPN protection, Disconnect Premium revolutionizes online privacy. The most powerful and user friendly VPN app empowers you with an unprecedented amount of privacy and control over device wide tracking and encryption. We strive to provide the best and most usable privacy solutions available. Our pioneering VPN products are designed to offer strong protection without causing any hassles, slowdown, or breakage.
OUR PROTECTION POWERS PRIVACY FOR HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE
Disconnect’s privacy technology is integrated into several popular browsers and our apps have been Featured by The New York Times, Washington Post, 60 Minutes, Today Show, Wired, & many more!
YOUR PRIVACY IS OUR BUSINESS, WE DON'T WANT YOUR DATA
Disconnect never logs, tracks, or collects any of your online activity or personal information, except the information you explicitly volunteer (like if you decide to email us).
Our free tracking protection blocks trackers just in your Safari browser
- Device wide tracker protection, which results in faster page and app loads, reduced bandwidth, better battery life
- See a real-time list of trackers trying to collect your location, phone number, email, and online activity
- Stats dashboard shows what's blocked, along with time and data savings
- Encrypt all Internet connections, to prevent Wi-Fi snooping of your web and app usage and other forms of surveillance
- Full VPN mode masks your location / IP address
- Blocking mode stops invisible trackers and improves performance without routing all traffic
- Premium protects you across all your applications, including all browsers
- Utilizes servers in over 180 locations and 80+ countries to ensure fastest connections
- Blocks invisible tracking threats
Our Tracker Protection technology is integrated into popular browsers and is now available to block trackers inside all your apps. Disconnect Premium blocks privacy invasive trackers by setting a DNS to prevent known tracking domains from connecting. Our tracker protection is solely focused on consumer privacy and we have a well-defined policy, which you can view here: https://disconnect.me/trackerprotection. We are not an ad blocker and never accept money for whitelisting. We give you full control of which trackers are blocked or allowed.
Our mission is to improve the internet and the world by empowering people to exercise their right to privacy.
- We help protect hundreds of millions of people with our tracker protection
- Accolades include winning the Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the South by Southwest Interactive festival, making the list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app
- Public partnerships with leading privacy/security organizations including Consumer Reports, Mozilla, Microsoft, and the EFF
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with our awesome team.
Fixes bug that caused a crash and adds other improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
1. When in the premium, full VPN mode, it cut my internet speed by half or more.
2. On my first installation, under Mojave, except for the speed loss it ran well. I upgraded to Catalina, which was a disaster, and then went back to Mojave. Had to reinstall and reactivate premium. Now when I try to run it, I keep getting a pop-up window asking for VPN Authorization. I think this is coming from the OS and is asking for my OS log-on password. When I enter it, the pop-up goes away, then reappears two seconds later. Nothing I enter works. When I quit Disconnect, this process keeps going on, and the only way I can kill it is to go into System Preferences->Network, find the VPN entry that's trying to connect, and delete it. I don't know if this problem is the OS (it worked before under Mojave) or the program, but now it's unusable. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it still happens. I've given up and uninstalled it.
Free Safari Extension!!
Glad to have the Disconnect Safari Extension back; the only reason I downloaded this app. The Extension is not as good as the Pre-Mojave version downloaded from the internet. You no longer have the ability to see what is being blocked on each site or whitelist specific sites, but it is better than nothing. Thank you for keeping this extension free!
Half-Baked App & Extension is Broken
The app itself is really bad as it only provides very basic functionality and it never shows any blocked trackers. This has been happening for a year now. Also, the Disconnect extension for Safari breaks a lot of sites so I had to disable it.
When the Disconnect extension is active on websites like Facebook and Yelp, it will disable all the graphics and layouts except for the text. I tested to see if there was conflicting extensions by turning them on and off, and only Disconnect causes the problem.
For this reason and an the unreliable extension, I have to give Disconnect two stars.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Disconnect, Inc.
- 16.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Disconnect, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $35.99
- Premium $11.99
- Premium $23.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.