Disconnect Premium 4+
Tracker protection and VPN
- Offers In-App Purchases
A new era in VPN protection, Disconnect Premium revolutionizes online privacy. The most powerful and user friendly VPN app empowers you with an unprecedented amount of privacy and control over device wide tracking and encryption. We strive to provide the best and most usable privacy solutions available. Our pioneering VPN products are designed to offer strong protection without causing any hassles, slowdown, or breakage.
OUR PROTECTION POWERS PRIVACY FOR HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE
Disconnect’s privacy technology is integrated into several popular browsers and our apps have been Featured by The New York Times, Washington Post, 60 Minutes, Today Show, Wired, & many more!
YOUR PRIVACY IS OUR BUSINESS, WE DON'T WANT YOUR DATA
Disconnect never logs, tracks, or collects any of your online activity or personal information, except the information you explicitly volunteer (like if you decide to email us).
Our free tracking protection blocks trackers just in your Safari browser
- Device wide tracker protection, which results in faster page and app loads, reduced bandwidth, better battery life
- See a real-time list of trackers trying to collect your location, phone number, email, and online activity
- Stats dashboard shows what's blocked, along with time and data savings
- Encrypt all Internet connections, to prevent Wi-Fi snooping of your web and app usage and other forms of surveillance
- Full VPN mode masks your location / IP address
- Blocking mode stops invisible trackers and improves performance without routing all traffic
- Premium protects you across all your applications, including all browsers
- Utilizes servers in over 180 locations and 80+ countries to ensure fastest connections
- Blocks invisible tracking threats
Our Tracker Protection technology is integrated into popular browsers and is now available to block trackers inside all your apps. Disconnect Premium blocks privacy invasive trackers by setting a DNS to prevent known tracking domains from connecting. Our tracker protection is solely focused on consumer privacy and we have a well-defined policy, which you can view here: https://disconnect.me/trackerprotection. We are not an ad blocker and never accept money for whitelisting. We give you full control of which trackers are blocked or allowed.
Our mission is to improve the internet and the world by empowering people to exercise their right to privacy.
- We help protect hundreds of millions of people with our tracker protection
- Accolades include winning the Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the South by Southwest Interactive festival, making the list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app
- Public partnerships with leading privacy/security organizations including Consumer Reports, Mozilla, Microsoft, and the EFF
Please contact email@example.com to connect with our awesome team.
Fixes bug that caused a crash and adds other improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
1. When in the premium, full VPN mode, it cut my internet speed by half or more.
2. On my first installation, under Mojave, except for the speed loss it ran well. I upgraded to Catalina, which was a disaster, and then went back to Mojave. Had to reinstall and reactivate premium. Now when I try to run it, I keep getting a pop-up window asking for VPN Authorization. I think this is coming from the OS and is asking for my OS log-on password. When I enter it, the pop-up goes away, then reappears two seconds later. Nothing I enter works. When I quit Disconnect, this process keeps going on, and the only way I can kill it is to go into System Preferences->Network, find the VPN entry that's trying to connect, and delete it. I don't know if this problem is the OS (it worked before under Mojave) or the program, but now it's unusable. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it still happens. I've given up and uninstalled it.
Surprise, gotta pay extra for one account
How often do you find yourself needing your VPN live on BOTH you desktop/laptop AND your mobile device at the same time? Probably very infrequently if at all. So why when using the same Apple ID one has to pay for iOS sepearately than for MacOS seems pretty cheesy. Others like ProtonVPN have managed to apply a more common sense approach, might be worth copying ;)
Poor Conceptual Implementation
I purchased the premium app, because I had learned that it would now work for Chrome... When I try to upgrade to premium from Chrome, it just takes me to the App Store, with no option to buy directly from Disconnect. Doing it this way, it seems ONLY to protect Safari. Now Safari isn't a bad browser, but I don't use it, at all. To add to the madness, when I click on the settings gear cog, click "Quit disconnect premium" to shutdown and restart the app, it no longer shows protection for even Safari... At this point, I am just done dealing with it.
The concept behind this app is great, but it is horriby impemented. The information regarding its capabilities and compatibility on their site is also sub-par, at best. I will be canceling my Premium subscription, and I'm a bit upset that I just wasted $36 on nothing more than a "good idea". I highly recommend that you avoid this product, until it gets to the point of actually functioning as advertised.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our Premium app offers device-wide protection. This means when you turn the app on, you are protected across your entire device, not just single browsers. The Premium app does have free Safari tracker blocking protection if you do not want to subscribe, but the paid app offers greater protection than this in Safari and across your entire Mac. It sounds as though you may have also installed our free standalone browser extension for Chrome. You do not need this with the Premium app as you already have greater protection with the Premium app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Disconnect, Inc.
- 16.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Disconnect, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $35.99
- Premium $11.99
- Premium $23.99
- Premium $29.99