Privacy Pro offers powerful, easy to use protection from the thousands of invisible trackers that secretly collect your personal information. Our Tracker Protection lists help power privacy for over 350 million monthly active users. Disconnect has been Featured by The New York Times, Washington Post, 60 Minutes, Today Show, Wired, & many more!
AMAZING FREE VERSION
- Device wide tracker protection, faster page loads, reduced bandwidth, better battery life
- Easy to use firewall, block whatever you want
- See a real-time list of trackers trying to collect your location, phone number, email, and online activity
- Stats dashboard shows what's blocked, encrypted, along with time and data savings
- Encrypted DNS lookups prevents tracking of your web and app usage
- Bulk import/export your own firewall rules
UPGRADE TO ENCRYPT ALL VULNERABLE HTTP TRAFFIC
- Encrypt all HTTP traffic (including in-app and background) to keep your sensitive data secure
MORE DETAILS ABOUT PRIVACY PRO
- Utilizes servers in over 180 locations and 80+ countries to ensure fastest connections
- Blocks invisible tracking and next gen malware (malvertising) threats
- Empowers you to easily use our firewall, block whatever domains you want
- Works on Wi-Fi and Cellular (2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, etc)
- Supports 32 and 64-bit devices
Our Tracker Protection technology is integrated into popular browsers and is now available to block trackers inside all your apps. Privacy Pro blocks privacy invasive trackers by setting a DNS in the SmartVPN to prevent known tracking domains from connecting. Our tracker protection is solely focused on consumer privacy and we have a well defined policy, which you can view here: https://disconnect.me/trackerprotection. We are not an ad blocker and never accept money for whitelisting. We give you full control of which trackers are blocked or allowed.
Why secure HTTP and DNS matter? Your device loads thousands of unsecured HTTP and DNS connections everyday. These unencrypted connections are vulnerable to legal and illegal collection of your sensitive information in transit. Our technology encrypts all your DNS and HTTP connections. We NEVER store or log any traffic routed through our servers and don’t track your IP address or any other personal info, except the info you volunteer.
Our mission is to improve the internet and the world by empowering people to exercise their right to privacy.
- We help protect over 350 million people with our open source tracker protection lists
- Accolades include winning the Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the South by Southwest Interactive festival, making the list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app 2016, 2017, 2018
- Public partnerships with leading privacy/security organizations including Consumer Reports, Mozilla, and the EFF
The free version of Disconnect Privacy Pro blocks trackers and encrypts your DNS through our SmartVPN and requires no subscription.
Secure Mode requires a subscription and encrypts all HTTP traffic on your device to protect your sensitive details from unwanted surveillance.
Length: You can sign up for a 1 month or 12 month subscription.
- 7-day free trial, free of charge, no commitment, cancel anytime
- Your Disconnect Pro subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account at purchase confirmation
- The monthly or annual subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal.
- You can manage your subscription and turn auto-renewal off in your Account Settings after purchase.
Please contact email@example.com to connect with our awesome team.
Adds various stability, speed, and UX improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using it for many months and have been consistently surprised at how many accessed it blocks, usually without my noticing any missing functionality.
Over the past 24 hours I have noticed it blocking Gmail. I’ll see a notice on my phone that I have some number of unread Gmail messages, but when I go into the app it is unable to download any mail. This went on for several hours before I tried turning Privacy Pro off. A moment later all of my Gmail messages were downloaded and I turned Privacy Pro back on. This has happened another four times since then on multiple WiFi networks. Every time a new Gmail messages comes in I get a notification, but I can’t see the messages until I turn Privacy Pro off.
I don’t understand how so many people have issues- I am currently running developer 12.4 beta, and within the past 30 days, this app has prevented collection of 1.4 gigs of data on my device. I have settings changed to “Agressive” and even with that, my Gmail is fine. The only adverse effect i have is i cannot click on the top search engine results that are sponsored or advocated by google, the hyperlinks will not work, and a few emails do not load (mostly advertisemen emails). No big deal for me, It’s an easy workaround for the benefits this app provides. No sarcasm intended, but If you cannot figure such easy workarounds, or if your social network apps are that important, you may need to reconsider your use of VPNs.
Developer Response ,
Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and thank you for the support! We’re working hard to make the app even better.
App literally breaks iOS 12
Makes it literally impossible to update anything and if you sign out of the App Store it becomes impossible to sign back in, took me half an hour to question maybe the vpn and new features might be the cause. Turned it off and everything instantly starts working again. Little upset a new feature, that cost $25 mins you would be so breaking.
Edit: after the update functionality has greatly improved but certain things still don’t work. Streaming anything live or online (ESPN, bleacher report, hbo go, Netflix) is extremely hit or miss still. Either it works flawlessly or it just refuses to give playback until you turn it off.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a bunch for the feedback and updated review. Still very sorry anything is breaking. Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the streaming issues you described. But we are in constant update mode and have another update coming very soon, which hopefully will resolve any issues you're having and provide a much easier way to turn the VPN on / off. As always, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
- Disconnect, Inc.
- 55.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Disconnect, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Toolbox $9.99
- SmartVPN with Secure Mode $24.99
- SmartVPN with Secure Mode $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.