Scan and OCR (Optical Character Recognition / Recognize Text) documents in PDF.
OCR and all image processing are performed on user devices so there is no data exposure risk.
DocOCR turned your iPhone / iPad into a powerful scanner for text recognition.
Use it to scan and OCR not only documents, but also books, whiteboards, receipts, business cards, posters, coupons, ...etc. as PDFs, and annotate or sign the scanned PDFs.
- Combine multiple pages into one sheet.
It's very useful especially when you need to print multiple pages (e.g. two sides of ID cards) on one A4/Letter paper.
It can automatically detect document edges and surface in a picture, dewarp curved surface, correct perspective distortion, remove shadows and brighten it up to produce a clear and sharp document, especially useful in a low-light environment.
It is easy to drag and drop files to group them in a folder and organize in many ways: create, delete, edit, rename, deplicate, merge, split, and move documents between folders. You can search documents by name easily in the app.
By turning on the auto file sync with iCloud Drive, you can easily access your scanned documents from any other device. (Pro version only)
By turning on WiFi file sharing, you can read all PDF files on the device.
You can also email documents out as PDF or JPEG files.
Export OCR result as txt or docx file.
Other ways to import / export documents:
- Fax documents to over 100 countries instantly (cost calculated by the number of pages and recipient country and paid via in-app purchase).
- Transfer all your documents from one device to another.
- Support import / upload to SMB (Win / Mac / NAS). (Pro version only)
- Support import / upload to iCloud Drive. (Pro version only)
- Support import / upload to Dropbox. (Pro version only)
- Support import / upload to Google Drive. (Pro version only)
- Support import / upload to Box. (Pro version only)
- Support import / upload to SkyDrive. (Pro version only)
- Support import / upload to WebDAV Server. (Pro version only)
- Print documents via AirPrint.
- Save documents to Photo Albums.
- "Open In" other apps, e.g. iBooks, Kindle, Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Import PDFs via "Open In" from other apps.
- Import PDF/JPEG from cloud storages.
- In-app fax sending and receiving is convenient especially when you are out of office or have no fax machine at all.
- Receive a push notification when a fax is sent or received succesffuly or failed for what reason.
- Receive faxes with non auto renewable subscription which supports dozens of countries (we kept adding more) for users to subscribe a fax number for receiving faxes.
- Deny all faxes when no need to receive any fax.
Tip: For best edge detection, please place your documents in high contrast to the background, e.g. put your white paper on a dark table.
Your feedbacks are very important to us.
Please contact our customer service at email@example.com for resolving problems before submitting feedback in appstore. Most problems can be solved easily, but we cannot help you solve problems from the comments.
Add a new function for fax users to delete their accounts: the "Delete Account" button is in the bottom of the fax settings screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Scanner App Hands Down
I am a big hobbyist for scanning books. I even have a $400 book scanner. This app makes it look so easy. Beautifully dewarps using the lines of text for curvature correction. I wish you would release a book scanning app that would split the pages at the middle. Will make scanning so fast and I can sell my scanner 😀
One feature request for DocOCR. After scan correction, I can resize, set color or rotate. How about crop? I sometimes want to crop the image only after flattening it, for best results. That’s missing right now. If you can dewarp so beautifully, cropping would be a piece of cake for you.
Very useful to flatten page sides compared to notes
This is an impressive app! I had to scan a document and I was pleased to see that the result was almost the same of an actual scanner, brightness enhancement and side page adjustments (flattening the edges) were incredibly good and the result was a million times better than what you get with the notes app. Highly recommend.
Spectacular warp correction for OCR purposes
I am extremely impressed. As of the day I write this, I haven't found a Mac OSX app that does the same thing. Auto warp correction, deskew and sharpen far exceeded expectations.
Enhancement requests: a button to convert to grayscale, and a button to rotate in 90 degree increments (your wheel is cool and useful, but not ideal as the only way to rotate).
Simply put: this app is a necessity for taking pictures of book pages before OCR process begins. Great app!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IFUNPLAY CO., LTD.
- 192.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 IFUNPLAY CO., LTD.
- In-App Purchases
- Fax Pack 1 $0.99
- Upgrade To Pro $5.99
- 1 Fax Credit $0.99
- 5 Fax Credit $3.99
- 10 Fax Credit $6.99
- 20 Fax Credit $11.99
- Fax No. For One Month $5.99
- Fax Pack 2 $1.99
- Fax No. For Six Months $22.99
- Fax No. For Three Months $12.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.