Turn your iDevice into the Doctor's TARDIS, and travel through space and time! Or see the TARDIS in the REAL WORLD and take and share photos! All this and more with the Official Doctor Who Virtual TARDIS app!
The Official Doctor Who Virtual TARDIS app uses Augmented Reality technology to bring you 2 amazing apps in 1:
Your imagination is the limit as your iDevice becomes the Doctor's TARDIS! The TARDIS will read your movements giving you full control over it's flight! Place your iDevice on a flat surface to land the TARDIS, complete with light and sound effects. Lift it to take off. Move around to fly. Move fast and you'll fly the TARDIS into the Time Vortex and explore the universe!
Next, see the TARDIS in the REAL WORLD! Look around as if you're taking a photo and see the TARDIS spinning above you, or touch the ground where you'd like it to land and watch it materialise before your eyes! Rotate and scale the TARDIS to line up the perfect photo, then take and share your images on Facebook, Twitter or Flickr.
- The TARDIS has changed over the past 50 years, select your version to fly through space and time! The app includes the Tenth & Eleventh Doctor's TARDIS designs, as well as the TARDIS from the 80s, 70s and the original from 50 years ago. Choosing this design even makes everything black and white, just like the First and Second Doctor's adventures!
- The virtual TARDIS has motion controls to control it's flight, and the live augmented reality background means you can play seamlessly with other toys.
- Fly fast to enter the Time Vortex and visit distant galaxies, then fly back again to return to the real world. Your imagination is the limit!
- Tap the TARDIS to open the door and see inside!
- Authentic graphics and sound effects from the most successful science-fiction series in the world.
- Use social media to share photos of your virtual TARDIS adventures! #DoctorWho #VirtualTARDIS
Since "borrowing" his TARDIS from the repair shop on Gallifrey, the Doctor has been exploring the endless wonders of the universe. Whether you choose to fly your virtual TARDIS to the planet Skaro, or just to the end of the garden path, get out there and explore!
BBC, DOCTOR WHO, TARDIS, are Trademarks of the British Broadcasting Company and are used under license.
Licensed by BBC Worldwide Limited.
Small bugfix for iOS 9.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is most certainly worth two dollars! This app makes me feel like the doctor, I can use this app for hours pretending that I have my own TARDIS and can travel anywhere in time and space! This is perfect for role plays. Overall great app however, I do have a couple of requests. One, you could add a interior feature where we could enter our Selected tardis and actually use the console and fly. Two, you should make a regeneration app! You know, you could create your own regeneration scenes with face morph features and everything! Besides all that Fantastic app! Oh, yah! One more thing before I go...Allonzy Allonzo!
I love this game and will never get bored of it! When some people say it is too animated for their liking they are wrong! I have tried this game in many places but it looks best on my path. I love doctor who and I have loved it for a few years now with this app I might never be obsessed with anything else but dr who!
I'm basically saying that it is worth a couple of dollars. Thanks for your time!
Good but could be better
I am a huge Doctor Who fan. I have been for most of my life. I was very excited to get this app and have been happy with it for the most part. It does very well but images are a little to cartoon looking for the most part. The biggest issue I have with this and would seriously love to see fixed is the fact that different doctors had more than one control room. It would be a five star app no question if you could actually choose not just your favorite TARDIS but also the control room as well. If you guys can work on that it would be amazing. Hopefully I am not the only person who would think so.
The developer, Useless Creations Pty Ltd, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Useless Creations Pty Ltd
- 90.4 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 5.1.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Useless Creations, Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.