Personalized support to cut back or quit drinking. 100% anonymous.
Drinker’s Helper is an app built by people who quit drinking to help others stop drinking alcohol or moderate their drinking. We provide an alcohol tracker, a support group, and motivational exercises to help members achieve their sobriety or moderation goals.
For free, anyone can:
* Take our alcohol test to assess your drinking
* Decide to stop drinking alcohol or set a moderate drinking goal
* Use our alcohol tracker to track your drinking vs. your limits OR use it as a sobriety counter or sobriety clock to track your sober streak
* Make and track a pledge to stay sober
* Try the first exercise of each course in our library (up to 17 exercises in total) to help you resist urges to drink and build motivation to change
With DH Plus, our paid subscription, members can:
* Join a personalized support group, where you can get encouragement from other people with similar drinking histories (it’s 100% anonymous, so you can share freely)
* Access the rest of our library of over 100 motivational exercises
* Go beyond the drink tracker to get deeper insight on the strategies that help you stick with your limits and the triggers that make you want to drink
* Access insights from the community on strategies that work for them and benefits they’ve seen from sobriety or moderation
We know it isn’t easy to quit drinking (or cut back). Whether you’re just doing a Sober October or a Dry January, or if you’re done drinking, we hope that by joining our community, you can:
* Discover you’re not alone in wanting to drink less or stop drinking
* Become more mindful in your drinking decisions using the drink counter
* Strengthen your personal motivation to quit drinking or drink less
* Get and give meaningful support to others looking to change
* Reflect on why you drink using the drink tracker, so you can find healthier substitutes
* Learn about the effects of alcohol and the benefits of changing
* Learn skills to resist urges to drink
DH Plus subscription pricing and terms:
Though Drinker’s Helper is free to download and use, we offer a premium subscription (DH Plus) that unlocks additional features. You can try out DH Plus free for 1 WEEK, and if you enjoy your trial, your subscription will automatically continue for as long as you choose to remain a member.
The pricing and rates for auto-renewing subscriptions are as follows:
1 month for $14.99 (USD)
3 months for $38.99 (USD)
6 months for $59.99 (USD)
Your payment will be charged on the last day of the current billing period. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current 1, 3, or 6 month periods, for the same amount and package duration as the package you choose: $59.99 every 6 months, or $38.99 every 3 months, or $14.99 every 1 month.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. Your membership starts as soon as you set up payment with iTunes. Any unused portion of your free trial will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Terms & conditions: https://www.drinkershelper.com/terms-and-conditions
* This app cannot offer medical advice or provide alcohol addiction treatment, and is in no way a substitute for medical treatment. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911, and if you have medical questions or concerns, please see a doctor.
* Alcohol withdrawal can be fatal. If you have been drinking heavily or consistently, consult a doctor before making significant changes to your drinking. If you experience alcohol withdrawal symptoms when going sober or drinking less, consult a doctor.
We regularly update the app to improve your experience. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app, one idea I think the developers should consider though
So far this app is really great at keeping me distracted and constantly in touch with people I can actually relate to during my idle time hours through the day and evening. I just wish there always a way to start a private conversation with a person you just naturally click with and relate on a more personal level.
My app suggestion would be to create a messaging system so you can privately talk to a single individual or create a small group of say 4-5 people that you always vibed and just clicked with and connected with on another level.. this messaging app would still be anonymous and I’d prefer that and there should be a feature to report a person that becomes a creep or crosses boundaries and a way to report and send the chat history to admins
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the thoughtful review! We are so glad the app has been helpful to you. Your suggestion of private messaging, and the accompanying “report a creep” feature, makes a ton of sense to us. We can’t commit to specific timing, but following your suggestion and a few others with similar feedback, we have put this on our roadmap.
New member and already feel supported!
I’m chatting with folks right now about how to get through this evening without a drink. The community has incredible ideas! We’re all focused on similar things. The sense of support is stunningly wonderful. I feel like I don’t need to be ashamed anymore of my drinking because I have people who understand and will help me solve my issues in real time. Don’t hesitate to sign up with this App if alcohol is running your life. Together we can change that!
Tracking/“Streak” counter doesn’t work
I actually really like this app, and even sprang for the premium/paid version. I think I’ll be canceling, though, because the tracking feature DOES. NOT. WORK. I’d think tracking the number of days you’ve either stayed below your set limit or not drank at all would be a fairly vital feature for most people, but don’t rely on this app for it. Seems like non-drinking days aren’t counted, so apparently my record “streak” is the 4 days in a row I had a drink since downloading the app. Never mind the 10 days prior to those 4, or the 12 since. Nope, my “record” streak is 4 days, period. Doesn’t really help the motivation.
That said, the exercises have some useful info and the group chat thing has been helpful. It’s just a shame that of the app’s three main features, one is utterly broken and useless - particularly when I’m shelling out a not insignificant sum for the privilege of attempting to use this non-functioning feature.
Developer Response ,
Non-drinking days are certainly supposed to be counted in streaks, including those you add prior to your subscription date. However, if you don't track for a week, streaks do get re-set to 0, which it sounds like might have happened here. If you contact us through our website, www.drinkershelper.com, we would love to help figure out what's going on!
The Drinker's Helper Team
Edit: Per the above, one reason this could happen is that streaks re-set if you don't track at all for a week. As another note, though, streaks also don't increment unless you track either sober days or drinks (your streak does not go up passively as the days go by; you have to track to add to it). The idea behind both features is that they keep everyone, including those of us who've been sober for a long time, actively reflecting on what works and why it's worth it, so we don't get complacent. Hope it's helpful!!
- Drinker’s Helper, LLC
- 234.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Drinker's Helper LLC
- In-App Purchases
- DH Plus $14.99
- DH Plus $59.99
- DH Plus $38.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.