Drive Sober 17+
Element Creative LLC
Designed for iPad
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s - DRIVE SOBER mobile application has been developed to assist individuals who may have had too much to drink find a safe ride home other than driving. It also serves to provide interactive information on the dangers of impaired driving, such as:
- Designated Driver Selector: Choose a color for each member of your group & spin the bottle to pick who’s going to stay sober to get you home safely!
- Find A Ride: Uses your mobile device’s GPS-feature to identify any taxi, bus or designated driver services near where you are located. NOTE: Not all services may be available.
- You Got Game: An interactive section of the app with 4 skill assessments that test your mobility, reaction time, memory and accuracy, all of which can be compromised when impaired. Please note that these games are not a definitive assessment of a person’s ability to drive. You can be arrested for drunk driving with a BAC under 0.08 if you show signs of impaired driving regardless of your ability to complete one of the games.
- Reverse It: cognitive skill test featuring spelling words backwards
- Don’t Wipe Out: skill test for stability
- Perfect Pour: skill test for precision and accuracy
- Tower or Topple: skill test for reaction time
Our hope is that people who take the time to download the DRIVE SOBER app will use it constructively in the effort to help us achieve zero preventable deaths on Wisconsin roadways. We urge you to share the DRIVE SOBER app with family and friends so that as many people as possible can join the effort.
Ride Service and Video updates
Ratings and Reviews
More content please!
Fun, but completely ridiculous
I totally support the Zero Deaths in Wisconsin campaign and I really like that there's an app for that. However, it's a bit on the ridiculous side with the drunk goggles. The app apparently cannot filter alcohol at all because one drink makes it drunker than I ever have been lol.
Additionally, the BAC calculator will only tell you you're drunk or buzzed. If you select one drink in eleven hours, it will calculate your BAC at 0%, but the annoying voice will still tell you you're buzzed, and driving buzzed is the same thing as driving drunk. Lol
Speaking of that annoying voice, it's there even if your phone is on vibrate/silent. And there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off.
I had difficulty typing the letters of words backwards, due to the small size of the keyboard!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Element Creative, LLC
- 96.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2014 Wisconsin Department of Transportation