Drum Beats+ is the perfect practice companion for any musician who loves to groove.
It’s a simple, beat-based metronome app that’s more fun than a programmable machine and more reliable than a drummer. You’ll develop essential timing, jamming and improvisation skills.
With Drum Beats + for Mac as your jam buddy, you’ll never practice alone again.
- - -
“A proper replacement for your deadbeat drummer.” Rolling Stone Magazine
“This is a great app and I recommend it to anyone.” Bill Bowie
“Simple, intuitive interface. Great samples and sound quality. Couldn't be easier to use.” 5--String
- - -
Practice to the right beat, right now.
• The simple design means you’ll find the right beat fast. No digging through menus, no wasting time.
• Includes over 250 great sounding drum beats in rock, blues and other styles
• Play back any beat at any tempo without changing the pitch
• Tempos range from 60 to 190 bpm (beats per minute) in 5 bpm intervals
• "Favorite" the beats you like best so you can access them quicker
- - -
Become the musician you know you can be.
• Hit the randomizer button to play with random beats that’ll keep you on your toes
• Jam to Bar Break beats that rest for entire bars or more, challenging you to riff, improvise and get creative
• Play with beats that alternate between swing and straight feels, loud and soft volumes and beats per bar
Jam loud using AirPlay to play beats through your stereo or Apple TV
Record yourself practicing by simply dragging the high-quality beat file from the app right into your recording software
- - -
You’ll never jam alone with 15 Beat Packs of different styles—250+ beats in all. With booming rock bass drums, snappy soul snares and more. All digitally mastered for radio-ready sound quality.
• Starter Pack. 17 essential rock, jazz, blues and electronic beats
• Hit Songs 1 Pack. 16 beats based on popular songs every guitarist should know
• Break Beats Pack. 16 bumping beats of classic funk and soul breaks
• Pop Rock 1 Pack. 12 beats spanning funk, straight ahead rock, shuffles and more
• Blues Packs 1 and 2. A mix of 29 traditional blues beats. Including straight and shuffle, sticks and brushes
• Country 1 Pack. 14 ballads, trains, shuffles and more. Perfect for country and beyond
• Heavy Metal 1 Pack. 11 thunderous and shredtastic double-bass beats
• Jazz 1 Pack. 20 essential jazz beats masterfully played with sticks and brushes
• R&B Essentials Pack. 12 drum machine-inspired R&B beats
• Latin Jazz Pack. 20 crisp and percussive Afro-Cuban, Brazilian beats and more
• World Beats Pack. 20 world-famous beats including salsa, rumba and bossa nova
• Tambourines Pack. 10 sizzling tambourine loops in various rhythms
• Artificial 1 Pack. 16 excellent modern and vintage-sounding electronic beats
The new Rhythm & Timing Beat Pack will improve your feel, ear training, and dexterity. Play along with alternating grooves, volumes, beats per bar and rests—all within a single beat. 41 beats in total.
Audio engine stability fix.
New Rhythm & Timing pack (41 practice beats)!
We recommend using OS X 10.8+ for best performance.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent tool. A must have
I use this almost every day. An excellent tool, great value, really good sounds. I only wish I could adjust temp by 1 BPM instead of 5 BPM. I drag the beats into Garage Band to use for songwriting, and sometime it doesn’t quite give me the exact tempo I want. Higly recommended.
I have been using this App for a year or so now, every day, for practice. I think it is easy to use and a very fast way to get straight to practicing my guitar without any hassle. I am not interested in learning how to write a drum part in a drum program nor have the time to do it. I just find the rhythm I want and go. I have never had a problem with it in either the old or new version for crashing or not working as it should. This is a great App and I recommend it to anyone.
Simplicity is Divine
I like the 5bpm intervals and the intuitive-works-out-of-the-box approach. I like that this app doesn’t crash. I don’t agree with those who want further bells and whistles. All I need is here. As a bassist, I enjoy practicing to this over a metronome because I get a feel of playing with a drummer, which is what I do when I’m playing in jam sessions/live.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.