Privacy, simplified. One super-charged app, four types of privacy protection.
Tired of being tracked online? We can help.
DuckDuckGo is the all-in-one privacy app that helps protect your online activities. With one download you get a new everyday browser that offers seamless protections from most third-party trackers while you search and browse, and access to tracking protections when receiving email. With DuckDuckGo, privacy can be your default.
• Search Privately - DuckDuckGo Private Search comes built-in so you can search the web without being tracked.
• Block Tracking Cookies — Prevent most 3rd-party cookies from tracking you as you browse from site to site.
• Escape Website Trackers Before They Load - We automatically stop most hidden trackers (3rd-party scripts) from loading, which prevents companies from collecting and using any personal data from these trackers. Our cutting-edge tracker blocking technology – called 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection – goes above and beyond what you get in most popular browsers by default.
• Automatically Enforce Encryption - Smarter Encryption forces many sites you visit in DuckDuckGo to use an encrypted (HTTPS) connection where available, protecting your data from prying eyes.
• Block Email Trackers - 70% of emails track you as soon as you open them. Enabling Email Protection is the easy way to block most email trackers and hide your address without switching services.
The DuckDuckGo app has the browsing features you expect, like tabs and bookmarks, plus privacy controls you'll love. Taking control of your privacy doesn't have to mean making tradeoffs.
• Tap Fire Button, Burn Data - Clear your tabs and browsing data with one tap of the Fire Button.
• Signal Your Privacy Preference with GPC - Built into the app, Global Privacy Control (GPC) intends to help you express your legal opt-out rights automatically. This will tell websites not to sell or share your personal information under future legal frameworks (e.g., CCPA, GDPR) in various states or countries.
Note about our 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection following DuckDuckGo ad clicks:
Our 3rd-Party Tracker Protection goes above and beyond what you get in most popular browsers by default, but we’re constantly working to make it more comprehensive. Currently, if an advertiser wants to detect conversions on their own website for our private DuckDuckGo search ads, our 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection will not stop bat.bing.com requests from loading on the advertiser’s website following DuckDuckGo ad clicks, but those requests are stopped in all other contexts. This is because DuckDuckGo private search advertising is in partnership with Microsoft. As part of that partnership, viewing ads on DuckDuckGo is anonymous and Microsoft has committed to not profile our users’ ad clicks.
Read more about this and our Tracking Protections at https://help.duckduckgo.com/duckduckgo-help-pages/privacy/web-tracking-protections/
You don't need to wait to take back your privacy. Join the millions of people using DuckDuckGo and protect many of your everyday online activities with one app. It's privacy, simplified.
About Us: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
How It Works: https://duckduckgo.com/app
Privacy Newsletter: https://duckduckgo.com/newsletter
Open Source: https://github.com/duckduckgo/iOS
• Bug fixes and other improvements
Join our fully distributed team and help raise the standard of trust online — from anywhere! https://duckduckgo.com/hiring
Ratings and Reviews
Starting to feel better
I don’t like to be micromanaged, spied on, having my personal information sold or going to someone-some business-some political party without me knowing who it is. I recently heard about DuckDuckGo and the things they do to protect peoples privacy. I research the pros/cons and thought I’d give them a try. Within the first day of switching to them, I had several alerts. One warned me of a social media account that was trying to get my information that was hidden on a site I clicked on (wasn’t an extension either). Another alert let me know that by clicking on the site I was about to, it would automatically gain access to sensitive info. I’m loving this browser/search engine so far due to the privacy and actual heads up it gives me when something underhanded will be going down if I click on the site. Just after two days of using it, I’m starting to feel more relaxed, in control and wanting to know more. So far I truly DO recommend this product….and it’s free! Thank you DuckDuckGo! Keep up the amazing work. Hopefully we will be able to get our privacy back that has been stolen from us.
I love this app and am very thankful that its available. My only complaint is that I often get lost in a loop of new tabs when trying to access my open tabs. At the bottom right of the app there is a small square with the number of existing tabs. 1/2 the time when I touch the tab number box it opens a new tab. If it only happened once I would not even mention it but it happens 5-6 times in a row before I finally get a chance to delete all the new tabs I have opened. Inevitably I hit above the X when trying to close one of the inadvertant new tabs and the cycle starts over when I try to hit the tab number box again. I love the app so much I just deal with it but man it would be nice if this issue could be fixed
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback, you have in fact discovered a sneaky little shortcut in our app! If you tap this button (quickly), you'll see your list of open tabs. If you hold this button down for a second, you'll get a new tab instead. This shortcut is there to make it easier to open a new tab, hope you find it useful!
A simply private and elegant mobile experience
This app is just everything a mobile browser could need, and it only gets better with each update! First things first, this app looks like it was made with the mobile user in mind. One glance at the interface, and with a simple tutorial of just the most basic buttons, anyone could use this browser with ease. Not too many buttons to overwhelm the user, but not too few configurations to displease the power user. My favorite part of this privacy browser has to be the powerful flame which will wipe clean all the tabs that you may have open, allowing for you to start all over again with a new session full of your greatest searches. The latest update, as of this review, has added the feature to modify the splash effect of the flame to be a cooler “burn” effect. The developers are doing a great job maintaining this app with many great additions in each new release. Definitely an app for people who want peace of mind and privacy ensured with every search. Kudos to the team at DuckDuckGo for such an amazing app!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Duck Duck Go, Inc.
- 55.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © DuckDuckGo
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.