EasyRoute is a route planner for outdoor activities like running, biking and walking.
Simply tap the places you want to go along the way. It will follow roads and paths while also providing the freedom to route directly where you touch.
You can use EasyRoute for all of the following:
• Plan biking, running or walking routes while customizing them to be both enjoyable and safe. You can simply tap your start and destination points, or tap roads or paths you’d prefer to use along the way. You can drag the route to customize it as well.
• Let it guide you through the route. It works equally well in the background so you can use it alongside any of the great workout tracking and analysis apps in the App Store, including the built-in workout app. (With an Apple Watch, you can also optionally record a workout to Health while following a route)
• Customize the directions by adding, editing or removing instructions.
• Share routes with others or export them to your bike computer -- works great with Wahoo ELEMNT ;)
• Enable iCloud to make routes on your iPad and sync them to your iPhone
There are still many more tweaks, improvements, features and enhancements planned.
Note if you go off the route while following it, EasyRoute will issue some simple guidance and provide the right instruction when you come back on, but it does not (yet) do full re-routing.
Thanks for reading this far down and considering this little app.
- Added a search bar to the route list
- Moved the EasyRoute info and options view to a tab on the route list (and called it "Other Stuff".) It should be a lot easier to find there.
- Added a Watch Workouts section to the Other Stuff so any activity recorded by Health by EasyRoute can be converted to a FIT or even uploaded directly to Strava.
- Some bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Better Than The Big Guys!
I’ve used Komoot and Ride with GPS, this app beats them hands down when it comes to *easily* planning a cycling route! I ride with a Wahoo ELEMNT Bolt and the data from EasyRoute syncs perfectly for turn-by-turn directions, just be sure to export as a .FIT file (I had to learn this after my first export didn’t have turn-by-turn). To be sure, this app is fairly basic (and free!). But that’s all I want. The other options are overly complicated and require hours of learning to use them properly. I figured out EasyRoute’s interface in a matter of minutes and the drag route feature is truly awesome!
Awesome, but Map Box introduces a wrinkle
I love(ed) this app. Perhaps the simplest way of any tool on the web or app-based for mapping out a cycling or running route. The “export to GPX” file allows me to plan a route, export to Garmin Connect, and have it on my watch or cycling computer in seconds.
Recently the mapping changed to something called Map Box. It seems Mapbox “hates” certain roads, unless you change the routing option (click the little map icon in the lower right) to “Car.” This occurs primarily on US and State numbered highways, which in rural areas are usually two lane roads. I’m fine if MapBox wants to keep me off I95 and the George Washington Bridge in NYC, but blocking a two lane road doesn’t make any sense.
If you find you’re fighting to make the app route where you want, turn on the car option and all should be well.
Break out of the monotony and find some new routes!
Downloaded this after a recommendation from a popular sports/tech blogger. It is fantastic in its simplicity and ability to upload created routes to Garmin Connect via my mobile device. I just moved to a new area and this app is helping me find new routes to run instead of the same ones over and over just because I know the distances. Looking forward to cycling season when I can really put it to use and plan out some long rides. Kudos to the developer for an excellent offering and for being such a good sport in his app’s “recent spike in usage!”
- John Famiglietti
- 55.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013-2019 John Famiglietti
- In-App Purchases
- EasyRoute Premium $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.