EasyRoute is a route planner for outdoor activities like running, biking and walking.
Simply tap the places you want to go along the way. It will follow roads and paths while also providing the freedom to route directly where you touch.
You can use EasyRoute for all of the following:
• Plan biking, running or walking routes while customizing them to be both enjoyable and safe. You can simply tap your start and destination points, or tap roads or paths you’d prefer to use along the way. You can drag the route to customize it as well.
• Let it guide you through the route on either iPhone or Apple Watch. It works equally well in the background so you can use it alongside any of the great workout tracking and analysis apps in the App Store, including the built-in Apple workout app. (With an Apple Watch, it can optionally record a workout directly to Health while following a route.)
• Customize the directions by adding, editing or removing instructions.
• Download data for offline use, so you can route in areas with no network connection.
• Share routes with others or export them to your devices -- works great with Wahoo ELEMNT bike computers! ;)
• Schedule a route and start following it right from a watch complication or an iOS 14 Home Screen widget.
• Enable iCloud to make routes on your iPad and sync them to your iPhone
• No account or sign-in required. EasyRoute does not collect information about you and there are no 3rd-party ads.
Thanks for reading this far down and considering this little app.
EasyRoute now makes a better default name for exported routes. Also, some minor fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Better Than The Big Guys!
I’ve used Komoot and Ride with GPS, this app beats them hands down when it comes to *easily* planning a cycling route! I ride with a Wahoo ELEMNT Bolt and the data from EasyRoute syncs perfectly for turn-by-turn directions, just be sure to export as a .FIT file (I had to learn this after my first export didn’t have turn-by-turn). To be sure, this app is fairly basic (and free!). But that’s all I want. The other options are overly complicated and require hours of learning to use them properly. I figured out EasyRoute’s interface in a matter of minutes and the drag route feature is truly awesome!
Awesome, but Map Box introduces a wrinkle
I love(ed) this app. Perhaps the simplest way of any tool on the web or app-based for mapping out a cycling or running route. The “export to GPX” file allows me to plan a route, export to Garmin Connect, and have it on my watch or cycling computer in seconds.
Recently the mapping changed to something called Map Box. It seems Mapbox “hates” certain roads, unless you change the routing option (click the little map icon in the lower right) to “Car.” This occurs primarily on US and State numbered highways, which in rural areas are usually two lane roads. I’m fine if MapBox wants to keep me off I95 and the George Washington Bridge in NYC, but blocking a two lane road doesn’t make any sense.
If you find you’re fighting to make the app route where you want, turn on the car option and all should be well.
Break out of the monotony and find some new routes!
Downloaded this after a recommendation from a popular sports/tech blogger. It is fantastic in its simplicity and ability to upload created routes to Garmin Connect via my mobile device. I just moved to a new area and this app is helping me find new routes to run instead of the same ones over and over just because I know the distances. Looking forward to cycling season when I can really put it to use and plan out some long rides. Kudos to the developer for an excellent offering and for being such a good sport in his app’s “recent spike in usage!”
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- John Famiglietti
- 74.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.3 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013-2022 John Famiglietti
- In-App Purchases
- EasyRoute Premium $1.99
- Annual Maps Subscription $4.99
- Monthly Maps Subscription $0.99
- Quarterly Maps Subscription $1.99