EasyTrails GPS LITE is the LITE version of EasyTrails GPS, the complete GPS tracker app for your iPhone.
The perfect application for those who are passionate about OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES and TRAVELING, everybody who likes outdoor sports, and not only.
Are you going for a bike or motorcycle ride? Well, EasyTrails GPS will tell you how many miles you traveled, how much time you spent, how high you climbed and many other details. In real-time it will show you the course on a map, comparing it with downloaded tracks and points of interest.
You can import or share all tracks and waypoints, photos and ideas for new journeys with your friends.
Share where you are on Facebook and Twitter through your GPS position, and export your tracks in standard formats, so you can review them on Google Earth, SportTracks and TrailsRunner. Or simply upload them to online services like Garmin Connect, or many others.
It's possible to import tracks by e-mail or Safari (EasyTrails can handle GPX, KML/KMZ and ZIP file formats), or by wi-fi networks, using an improved and easy to use web-based sharing feature.
With the FULL version, you can also calculate routes and let EasyTrails guide you using the new navigation capabilities. You can also let it guide you through previously recorded tracks.
Additionally, EasyTrails GPS can communicate with navigators like Maps, Google Maps, TomTom or Waze (if installed) for more advanced guidance needs.
Load custom cartography, EasyTrails supports KMZ and MBTILES formats.
EasyTrails GPS is easy to use and extremaly accurate. It ensures the maximum duration of battery thanks to the possibility of recording in "StandBy" mode. However, be aware that use of GPS, even in background, will have a significant impact on battery duration.
► For more info, visit our website: www.easytrailsgps.com
► Heart rate monitoring (paid)
We added the ability to connect to compatible Bluetooth heart rate monitors (such as Polar H6 and H7 devices). Heart rate can be seen in real time from the dashboard.
With the 'Heart rate monitoring' in-app purchase:
- heart rate data will be associated to GPS tracks
- saved tracks will have an extra heart rate chart
- heart rate data will be saved to HealthKit
Additionally, with the 'Colored tracks' in-app purchase, it will be possible to highlight heart rate data directly on the map screen of a recorded track.
- Support for many different map types
- Support for different coordinate systems
- Support for user-loaded offline cartography (KMZ and MBTILES)
- Export tracks (single or multiple) in standard formats (GPX, KML/KMZ and CSV), with their associated waypoints and pictures
- Import tracks (GPX and KML/KMZ)
- Import waypoints (GPX and KML/KMZ)
- Resume recording of tracks
- Save waypoints with photos and descriptions
- Navigate to a point of interest
- Sharing via Facebook and Twitter
- Follow a path/track
- Navigate (distance / direction) towards any waypoint
- Navigate (distance / direction) towards any track marker (start / pause / resume / end points)
- Advanced Navigation to a waypoint using any navigation app you may have installed
- Upload tracks to GPSies (http://www.gpsies.com)
- Upload tracks to SportTracks (http://sporttracks.mobi)
- Upload tracks to OpenTrail (http://www.opentrail.us)
- Upload tracks to OkMap (http://www.okmap.org)
- Real-time visualization of distance, speed, altitude bearing and other data
- Map Visualization in different modes: street map, satellite, hybrid, terrain
- Charts (elevation profiles, ...)
- Digital Compass
- Heart rate monitoring
- Turn by turn directions
- High battery duration (record in standby)
- Select between metric, imperial and nautical measuring systems
- Intuitive and User Friendly interface
- Lightweight, reliable and accurate
- Doesn't require internet connection
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Worked very well tracking my trail run
I prefer to run trails over roads. So, getting basic info like distance traveled and elevation changes really requires a GPS tracker. I chose this app because it's one of the few compatible with the older iPhone 5 (IOS v7) that I carry while running for music. It didn't give me any hassles maintaining GPS lock despite the rugged National Park terrain. The data, map, and charts tracked accurate. The info displays in an engineer style dashboard, which I like more than my fitbit hr data presentation. BTW, much more accurate distance tracking than my fitbit. I give it a low 4 star for doing a good job at basic GPS tracking, and legacy IOS compatibility. I might have rated higher, but it turns out this 'LITE' version is actually a 1-time use, 20 minute max DEMO. So, it didn't even track half of my run. LITE means a low-feature version of the full feature product, not 20 minute, 1-time use of the full feature product. Despite feeling a bit misled over the 'LITE' label, I like it enough to buy the full feature version. Hope that version doesn't have another unexpected limitation.
Decent, a little clunky though
First of all to the dingbats complaining about the time limit...the purpose of a "Lite" version of any app is for you to TRY IT OUT before you buy it. Of course they have to a put a limit on it somehow so you can see how it works and if you like it BUY IT. "Lite" is the app store's version of a demo, dummies.
Anyway...as far as the EasyTrails app goes it does a great job of recording your gps track. Easy to export via email and use elsewhere. I was interested in it because it can load the map in the background. However, it moves a bit clunky...I wish it had a smoother motion as it traced your track. The design also has room for improvement. If these are worked out it could be a 5 star app easy. For now, it's a 3.
I've downloaded almost all the free apps comperable to this one. I got some amazingly incorrect feedback from several of them, including my first 2.2 minute mile whilst strolling... This was not only the easiest to use, but also the most accurate. Am buying full version right after I hit send.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Zirak Srl
- 44.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2009-2016 Zirak s.r.l.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove track and waypoint number limit $1.99
- Remove track recording duration limit $1.99
- Add route navigation $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.